Running XPCShell tests on B2G emulator

--20cf303ea6a6a736c4050482e46a

Hi,

what's the best way to run XPCShell tests on the B2G emulator?

In the past I managed to workaround the need of running these tests
locally. But now I really have no other choice and I am having a really
hard time trying to run them locally. I am following the guide at [1], but
I found several issues, like [2] not existing anymore for instance.

After struggling to install all the dependencies I think I managed to
trigger the XPCShell tests machinery with the following command:

runtestsb2g.py --adbpath=/ssd/dev/mozilla/B2G/out/host/darwin-x86/bin/adb
--b2gpath=/ssd/dev/mozilla/B2G --emulator=arm
--manifest=/ssd/dev/mozilla/objdirs/objdir-mozilla-inbound-emulator-kk/dist/test-stage/xpcshell/tests/xpcshell_b2g.ini
--use-device-libs --test-path=services/mobileid/tests/xpcshell

It seems that test-path is not working as it is currently pushing all the
tests to the emulator. I am waiting for almost one hour now and it is still
pushing stuff...

I'd like to know if there's an easier and quicker way to run a single
XPCShell tests on a B2G emulator.

Thanks,

/ Fernando

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Platform/Automated_testing/XPCShell#Running_xpcshell_tests_with_a_downloaded_emulator
[2] http://people.mozilla.org/~ahalberstadt/runxpcshell-requirements.txt

--20cf303ea6a6a736c4050482e46a

 the past I managed to workaround the need of running these tests=20
locally. But now I really have no other choice and I am having a really=20
hard time trying to run them locally. I am following the guide at [1],=20
but I found several issues, like [2] not existing anymore for instance.<br>=
 struggling to install all the dependencies I think I managed to trigger
 the XPCShell tests machinery with the following command:<br><br>runtestsb2=
g.py=20
--adbpath=3D/ssd/dev/mozilla/B2G/out/host/darwin-x86/bin/adb=20
--b2gpath=3D/ssd/dev/mozilla/B2G --emulator=3Darm=20
--manifest=3D/ssd/dev/mozilla/objdirs/objdir-mozilla-inbound-emulator-kk/di=
st/test-stage/xpcshell/tests/xpcshell_b2g.ini
 --use-device-libs --test-path=3Dservices/mobileid/tests/xpcshell<br><br></=
div>It
 seems that test-path is not working as it is currently pushing all the=20
tests to the emulator. I am waiting for almost one hour now and it is=20
easier and quicker way to run a single XPCShell tests on a B2G emulator.<br=
[1]
=20
d_testing/XPCShell#Running_xpcshell_tests_with_a_downloaded_emulator">https=
://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Platform/Automated_testing/XPCShe=
ll#Running_xpcshell_tests_with_a_downloaded_emulator</a><br>[2] <a href=3D"=
http://people.mozilla.org/~ahalberstadt/runxpcshell-requirements.txt">http:=
//people.mozilla.org/~ahalberstadt/runxpcshell-requirements.txt</a><br></di=

--20cf303ea6a6a736c4050482e46a--
0
UTF
10/3/2014 11:18:11 AM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

how to run the b2g emulator cppunit tests?
Hi friends! I'm currently working on a networking patch for b2g (bug 1008091), but when I send it on a try-run adventure I get cppunit test failures on the b2g emulator. So, I built my own emulator locally and I want to run the cppunit test to see for myself what happens and track down the problem with my patch. How do I run the cppunit tests like the try run do? My searches seem to fail me. -- / daniel.haxx.se On Tuesday, 28 October 2014 06:59:15 UTC-4, Daniel Stenberg wrote: > Hi friends! >=20 > I'm currently working on a networking patch for ...

mochitest-chrome tests now running on B2G emulators
A mochitest-chrome job is now running on B2G emulators, and appears in Treeherder as M(c). This job skips most existing chrome tests, since most of the existing tests are not compatible with B2G. But it provides a better alternative when writing mochitests that need chrome privileges than using SpecialPowers in mochitest-plain. If you want your new chrome mochitest to get run on B2G, just make sure it's written as an XHTML file and not a XUL one; see https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/mochitest/static/chrome.template.txt .. If you don't want your new chrome mochitest to run on B2G, just add "skip-if = buildapp == 'b2g'" to the relevant chrome.ini manifest. To run the tests locally, just add a --chrome argument to your runtestsb2g.py command-line, as documented here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Platform/Automated_testing/Mochitests#Running_the_tests_2 Regards, Jonathan ...

[signin][b2g] - B2G->dev merge
We have been discussing forceAuthentication, but there are other B2G features that must be merged into dev. So that JedP and I can prioritize, bisect, and tackle, can we get a list of features and any dependencies they have on other features? Off the top of my head I know of: * forceAuthentication * forceIssuer * allowUnverified * special TOS/PP handling - in B2G, TOS/PP links must be opened in an IFRAME instead of in a new tab. * A way of indicating experimental features Are there other new features that I am missing? We are actively discussing forceAuthentication, but t...

b2g-info now subsumes b2g-procrank and b2g-ps
Dear all, I just merged b2g-info, a tool which gives you information about b2g processes running on a device, into gonk-misc. You can get this new tool by running ./repo sync and then rebuilding with ./build.sh. b2g-info is meant to subsume b2g-procrank and b2g-ps. It (hopefully) outputs all of the useful information from b2g-ps, b2g-procrank, b2g-procrank --nice, and b2g-procrank --oom plus some additional data in a (hopefully) easier-to-digest format. b2g-info is also faster than b2g-procrank, which makes a difference if you're running b2g-info repeatedly from a script. ...

I got a problem when run B2G in emulator
Yestaday I succefully build B2G on my ubuntu 12.04 64 bit laptop. And It show the apperance of B2G correctly i emulator, I saw the various icon on screen. BUt today when I run ./run-emulator.sh today. the emulator screen is not show correctly, it's black. when I click the "HOME" button on the emulator, the emulator only show on status bar a battery icon and the time on the right-up corner. I don not know what's wrong. attach is the shell info when I start emulator. jack@jack-Vostro-1450:~/B2G$ sudo ./run-emulator.sh [sudo] password for jack: emulator: auto...

Running B2G tests on debug builds?
There have been some problems recently that could have been avoided if we'd been running automated tests for Firefox OS on debug builds, which we aren't currently doing on https://tbpl.mozilla.org/ . I think the important characteristic here that we need is that we need to test builds compiled with -DDEBUG. It doesn't matter if the builds are optimized or not (given that I'm under the impression that running non-optimized B2G is unacceptably slow) and I'd think we don't want debug symbols to be part of the binaries on the device (which is a characteristic of ...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

b2g-dialer-test repo name change to b2g-dialer-daemon
What started as a quick reverse engineering project for figuring out how the dialer works is now an actual project we'll be using as part of B2G. We'll need the utilities in the repo to be able to access the phone socket and have gecko actually dial. So, I've changed the github repo to: http://www.github.com/kmachulis-mozilla/b2g-dialer-daemon/ Please update your remotes accordingly. This hasn't actually been integrated into the main B2G repo yet, so this will probably only effect those actually working in the repo. ...

Running unit tests inside B2G Desktop
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 4880 and 3156) --uSdk6tGQLJFPbH9dPo6LNwEELu0L8ULPO Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey, as you may know, we can run the unit tests in B2G Desktop (instead of Firefox). This is what's done in TBPL, and this is one of the causes we get backed out sometimes (because there are some differences). We don't run on Travis right now, because they're not passing completely yet, and we don't want to take Travis' valuable time for something that does not pass, but now yo...

dev.b2g and dev.gaia redundancy?
I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately in the dev.b2g and dev.gaia newsgroups. Are the original motivations for having distinct groups still still applicable? Would things be easier for more people if we collapsed down to one group? Is that an awful idea? - A +1, half the emails are sent to both lists to take it further I am sitting alone in #fxos on irc On 4 December 2013 00:22, Asa Dotzler <asa@mozilla.com> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately > in the dev.b2g and dev....

B2G process repeatedly crashes when running a debug build on the emulator
[copy from bug 841467] On cedar and b2g18 we are running debug b2g builds on emulators. Sometime on Feb. 9th a check-in caused every job (on cedar) to turn perma-red with a logcat like: https://tbpl.mozilla.org/php/getParsedLog.php?id=19606312&tree=Cedar&full=1 It looks like the b2g process is constantly seg faulting and re-starting until the job gets killed. Of note might be the line: "F/MOZ_Assert( 871): Assertion failure: false (The number of items in sClassInfoData doesn't match the number of nsIDOMClassInfo ID's, this is bad! Fix it!), at /builds...

b2g emulator
I am running b2g on the linux desktop and was wondering how I can close apps or go backwards in the emulator without having to kill the instance? ...

How to run a single test of |make xpcshell-tests|
I have a couple of questions. 1. Can one run a single test of xpcshell-tests? 2. Can we extend the timeout value of invocation of each single test during |make xpcshell-tests|| |mach xpcshell-test| does not work for C-C TB (if I am not mistaken). I am trying to run the tests by forcing the execution of xpcshell under valgrind (by saving the original binary into xpcshell-bin and then creating a new |xpcshell| that executes |xpcshell-bin| under valgrind. Short timeout value causes every single test to fail due to timeout, and if valgrind finds an issue, I would like to rer...

blocking-b2g / feature-b2g / status-b2g-v2.5 change for FxOS 2.5 in Bugzilla
--Apple-Mail=_A344D24D-898F-4783-9B3E-33CDD840A153 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Dear b2g friends, Just to inform you the following change has been applied to Bugzilla = since we have announced FxOS 2.5: 1. blocking-b2g and feature-b2g flags are renamed from 3.0?/+ to = 2.5?/+. 2. New tracking flag status-b2g-v2.5 is created. Sincerely, ------------------------------------------------------- Josh Cheng Engineering Project Manager, Firefox OS Mozilla Corporation =E2=9C=89 joshcheng@mozilla.com <mailto:joche...

[b2g] 10-10-2012 Smoke Test Result
Hello All, Test were performed with: Gecko - c0ea072 Gaia - 2667536 Test results are here:http://bit.ly/TOuNzv 20 out of 26 tests passed for the 11-10-2012 build. Here are the major issues preventing the smoke tests from passing: *Bugs Breaking Smoke Tests [EXISTING] Bug 796290 - [CONTACTS] Add photo from contact details is rebooting the pone. New comment: Now it only happens when selecting the contact from Camera. Picking the picture from Gallery works fine [EXISTING][camera] not possible to record video from camera <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bu...

Differences between running gaia through b2g and running gaia through firefox
Hi, I have some difficulties during developing gaia. I see differences between running gaia through b2g and running gaia through firefox nightly and I do not know why it happens. What is the point? If I run gaia through b2g I can see many more functions than in similar situation throught firefox-nightly. Almost everything runs very well with b2g. Even icons of Apps are different. Of course if it is runned through firefox nightly I have debugger, developer tools and other things. For example if it is runned through firefox nightly I even can not click on search input on ...

White screen while running running b2g on Fedora 17
Steps i followed: 1. Downloaded the b2g nightly build and cloned the gaia repository. 2. Ran DEBUG=1 make to make the profile 3. Ran ./b2g -profile gaia/profile All i get is a white screen and no display. This is is the terminal output: /[root@MrDHat b2g]# ./b2g -profile gaia/profile// /Starting b2g-bin/ /Running: /home/MrDHat/opt/b2g/b2g-bin -profile /home/MrDHat/opt/b2g/gaia/profile/ /1357118870604 Marionette INFO MarionetteComponent loaded/ /1357118870604 Marionette INFO marionette enabled, loadearly: false/ /ATTENTION: defau...

Can we improve emulator testing? (Was: Running on-device tests in CI)
On Jun 3, 2014 2:25 PM, "Jonathan Griffin" <jgriffin@mozilla.com> wrote: > There have been a couple of threads related to test automation in B2G, asking why we haven't caught some especially egregious regressions; the kind that basically "break the phone". It's great to hear that we are making progress on on-device testing. Testing on device is always going to be needed and desired as ultimately, having FirefoxOS working on device is what matters to users. However I'm curious why emulator testing didn't catch these recent regressions? Did...

Can we improve emulator testing? (Was: Running on-device tests in CI)
On Jun 3, 2014 2:25 PM, "Jonathan Griffin" <jgriffin@mozilla.com> wrote: > There have been a couple of threads related to test automation in B2G, asking why we haven't caught some especially egregious regressions; the kind that basically "break the phone". It's great to hear that we are making progress on on-device testing. Testing on device is always going to be needed and desired as ultimately, having FirefoxOS working on device is what matters to users. However I'm curious why emulator testing didn't catch these recent regressions? Did...

How do we test (or, going to test) gecko/b2g/chrome/content/*.js ?
Hi, While working on DNT feature, I realized that our Gaia integration tests (Python and JS) can only assert the values of mozSettings database after the test programically select the setting ratio button in the Setting app. It is actually at [1] where we copy the value from mozSettings to Gecko pref(). While the code there are relatively small, I wonder if we could write any tests for them? Any pointer of documentation to write tests for this particular part of Gecko is greatly appreciated. Thanks. [1] http://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/b2g/chrome/content/settings.js#l434 -- Tim Guan-tin Chien, Engineering Manager and Front-end Lead, Firefox OS, Mozilla Corp. (Taiwan) This would also be valuable for the App Manager team. We'd like to be able to test how the DebuggerServer is started on B2G, as we currently see a lot of breakages there since there is no coverage of this code path. Is anything I can do to help make a case for including a test runner like this for B2G? Do we have any estimates of the level of effort involved to make it work? Browser chrome tests definitely seem like the most natural test suite for this type of testing. - Ryan On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:42:54 AM UTC-5, Tim Chien wrote: > > Thanks for the information. > > I highly recommend to prioritize this work. These are the two scripts > that sits in the critical launch path of the phone. If it breaks the > phone won't bo...

Not able to run b2g
Hello, i am not able to run b2g.. the steps i followed. ~ Updated /etc/hosts with 127.0.0.1 gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 homescreen.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 dialer.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 sms.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 browser.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 maps.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 camera.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 gallery.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 video.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 market.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 music.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 settings.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 clock.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 crystalskull.gaiamobile.org 127.0.0.1 penguinpop.gaiamobile.o...

Running b2g on android, because why not!
Galera, Conversando com a Luciana, sobre o que esta rolando em Vancouver essa semana, ela me falou sobre essa iniciativa para rodar o Gaia no Android [1]= .. Para muito legal e acho que seria um passo pra bem interessante pra poder instalar "mais facilmente" o FxOS em devices Android. Vai que isso tb possa ser utilizado tb nas TVs que ainda n=C3=A3o rodam o F= xOS ;) Queria saber o que vcs acham :) [1] - https://github.com/fabricedesre/b2gdroid [ ]'s - Clauber Stipkovic ...

B2G Automation tests
--089e010d80686e1391051463020f Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 All this talk of inbound bustage, reminded me of a problem I had a few weeks ago. I landed a change that was OK on try and inbound, but had actually introduced a serious bug for NUWA processes (sorry!). Over 24 hours later the problem was found by a B2G test run. I am not sure if this is purely automated or involves some manual steps. Fortunately, I had already fixed the problem in a follow-up patch, as that particular bit of the code had caused a different issue, which was reported by email as part of the i...

Web resources about - Running XPCShell tests on B2G emulator - mozilla.dev.b2g

Videos - Code Firefox
Videos Cheatsheet About Available Unavailable Videos Getting ready for development Setting up a Windows Firefox build environment Setting up ...

mitcho > blog
One of the last bugs for Firefox Panorama was bug 625818: “Check Panorama mochitest test suite coverage” . Our automated tests ensure that we ...

Mihnea DB
... About Archive What I Love about Mozilla Vim cheatsheet Internship Is Over Parallelizing a test harness Better Tools, Better Products Run XPCShell ...

From the Forums: Official Neowin photography competition!
Enjoy photography? Enjoy contests? Enjoy winning? Then take a look at Neowin's official monthly photography contest to try and win or just see ...

Let me show you Mozilla like it really is
I’m only a few days away from starting to teach a week-long crash course on Mozilla development (I’ll fill-out the page as I go). This is going ...

glandium.org
It’s been a frustration for a long time: oftentimes, you need to dig the log of the build or test run you just did, but didn’t redirect it. When ...

Mozilla Firefox Release Notes
You are viewing information archived from Mozilla.org on 2014-02-12. skip to Navigation switch language Mozilla Firefox mozilla Desktop Features ...

CHIRIMEN - Mozilla - MDN
Currently you cannot purchase this board, it is still under development. The price is targeting less than USD50.

Networking - MozillaWiki
Networking From MozillaWiki Jump to: navigation , search Contents 1 Code Review Policy 2 Dashboard 3 Priorities 4 Tools 5 Documents 5.1 Mozilla ...

windows mobile » Brad's blog
A recent series of regressions for Windows Mobile (and Windows CE presumably) really drove home the need for consistent, automated testing to ...