Reverse tethering in Firefox OS?

--nextPart1514260.CM6GhdBCrB

I was wondering whether it would be possible to
perform reverse tethering on Firefox OS. I tried the
instructions here[1], and they didn't seem to work.

Would anyone like to give it a try and report back?

--------
[1] http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2287494

--nextPart1514260.CM6GhdBCrB

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
--nextPart1514260.CM6GhdBCrB--

1
Chan
9/11/2015 5:10:36 AM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

How can I reverse tethering on firefox os
I need to reverse tethering on firefox os. I want to share windows or linux network to firefox os. But I don't known how to do. Can not reverse tethering on firefox os, I think the linux kernel does not support the function because I did not founc f_cdc_ethernet. But I think it can support windows. And how to do? My device is galaxy s2 i9100 ...

How to use Firefox Browser plugins in Firefox OS (b2g)
I have a HTML/CSS/JS application. For that application to work, we also ha= ve a browser npapi plugin ".so" file that is installed in plugins dir of fi= refox. This works on firefox browser on Linux. Now I want my application to= run on Firefox OS (B2G). How do I port that ".so" plugin to firefox OS?. What I have done is, I have built B2G and flashed it on my test device. I h= ave built my application plugin for android platform by using gecko sdk and= firefox OS source. I have pushed my .so file in FFOS phone in /system/lib = as well as /system/b2g (the folders...

B2G Firefox OS
Hello, Is there a beta version of the B2G environment, or any emulator kind of env= ironment where we can test our application for Firefox OS for mobile platfo= rm. Else how to build/test the applications mobiles based on Firefox OS. Thanks and Regards Suren Duhan ________________________________ Fiberlink Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended only for the = person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/= or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other = use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, th...

B2G / Firefox OS Vision

Flash your Firefox OS tablet with firefox os 2.1
--047d7bb70c0013f17904fe2b2b89 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hi Friends I have recently flashed my Tablet with OS 2.1 and I have seen that many of my friends are facing problem in flashing there devices. So I have written a blog post to flash your devices please have a look on it and let me know if you are facing any issue. Here is the link to blog post : http://openmoz.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/flash-firefox-os-2-1-into-your-tablet/ *Major problem*: I have tried using windows and its has successfully booted into fastboot mode, but what to do next as .bat files are not...

Flash your Firefox OS tablet with firefox os 2.1
Hi Friends I have recently flashed my Tablet with OS 2.1 and I have seen that many of my friends are facing problem in flashing there devices. So I have written a blog post to flash your devices please have a look on it and let me know if you are facing any issue. Here is the link to blog post : http://openmoz.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/flash-firefox-os-2-1-into-your-tablet/ *Major problem*: I have tried using windows and its has successfully booted into fastboot mode, but what to do next as .bat files are not working? *Answer* : I will suggest you to to further step using linux, ...

Flash your Firefox OS tablet with firefox os 2.1
--001a11c3bb147969f604fe2a10f0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hi Friends I have recently flashed my Tablet with OS 2.1 and I have seen that many of my friends are facing problem in flashing there devices. So I have written a blog post to flash your devices please have a look on it and let me know if you are facing any issue. Here is the link to blog post : http://openmoz.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/flash-firefox-os-2-1-into-your-tablet/ *Major problem*: I have tried using windows and its has successfully booted into fastboot mode, but what to do next as .bat files are not...

issue about Firefox OS API and Firefox OS email client
Hi all, I try to create simple application for Firefox OS: this application will check my email-server for new emails and will vibrate if some new emails were found in inbox. I search the simplest way to make this app with Firefox OS API, but, looks like it is not easy and it will be hard to make the custom application, which should connect to 'black-box' server on the specific port and send custom messages (do we have standard API for this, which we can use now?) Also, I review code of standard Firefox OS email client and as I can see in https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/ga...

Firefox OS B2G/nexus7
Hello!=20 I think is possible to installer Firefox OS on a tablet Nexus 7.=20 I have been trying to flash a nexus 7, but I always have an error in this s= tep ./build.sh (build failed appear all the time) because I have no archive= called it IAppOpsService.h So I downloaded this .h and put inside the fold= er ordered, but Im still having the same error, and also I have usual this = error make: *** [out/target/product/grouper/obj/EXECUTABLES/fakesched_inter= mediates/fakesched.o] Error 1.=20 or =20 Install: out/target/product/grouper/system/lib/libcrypto.so Install: out/host/lin...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

[b2g] Firefox OS(Persian) has finished!
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/gaia-l10n/language/fa/ [b2g] Firefox OS(Persian) has finished! ...

Partially self-built Firefox OS (was: Re: Supported locales in Firefox OS and OEMs)
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org> wrote: > I _hope_ (as in, it fits with our principles, I think it was the case, > but I am not closely involved) that one thing we do require is for the > phones to be unlockable. So people can, at least theoretically, install > other builds of Firefox OS, including versions with different locales, > after they have purchased the phone. Of course, this would require > CyanogenMod-like engineering because the phones will have proprietary > drivers in them. Having to install a new native code...

I want to have a firefox os dev preview to test
I want to have a firefox os dev preview to test and how I had to have it . ...

Web resources about - Reverse tethering in Firefox OS? - mozilla.dev.b2g

Tethering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tethering refers to connecting one device to another. In the context of mobile phones or Internet tablets , tethering allows sharing the Internet ...

Poor Mans Tethering on the App Store on iTunes
Get Poor Mans Tethering on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

iPhone 3.0 Tethering - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
iPhone tethering appears as a network location. You don't have to do any settings just plug your iPhone to your computer and start using.

QUOTE: But tethering the Yahoos to their stalls…
But tethering the Yahoos to their stalls in the company’s offices does not seem like the right way to go about boosting their output. Plenty ...

Another developer sneaks unlimited, free tethering into App Store app
Since the App Store’s launch, a few developers have tried creative tactics to enable free and unlimited tethering for iPhone users. Most of these ...

Android Central 151: Tethering the Drama Llama
Phil, Jerry, Andrew and Alex talk up a week's worth of news, including the Nexus 7 controversy, CyanogenMod's rebirth as a real live corporation, ...

PSA: AT&T GALAXY S 4 WiFi tethering bug fixes step-by-step
As the Samsung GALAXY S 4 roll-out continues, it is looking like the users are beginning to find some issues. Some of these will most likely ...

USB & WiFi Tethering Built Into Android 2.2
As we head into next week's Google I/O, Android 2.2 is looking more and more like a game changing release. First there's Flash integration . ...

AT&T's Nexus 6 Is SIM-Locked, Checks Mobile Hotspot Subscription Status For Tethering, And Has The Carrier's ...
After last night's news that the AT&T-sold Nexus 6 has the carrier's logo on the back of the device as well as the boot screen, you just knew ...

Get It While You Can: This Colorful New App Has A Hidden Tethering Feature
Are your tethering abilities still locked down by a carrier? Well, there’s a new app that will to free your iPhone’s Internet connection and ...