Replace default nsHelperAppDlg

Hello!

For a kiosk application I need to suppress all instances of
nsHelperAppDlg and nsFilePicker. I have managed to do this by stripping
all code from the functions in the JS files, leaving just the interface
definitions and default return values. But this seems quite hackish and
unstable to me. Is there any way to write a regular extension that
returns a "dummy" object when an Instance of
"@mozilla.org/helperapplauncherdialog;1" is created?

Gabriel

0
gabriel
10/14/2006 2:45:42 PM
mozilla.dev.extensions 5694 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 14 Oct 2006 07:45:42 -0700, gabriel.birke@gmail.com
<gabriel.birke@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> For a kiosk application I need to suppress all instances of
> nsHelperAppDlg and nsFilePicker. I have managed to do this by stripping
> all code from the functions in the JS files, leaving just the interface
> definitions and default return values. But this seems quite hackish and
> unstable to me. Is there any way to write a regular extension that
> returns a "dummy" object when an Instance of
> "@mozilla.org/helperapplauncherdialog;1" is created?

You can write a dummy XPCOM component implementing the necessary
interfaces and register it with the sane contract id.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/How_to_Build_an_XPCOM_Component_in_Javascript

Nickolay
0
Nickolay