Use of the feature keyword for Gaia or Gecko features in B2G Development

Hi Everyone,

In an effort to build a consistent query of features tracked in Gecko
and Gaia, let's plan on using the "feature" keyword to indicate that a
bug is tracking feature work. Product is planning on updating existing
user stories to use this keyword going forward. Additionally, if you are
in triage, then plan on using this keyword when you come across a
feature, whether that would be a Gaia or a Gecko feature.

This will help address some of the recent concerns brought up on
separate threads about needing a consistent way to find features in
Bugzilla related to B2G, whether that would be in the Gaia or Gecko layer.

--
Sincerely,
Jason Smith

Desktop QA Engineer
Mozilla Corporation
https://quality.mozilla.com

0
Jason
5/8/2013 3:08:22 PM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[signin][b2g] - B2G->dev merge
We have been discussing forceAuthentication, but there are other B2G features that must be merged into dev. So that JedP and I can prioritize, bisect, and tackle, can we get a list of features and any dependencies they have on other features? Off the top of my head I know of: * forceAuthentication * forceIssuer * allowUnverified * special TOS/PP handling - in B2G, TOS/PP links must be opened in an IFRAME instead of in a new tab. * A way of indicating experimental features Are there other new features that I am missing? We are actively discussing forceAuthentication, but t...

blocking-b2g / feature-b2g / status-b2g-v2.5 change for FxOS 2.5 in Bugzilla
--Apple-Mail=_A344D24D-898F-4783-9B3E-33CDD840A153 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Dear b2g friends, Just to inform you the following change has been applied to Bugzilla = since we have announced FxOS 2.5: 1. blocking-b2g and feature-b2g flags are renamed from 3.0?/+ to = 2.5?/+. 2. New tracking flag status-b2g-v2.5 is created. Sincerely, ------------------------------------------------------- Josh Cheng Engineering Project Manager, Firefox OS Mozilla Corporation =E2=9C=89 joshcheng@mozilla.com <mailto:joche...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

dev.b2g and dev.gaia redundancy?
I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately in the dev.b2g and dev.gaia newsgroups. Are the original motivations for having distinct groups still still applicable? Would things be easier for more people if we collapsed down to one group? Is that an awful idea? - A +1, half the emails are sent to both lists to take it further I am sitting alone in #fxos on irc On 4 December 2013 00:22, Asa Dotzler <asa@mozilla.com> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately > in the dev.b2g and dev....

[summary of dev.platform thread] Please consider implementing new B2G features in C++ instead of JS
Hi all. Not everyone on this newsgroup reads dev.platform, so I wanted to summarize a discussion we recently had there for this audience. Essentially, gecko in B2G uses a lot of memory for its JS components. About half of this is due to four workers (RIL, Net, WiFi * 2), and the rest is spread out among various bits of Gecko: BrowserElementParent.jsm, Webapps.js, and hundreds of other files. If we're going to continue targeting 256mb devices, where we have ~120mb available for all Gecko processes, I argued that we need to improve this situation. We also need to not make the...

using gaia from b2g
Firstly I tried running gaia on b2g but was not successful as b2g get installed but gaia did not run.Then I tried with firefox there are some problems but after making some changes in the command as follows DEBUG=1 make /path/to/firefoxnightly -profile /Volumes/Mozilla/b2g/B2G/gaia/profile-debug -no-remot changed command DEBUG=1 DESKTOP=0 make firefox -profile /home/madhuri/gaia/profile-debug it is opening a Firefox browser but I am not getting how gaia is running..so Am I successful in running gaia on firefox.. ...

useful features for developers.
Name: Aditya Email: adityadotshrivastavaatesfrsdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: useful features for developers. Comments: Hi, I am a developer working in a public sector in the UK. Our team is divided in two groups of those who prefer Firefox (I'm one of them), & those who like IE due to certain features. My request is that is it possible to make Firefox bit more competitive in giving flexibility to developers by including few (useful) features such as: support for - document.filesize; - JavaScript event (support by IE): * Print event / Print preview e...

Gaia repository modularization (was Re: [b2g] Move Gaia to the same repository as Gecko)
sounds like we put Xorg + GNOME + openoffice + a lot of apps into a huge repository in Linux. gecko is a platform and gaia is a mobile environment + core apps, I even want to split gaia to gaia-essential + apps in different repositores and then we can develop gaia app just like a normal web app. actually Greg and I are discussing this in sereral days and we try to figure our idea here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gO6NLhYHRmscJF14MezfP9BDZIVRJ6Mw_o1ZqWhvbf4/edit and we are doing some experiment to verify our idea. On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Dale Harvey <da...

can Gecko be used as Windows Manager in Linux CLI as it is used in B2G?
I was thinking of using building a desktop environment that was build using HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I have read about Firefox OS and i know that Gecko is used as a Windows Manager in it. So i want to use it to make DE for my desktop. Does this kind of project already exists ? I can use some clarification in it as i'm confused about how will gecko sit on top of the kernel and how will i program my DE(Desktop Environment). It will be really helpful if some link regarding the same is provided. ...

Can gecko be used as a Window Manger in Linux CLI as it is used in B2G?
I was thinking of using building a desktop environment that was build using HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I have read about Firefox OS and i know that Gecko is used as a Windows Manager in it. So i want to use it to make DE for my desktop. Does this kind of project already exists ? I can use some clarification in it as i'm confused about how will gecko sit on top of the kernel and how will i program my DE(Desktop Environment). It will be really helpful if some link regarding the same is provided. ...

[b2g] Reset Phone Feature
Hi all, I just noticed a feature called "Reset Phone" in our Device Settings spec [1] and was wondering if this has been discussed to be a V1 requirement. I think this function is quite basic for a smart phone. Does anyone know if we are going to have platform support for this feature? Thanks. [1] P.5 of Device Settings Spec http://people.mozilla.org/~lco/Settings_B2G/Release_1_Specs/R1_Device_v2.pdf [2] Github issue: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/issues/3964 DEVICE SETTINGS Device Information -> "Reset Phone" button -- Best regards, Rudy, Mo...

Security feature and other feature???
Hi, Cassini is really very simple to use, but does it support all features like IIS? Specially I mean security options, what about much more? Regards Krzysztof No, it's really a lightweight solution. IIS has far better support for things such as: - logging - IP restrictions - hostheaders & multiple sites - appdomains - FrontPage Extensions - Windows authentication, PassPort authentication, Digest authentication - compression with gzip/deflate - ISAPIs - much much much more So, you can use Cassini as a development and testing solution but certai...

Web resources about - Use of the feature keyword for Gaia or Gecko features in B2G Development - mozilla.dev.b2g