Processes file content before upload (from file upload form)

Hello

I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client
side) before uploading them to server.

May be I have to use file upload form and somehow read files and sign
them on submit event

I'm not sure how (and can I) do this in Firefox extension?

I prefer to use browser functionality for file upload rather than make
my own HTTP connection from my extension. I also prefer not to write
any user interface.
0
UTF
4/7/2010 11:27:08 AM
mozilla.dev.extensions 5694 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 4/7/10 7:27 AM, Юлиян wrote:
> I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client
> side) before uploading them to server.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_files_from_web_applications

-Boris
0
Boris
4/7/2010 12:39:51 PM
On 7 =D0=90=D0=BF=D1=80, 15:39, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 4/7/10 7:27 AM, =D0=AE=D0=BB=D0=B8=D1=8F=D0=BD wrote:
>
> > I have a web aplication that needs to process file content (client
> > side) before uploading them to server.
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_files_from_web_applications
>
> -Boris

The good news is that this work without the need of writing my own
extension, but the bad news is that this is suported only in HTML5 :(

Is there any other way to do it?
0
UTF
4/7/2010 1:07:27 PM
On 4/7/10 9:07 AM, Юлиян wrote:
> The good news is that this work without the need of writing my own
> extension, but the bad news is that this is suported only in HTML5 :(

Meaning what?  It's only supported in Gecko 1.9.2 or later, if that's
what you mean.  Do you need it for earlier Gecko versions?

> Is there any other way to do it?

Sure, depending on what Gecko versions you need to work with, whether
your code is privileged, etc...

-Boris
0
Boris
4/7/2010 1:45:44 PM
On 7 =D0=90=D0=BF=D1=80, 16:45, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 4/7/10 9:07 AM, =D0=AE=D0=BB=D0=B8=D1=8F=D0=BD wrote:
>
> > The good news is that this work without the need of writing my own
> > extension, but the bad news is that this is suported only in HTML5 :(
>
> Meaning what? =C2=A0It's only supported in Gecko 1.9.2 or later, if that'=
> what you mean. =C2=A0Do you need it for earlier Gecko versions?
>
> > Is there any other way to do it?
>
> Sure, depending on what Gecko versions you need to work with, whether
> your code is privileged, etc...
>
> -Boris

I wish to use Gecko 1.9.0 (Firefox 3.0) and to write extension so I
can run a priviled code

- =D0=AE=D0=BB=D0=B8=D1=8F=D0=BD =D0=9F=D0=BE=D0=BF=D0=BE=D0=B2
0
UTF
4/7/2010 1:56:45 PM
On 4/7/10 9:56 AM, Юлиян wrote:
> I wish to use Gecko 1.9.0 (Firefox 3.0) and to write extension so I
> can run a priviled code

If you have to deal with 1.9.0, then you can just ask the file input for
its filepath, create an nsIFile with it, etc.  In privileged code, of
course.

-Boris
0
Boris

file upload extensions
Is it possible to upload any/some video files? I tried to add file extentions under the host settings but it didn't work. Wonder if if it's possible in dnn to upload any video files?Thanks. It is possible to upload files of any extension (as far as I know).  You might be hitting a file size constraint?  I've never tried uploading any really huge files - maybe someone else with comment about that?-doug, Powerhouse Data Yes, you can upload video files.  I've uploaded them and used with core modules as well as MediaGallery.  By default, DNN has a max upload size of 8MB...

how to save the content of uploaded files with my Solution when the number of uploaded files are not known
Hello There!,   First of all i have coded in jscript to add html file input dynamically when we click a button called "Attach". So that we can attach files of any number according to our need.   Now i want to save the uploaded file's content in a text document that is added with the Solution.   But this code actually adds the content to the text document correctly if the number of uploaded file is only one .else it just adds the content of all files in to this only one text document.   Because i don't know how many files will be attached i just want ...

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

HTML Input and File Upload Form ----> ASP.net (aspx) upload action file.
I have the following html input form below with user fields and a file upload field.My server is running Microsoft's ASP.NET 3.5.Does anyone have ASP.NET code that will take the data from this html form, including writing the file to a directory and then store it to a database?Fields in the database would include, userComment1, userComment2, userComment3, and the file details such as filename, filesize, filetype? I am not an ASP Programmer and I am really struggling with this one.  HTML Code is below. Thank you,Tom <FORM encType="multipart/form-data"><p>...

File Upload
Hey I've got a fileUpload control on an aspx page that works fine for the accepted file type, .rpts, and brings up the correct error message for not allowed extensions such as .exes and .jpgs. But .pdf files should cause an error message to be displayed, as only .rpt files are allowed to be uploaded, but instead it brings up a blank page like a web500 page. Is there a known bug when attempting to upload pdf's?   Just in case,here's the only relevant code attached to the control:   If uploadFilename.EndsWith(".rpt") = True Then 'ensures only .rp...

File Upload- Uploads a blank 90kb file
Hi, I'm uploading a 90kb file to both my oracle database and the internet server from asp.net 2.0 via fileupload tag.The file uploads correctly into oracle but uploads with the correct filename but with 0 bytes into my server. Has anyone come across this issue? My Code for saving into my server: Me.filMyFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~/" & "zQ2_" & datever & _ Me.filMyFile.FileName.ToString()))         Please help me solve this issue.Thank YouVic Is the file being created with zero byte?ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) Yes, the file uplo...

Upload all files in folder with file upload control
H i I'm trying to upload all files to a wesite that is in a specific local folder. My code workes fine when I run it locally but when I upload it it fails. I think it looks for the files to upload on the web server and thus cannot find it.  1 Dim files() As String 2 folderExists = System.IO.Directory.Exists(foldername) 3 If folderExists = False Then 4 Label1.Text = "Folder does not exist. Did you enter a folder name or just a file name ?" 5 Exit sub 6 End If 7 files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(foldername) 8 For...

Deleting A File Uploaded Through File Upload Control
Hello, I have a form which allows a user to upload a file to a virtual drive on our server using the following code: fileInvoice.SaveAs(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings.Get("DocumentPath") + strFileName); //Document Path is defined in the web.config file How can I safely allow a form on a web page to delete the file if they know the exact name of the file. I don't want them to be able to do a wildcard match like test* thanks in advance, mitch  Peace be on you brother, so you want to safely delete the file which the name you know. OK I consider that the name ...

File Upload
Hi,  I am using the file upload code at the link below to allows users to upgrade multiple files into  a storage area. http://dotnetslackers.com/community/blogs/basharkokash/archive/2007/09/11/Test.aspx My question is how do I identify which files belong to which user?? On my site i am using ASP membership and before uploading files users must logg on. Does this mean I can use the UserID to identify them or is there another simple wayI I have the file upload in a simple wizard form. Also i am coding in C sharp   Thank you Amereto   You can use the logged...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

How to get file extension of uploaded file
Heres a simlpe one. How do i get the file extension of an uploaded file or any file for that matter without using any of the substring or split functions. I thought File.PostedFile would contain a property like that but it was not to be. Thanks in advance. As far as I know, the only way to get the extension is to parse it out...out of curiosity, why do you not want to use any of the string methods for parsing? Chris I totally agree with the previous response but thought I would add a few other options which *may* help, depending if they are usable in your situation. (Without additi...

File Upload
I use 2.0 with VS 2008 In my code I have put a file upload limit of 1 MB. But if I try uploading files greater than 4 MB, instead of showing the User Message, it does not execute any line of code. Instead it shows. Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage But if I try uploading files between 1MB+ and -4MB, it shows the user message correctly. Cant seem to figure out what the problem could be. Any hints? Below is my codeDim path As String = Server.MapPath("~/UploadedFiles/") Dim fileOK As Boolean = False If FileUpload1.HasFile Then If FileUpload1.PostedFi...

difference between asp file upload and html file upload
Can any tell me the the difference between asp.net file upload control and html file upload control..? is there any filesize & file type limitation for both of these? or can we upload any file of any size? Thanks As far as I know, thery are most likely the same in terms of functionality..http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227677(VS.80).aspxhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.htmlcontrols.htmlinputfile(VS.80).aspx Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NE...

Upload file from remote Computer using File Upload
Hi,     How to upload file from remote computer. Can i browse it thruough the File Upload control ?    Please help?     RamarjunK:Hi,     How to upload file from remote computer. Can i browse it thruough the File Upload control ?    Please help?  you can. when the file open dialog box comes, choose my network places, select the corrosponging share, specify the credentials.  then choose the file.you haven't do any thing special, coding is same .Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish a...

Web resources about - Processes file content before upload (from file upload form) - mozilla.dev.extensions

Transverse processes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The transverse processes ( la. processus transversus ) of a vertebra , two in number, project one at either side from the point where the lamina ...

CO2 Utilization in Chemical Processes
CO2 capture has to be followed by proper utilization in useful processes. This group shares knowledge about existing techniques in Chemical Processes, ...

SYS Activity Manager for Memory, Processes, Disk, Battery, Network, Device Stat & Performance Monitoring ...
Get SYS Activity Manager for Memory, Processes, Disk, Battery, Network, Device Stat & Performance Monitoring on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Creative Processes in Science and Technology: Insights from - YouTube
Google Tech Talk May 14, 2009 ABSTRACT Creative Processes in Science and Technology: Insights from Visual Arts. Presented by Dr. Julio M. Ottino. ...

9 Successful Executives Share How Business Processes Have Changed In Their Career
Clear, well-thought-out business processes can be the difference between the success or failure of a company.

ANUSA must have processes improved
ANUSA must have processes improved

NBN Co wants block on Telstra disconnection processes
Disappointed by competition watchdog.

Labor says Bali Nine legal processes not done
Labor says the legal processes for the Bali Nine pair in Indonesia should be allowed to run their course.

Processes to find missing children in care not good enough: opposition
Processes to help find missing children in care have been slammed by the state opposition, which labelled them long-winded and not in the best ...

Carers angry at delays for adoption processes in the ACT
&nbsp;Foster parents and permanent carers have called on the government to speed up legal processes for adoptions in the ACT, as some wait for ...