Updating Gaia on ZTE Open

Hello,

Just bought a ZTE Open from the UK Ebay site and I want to update to Gaia 1.1.

I have managed to root the device.

But I noticed that the `make reset-gaia` script ends up calling something like this:

    adb shell cd /data/local && find . -type f | xargs sha1sum

But there's no `find` command on the device.

So, my question is: do I have to upgrade B2G first?
0
Cristi
9/3/2013 11:58:46 PM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:58:46 AM UTC+2, Cristi Burca wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Just bought a ZTE Open from the UK Ebay site and I want to update to Gaia 1.1.
>

> I have managed to root the device.
>

> But I noticed that the `make reset-gaia` script ends up calling something like this:
>

>     adb shell cd /data/local && find . -type f | xargs sha1sum
>

> But there's no `find` command on the device.
>

> So, my question is: do I have to upgrade B2G first?

Gaia version is coupled with the Gecko version on the device, so you'll need to upgrade that one first.
0
Jan
--RQdavRmTxkxrHGPf33NJnLDEO80ocUPt4

Le 04/09/2013 01:58, Cristi Burca a =E9crit :
> Hello,
>
> Just bought a ZTE Open from the UK Ebay site and I want to update to Ga=
ia 1.1.

> I have managed to root the device.
>
> But I noticed that the `make reset-gaia` script ends up calling somethi=
ng like this:

>     adb shell cd /data/local && find . -type f | xargs sha1sum

I don't see where you see this in our Makefile. Can you tell us the
exact location please ?

FYI none of our devices have "find" so I doubt this is somewhere in our
build scripts :)

Moreover as Jan said you need to update gecko as well.

Please wait some days and ZTE should provide a tool to enable fastboot
on those phones, which would make it easy to flash a new version.

--=20
Julien

--RQdavRmTxkxrHGPf33NJnLDEO80ocUPt4

--RQdavRmTxkxrHGPf33NJnLDEO80ocUPt4--
0
Julien
9/4/2013 9:52:14 AM
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Julien Wajsberg <jwajsberg@mozilla.com>wrote:

> I don't see where you see this in our Makefile. Can you tell us the
> exact location please ?

It's not right in the Makefile; it's in the install-gaia.py script:

https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/build/install-gaia.py#L73

Please wait some days and ZTE should provide a tool to enable fastboot

on those phones, which would make it easy to flash a new version.

Interesting. Does ZTE have some dev-oriented mailing list or blog I could
follow?

--
http://scribu.net
0

Le 04/09/2013 12:03, scribu a =C3=A9crit :
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Julien Wajsberg
> <jwajsberg@mozilla.com <mailto:jwajsberg@mozilla.com>> wrote:
>
>     I don't see where you see this in our Makefile. Can you tell us the=

>     exact location please ?
>

> It's not right in the Makefile; it's in the install-gaia.py script:
>
> https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/build/install-gaia.py#L=
73

seems like we're using the install_slow_gaia function then ;) If I
understand correctly this code, it should always fallback to this
function if the install_fast_gaia does not work.

I don't know this so well though.

>     Please wait some days and ZTE should provide a tool to enable fastb=
oot

>     on those phones, which would make it easy to flash a new version.
>

> Interesting. Does ZTE have some dev-oriented mailing list or blog I
> could follow?

the link was just shared on the mailing list:
http://www.ztedevices.com/support/smart_phone/b5a2981a-1714-4ac7-89e1-630=
e93e220f8.html

--NafepNULO1873SNBji8AaSu0JTBQMDUOP

--NafepNULO1873SNBji8AaSu0JTBQMDUOP--
0
Julien

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

dev.b2g and dev.gaia redundancy?
I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately in the dev.b2g and dev.gaia newsgroups. Are the original motivations for having distinct groups still still applicable? Would things be easier for more people if we collapsed down to one group? Is that an awful idea? - A +1, half the emails are sent to both lists to take it further I am sitting alone in #fxos on irc On 4 December 2013 00:22, Asa Dotzler <asa@mozilla.com> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately > in the dev.b2g and dev....

Updating Zte Open
Hello, I am trying to update my phone to a custom version of firefox os that I have build, the process seems to fail at the very end during the flashing stage. Here is the output of the "./flash " command. Since the user-data and cache are erased I phone boots up to the "the first time use" screen. rog% sudo ./flash.sh [sudo] password for abhiram: < waiting for device > erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 0.531s] finished. total time: 0.531s erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [ 1.399s] finished. total time: 1.399s sending ...

mailman config changed; text/html should now show up in dev-gaia and dev-b2g and links should not be corrupted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040907020305070007060305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Assuming all has gone well, the mailman list-server software we use for dev-b2g and dev-gaia should no longer force multipart/alternative mail messages to use the first sub-part (which is likely to be text/plain). What this means is that if you use the gmail web UI to talk on the list and your hyperlinks have ended up messed up, that should stop happening. (This, by definition, is/was a bug in gmail'...

mailman config changed; text/html should now show up in dev-gaia and dev-b2g and links should not be corrupted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040907020305070007060305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Assuming all has gone well, the mailman list-server software we use for dev-b2g and dev-gaia should no longer force multipart/alternative mail messages to use the first sub-part (which is likely to be text/plain). What this means is that if you use the gmail web UI to talk on the list and your hyperlinks have ended up messed up, that should stop happening. (This, by definition, is/was a bug in gmail'...

Build B2G for ZTE Open
Hello, I have a ZTE Open on which I want to flash the latest B2G. On IRC I've been told that on some internal Wiki page it is mentioned to use 'ikura' as the device for ./config.sh if I want to build for ZTE Open, but when we looked to the source code of the config.sh we've noticed that 'ikura' is not part of the device list. Anybody have any idea how should I proceed forward ? PS: Sorry, I'm new to mailing lists, so if I've messed up something, I'm sorry. Best regards, Nick Le jeudi 1 ao=FBt 2013 11:04:09 UTC+2, Nicolae Surdu a =E9crit=A0: &...

Gaia development on ZTE Open?
Hi, now that ZTE Open is available again I was wondering if anybody here can tell me if I'll be able to push custom builds of b2g and GAIA to this phone. This page: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Firefox_OS_build_prerequisites#Have_a_compatible_device_or_use_an_emulator says to use "Inari" configuration when pushing to ZTE, but I'm not sure if that means I can flush the system on a ZTE Open I could buy from ebay. (it can be a tip for some unreleased testing devices, right?) regards, naugtur On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:32:...

ZTE OPEN update required
since the 1.1 and 1.2 have fragmentation issues comparing with 1.0 we need = urgently an update to at least 1.1 for the zte open, because of new API's a= nd security matters if we dont have any we will have problems with privileg= ed and certified apps done by some developers=0A ...

Firmware update for LATAM ZTE Open
Hi, First of all, I'm sorry if this has been already discussed but I haven't found any information on the subject. I own a ZTE Open phone, that I received during the last Summit in 1013. The phone comes shipped with the firmware OPEN_LATAM_FFOS_V1.1.0B01 I want to update the firmware of this phone. I know I have to compile the newer FFOS version myself because ZTE doesn't ship it for this phone, but this is not a problem. My problem is that, as many other, this phone has fastboot disabled (it doesn't even show up in adb devices) and I've read that I first have to i...

Link to help update the ZTE OPEN.
https://sites.google.com/site/zteopenfirmware/home On Monday, March 3, 2014 7:06:07 AM UTC+9, Everton Figueiredo wrote: > https://sites.google.com/site/zteopenfirmware/home Thank you!! My hard briked ZTE Open has been restored. On Monday, March 3, 2014 12:06:07 AM UTC+2, Everton Figueiredo wrote: > https://sites.google.com/site/zteopenfirmware/home Too bad this is a windows solution, I'm on linux and my phone is hard bricked :( ...

Updated firmware for ZTE Open C?
Hi, is there an easy way (that means not having to build it myself) to install an up-to-date firmware on the ZTE Open C? A few days ago I stumbled across http://paulrouget.com/e/openc/ which seems to suggest that you can just install Flame builds, but the builds linked from that page are now also a bit outdated - I guess this is because the Flame builds have moved to a KitKat base which isn't compatible with the ZTE Open C any more... Any ideas? Christof -- http://cmeerw.org sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org ...

Updating ZTE Open to 1.1
is there any way to update zte open to v1.1? On Saturday, July 27, 2013 8:54:11 AM UTC-7, jose llopis wrote: > is there any way to update zte open to v1.1? Here are the steps I took to create a new boot image for the ZTE Open which allows installing dev builds of FxOS: https://gist.github.com/joshuapurcell/6513333 Someone named edu at the following link was the first one I found to figure out the steps, and I made minor changes for the steps to work in my environment (Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit): http://pof.eslack.org/2013/07/05/zte-open-firefoxos-phone-root-and-first-impressions ...

Gaia repository used by ZTE Open
Hello, I just got an ZTE Open and I see that the Gaia version is from May 31st and I would like to update it. But just to be sure, I want to make sure I'll be able to revert to the version used on the device. Anybody has any idea where I can find the Gaia repository used on ZTE Open so that i can clone a copy of the version used on my phone ? The commit used on my device is displayed as being 1c43be, but it doesn't appear to be on the [official Gaia github](https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia) :( Thank you ! Didnt tried, but it's probably here: https://github.c...

Web resources about - Updating Gaia on ZTE Open - mozilla.dev.b2g

Wikipedia:Updating information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Facebook Updating Software Development Kit For Apple IOS 6 To Reflect Integration
With Facebook integration officially coming to Apple’s iOS 6 mobile operating system for its iPhone and iPad tablet, what new features are in ...

Updating how Cost per Click is Measured on Facebook
To help advertisers better understand how their ads perform, we're updating the definition of cost per click on Facebook. Learn what the change ...

Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know
Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to Include Page Updating
... who want to more easily update their Facebook Pages on the go: Facebook for iPhone 3.0 , which should be released soon, will include Page updating, ...

Updating trends on mobile
Trends are a great way to find out what people are talking about on Twitter at a given moment and at a single glance. Starting today, we’re making ...

Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store on iTunes
Get Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

BlackBerry Bold 9000 Updating #2 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore berrytokyo's photos on Flickr. berrytokyo has uploaded 126 photos to Flickr.

LOOT v0.7.0 for Mod Organizer: Updating and Installation - YouTube
A new version of LOOT (Load Order Optimisation Tool) has been released with some major upgrades. This video tutorial shows how to upgrade and ...

Updating Emma: Jane Austen's classic joins list of literary reworks
Jane Austen published six novels. Just six. She died before she completed the seventh.