changing the text on text box

hello,
 i need to build an addon which takes (on mouse click) the text of any
given input text box and change it.
how do i get theobject of the text box and set my text to its value.

thanks...
0
checkit
1/4/2008 3:37:52 PM
mozilla.dev.extensions 5694 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

How do I block a user from entering text in a text box if they type text in another text box?
I have two text boxes, and want the user to complete one or the other.  How can I "grey out" one text box if a user starts typing in the other textbox?  Never make important decisions on a Monday! You can use the OnTextChanged event of the textboxes and write Javascript for both textboxes to disable the other textbox when the user starts to type in something in one textbox. The only problem with that is that once the user starts to type in something in one text box the other textbox gets disabled and locks up, so now the user HAS TO compulsarily type what he wants in th...

Text box
I have a Popup calendar that opens when i click on the parent form and, and after selecting date - it fills the parent textbox and closes the popup window. Every thing is working fine, but i have one problem, i want the Textbox - textchanged event to fire when there is a change,(auto postback for textbox is set to true). This is not happening. If i manually type in the date in the textbox and go to other control then it fires, but not when i select date from PopUp. How to make it work Appreciate any response. Thanks. Parent Form JAVASCRIPT function OpenCalendar(...

Text style change on the text box
 Hi experts,I'm try to create an email system, i'm having problem on the compose new email which allow user to change their text style while they press the button, i had been totally out of idea to do it.So please give me any idea and suggestion how to do it... Thanks...Below is the basic of my code:<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="NewPost.aspx.cs" Inherits="_NewPost" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd...

Bold Text For Selected text in Text Box
Hi EveryoneI have a small thing to do [at this time , very big for me]. I want to make some text string as bold which appears in a text box control for the web. It means some of the portion of the string will be bold and some will be in the normal font style. Can anyone suggest any idea to accomplish this task. [I know that we can set the font weight property for the whole text box and all the text appears in the selected font-weight]Any suggestions.BaberBaber SaeedSoftware EngineerPalmChip, Pakistan Toll Free: 0800-000-13 Ext:494Cell: 0300-6438634 Standard TextBox that comes with ASP.NET ...

how to call a text changed event in text box
hi all   I am developing a web application. In that i have used a text box and pop up calendar to generate a date time picker. Anyhow its working fine. But when i change the date in the text box, the text changed event is not calling. Also i have done autopostback = true. Can anybody help me regarding this. thanks in advance. hi Sancti, The another way is to write the ontext change event code inside the onselectedchange event of the calendar.Please do not forget to click Mark As Answer on the post that helped you. Regards,K.Sivakumar  Is u added this handler if yes and ...

Text Changed Event For Dynamic Text Box
Hi.. i'm using the Grid View in my Web Application.. I'm creating a TextBox dynamically inside the grid view using Itemplate.. now what my requirement is after entering some values in the Textbox., in the Text_changed event it will do some calculations... But now my problem is i don know how to Write the TextBox_Changed event for the Dynamically created textbox.. pls help me Hi, in ITemplate's implementation of InstantiateIn (where you also create the TB), you could write handler for it tb.TextChanged += new EventHandler(tb_TextChanged); and so on... if you need to write it...

Is their a way to check if text in a text box has changed?
On a particular web form I wrote, I have a multi line textbox where people enter text/content. When the page loads, it defaults to the text that they had previously entered into the text box. The user then if they wish may change the contents of the text and then press a "save" buttton. I want to do the following: 1. Somehow check if the text in the textbox has changed. If it has changed from the original text, then save the new text to a file. So the big question here is how do I check to see if the text in the textbox has changed. Is their a method call that can do this? Or do ...

Text Box Text changed firing twice
Has anyone come across this littile problem. I a using a text box to add quantities to a SQL table. The control is fired under texbox_textchanged. This runs a SQL stored procedure which inserts the data to the table. The problem is that if the return key is accidently pressed twice or too heavily, it would appear that the event is firing twice, thus doubling the value inserted into the table. Example of code: Private Sub txtquantity_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles txtquantity.TextChanged If txtfactory.Text = "" ...

text change, why wont you text change!!!!
Hi i've got a huge form with loadsa recordsets that populate text boxes, AND I MEAN LOADS!!!!It involves some calculationsI have text1.text which goes away and changes text2.text which is fine, but in text2.text i have another on text change thingy which it wont call :(any one have any ideas : )also does any one know how i could call a txt change, so it does the call total a. dont know if thats possible as well. Private Sub txtShare_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles txtShare.TextChanged Call Total_A() End SubThank you if any one one could help...

how to change the font of some text in the text box to different size
hi all, I am developing web application. I have some text in text box. Now i want to change the font of some text to different size than the other lines in the text box. How can i do this. Can anybody help me regarding this. thanks in advance I think you should use some other Text Input control beacause it is not possible in text box. Try the Free text Box in the link below. http://freetextbox.com/default.aspx This will solve your problemMuhammad ShoaibSoftware Engineer,Lahore, Pakistanwww.heartofpakistan.com (U/C)--------------------------------Mark it as ANSWER if it Helps U ...

count the length of the text box on text changed event
 Hai       Me with C# asp.net. How can I count the length of the text box on text changed eventThanks in advanceAnu Palavila  Regards Anu Palavila protected void TextBox1_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { int length = TextBox1.Text.Length; } Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks! in the event add: Name...

Update textbox when text changes in another text box
I have three TextBoxes called numerator, denominator and percentage in a  GridView row and they are not not databound. I have code to manually update and remove the rows. When somebody makes changes to the numerator and denominator, i want the percentage to be calculated on the fly. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks for the help. As long as you can perform the calculation entirely client side, you can implement it with some JavaScript, not needing AJAX (as you won't be communicating with the server).To begin with, you need to create a JavaScript func...

Can't change the text in a text box?

Text boxes and multiline text boxes under Macintosh
Hi to all ! I'm actually using Rainbow to build a website for a shop, which will be an Apple Authorised Reseller. So the website must be visually perfect on Macintosh under Safari browser, at least. The problem I have is simple: for example, the SendThoughts module, where we have text boxes and one multiline text box, is strangely rendered. The width has changed everywhere, and the look is not usable, because the multiline text box will take a half screen (in width), and the other text boxes are MUCH wider. I tried a html form thru an iFrame, and html code in html module, but the pr...

Web resources about - changing the text on text box - mozilla.dev.extensions

Changing room - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A changing room , locker room , dressing room (usually in a sports, theater or staff context) or changeroom (regional use) is a room or area ...

Beyond Timeline: The Changing Face Of Facebook Ads
Despite the hype, timeline may not be the most exciting, or important change coming on March 30. Expanded advertising opportunities may unlock ...

Robert Scoble - Micromedia, how it's changing what we blog - Facebook
Jeremiah Owyang wrote an interesting piece about micromedia and how it's changing what we do on blogs and how we distribute media (er, ideas, ...

8 Ways the Changing Facebook Home Page Will Affect Application Virality
For developers who live and die by the changes Facebook makes to the way information flows through the service, every little Facebook tweak has ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing Jobs
... your profile is a clue to the folks at LinkedIn that you’re thinking of switching jobs, so don’t be The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...