Settings App (was: Re: [b2g] Module Owners Wiki Update)

First of all, we still have two module peers active on the app: Evelyn
Hung and Fred Lin, so we are not at the point of assigning people to
take over.

For the purpose of getting day-to-day work done, I have asked Fred
("gasolin" on the list) to be the go-to person to handle at least the
current blockers and yet-to-finish items.

I will leave Evelyn and Fred to work out how to growing the module
contributors. I have already talked to Yura and Evelyn will follow-up
soon.

Thanks,

Tim

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 1:43 AM, Kevin Grandon <kgrandon@mozilla.com> wrote=
:
>> I'd also like to propose promoting Yura Zenevich to a peer of the Settin=
gs
>> module.
>
> Sounds like this should be up to the module owner to decide. If the modul=
> owners are inactive, then the overarching gaia module owners should proba=
bly
> appoint a new module owner to the settings submodule. I'm not sure of the
> official policy, so you should check with governance.
>
> Also, I'm not sure who's still active on this list, but here are the top =
10
> contributors to the settings app in the last year:
>
> git shortlog --no-merges -n -s --since=3D"1 year ago" apps/settings/ | he=
ad
> -10
>    111    Arthur Chen
>     82    EragonJ
>     36    gasolin
>     36    Kevin Grandon
>     26    ian-liu
>     15    Yura Zenevich
>     13    Sta=C5=9B Ma=C5=82olepszy
>     12    Manuel Casas Barrado
>     11    Zbigniew Braniecki
>      9    Pavel Ivanov
>
> (I like having lots of peers where possible, so I'm totally fine introduc=
ing
> Yura as a settings peer - if the settings owner agrees)
>
> Best,
> Kevin
>

> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 7:53 AM, Douglas Sherk <d2sherk@uwaterloo.ca> wro=
te:

>> The module ownership for the Spark apps is listed here:
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox_OS/Spark#Major_Apps
>>
>> Unless there's any opposition, I'll move these over to the main module
>> ownership page. Note that we will likely be cutting several of the Spark
>> apps from the release.
>>
>> I'd also like to propose promoting Yura Zenevich to a peer of the Settin=
gs
>> module. He has done a lot of work on it to support Spark and in my opini=
on
>> would be an excellent peer. With the lack of an active owner of that mod=
ule,
>> it seems appropriate to me to propose this to the mailing list. If Yura =
is
>> open to it, we could also consider making him the owner.
>>
>> Doug

>>> But it is always polite to contact the owner/peer first.
>>>
>>> / Jonas

Tim
7/15/2015 4:41:55 AM
mozilla.dev.gaia 3196 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow