Mach target for B2G desktop mochitests

If you have a B2G desktop build, you can now run ./mach
mochitest-b2g-desktop (./mach help mochitest-b2g-desktop for more options).

If your environment isn't set up properly, the command should guide you
through the steps needed with helpful error messages. But for posterity,
you need to:

* pass in --profile or set GAIA_PROFILE to a non-debug gaia profile
* have a marionette enabled build (ENABLE_MARIONETTE=1 in your mozconfig)

-Andrew
0
Andrew
9/20/2013 1:15:04 PM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

|mach mochitest-remote| and |mach mochitest-b2g-desktop| replaced by |mach mochitest-plain|
Bug 1046992 (just landed on inbound) removes the `mochitest-remote` and `mochitest-b2g-desktop` mach commands. Instead, simply run |mach mochitest-plain| like you would on desktop. The `mochitest-plain` command will detect what platform you have built and do the right thing. In the near future, I'll also be removing all of the suite specific (e.g |mach mochitest-chrome|) commands. The |mach mochitest| command will be the single entry point into the harness, no matter what flavor or platform you are using. On a related note, |mach mochitest-chrome| is also now available...

B2G mochitests now use mochitest.ini manifests instead of b2g.json
For awhile now we've been using these hacky JSON based manifests to enable and disable mochitests on B2G. Now, thanks to the work of an awesome contributor (vaibhav1994), all the B2G mochitests are using the mochitest.ini format. This allows us to annotate tests with metadata, like whether the test should be skipped or not. What does this mean for you? If you are enabling/disabling, or adding a new mochitest, you now need to edit the 'mochitest.ini' file which lives in the same directory as your test file. For example, if I want to disable dom/media/tests/mochit...

[signin][b2g] - B2G->dev merge
We have been discussing forceAuthentication, but there are other B2G features that must be merged into dev. So that JedP and I can prioritize, bisect, and tackle, can we get a list of features and any dependencies they have on other features? Off the top of my head I know of: * forceAuthentication * forceIssuer * allowUnverified * special TOS/PP handling - in B2G, TOS/PP links must be opened in an IFRAME instead of in a new tab. * A way of indicating experimental features Are there other new features that I am missing? We are actively discussing forceAuthentication, but t...

b2g-info now subsumes b2g-procrank and b2g-ps
Dear all, I just merged b2g-info, a tool which gives you information about b2g processes running on a device, into gonk-misc. You can get this new tool by running ./repo sync and then rebuilding with ./build.sh. b2g-info is meant to subsume b2g-procrank and b2g-ps. It (hopefully) outputs all of the useful information from b2g-ps, b2g-procrank, b2g-procrank --nice, and b2g-procrank --oom plus some additional data in a (hopefully) easier-to-digest format. b2g-info is also faster than b2g-procrank, which makes a difference if you're running b2g-info repeatedly from a script. ...

running mochitests on B2G desktop builds
It's now possible to run mochitests on B2G desktop builds. Instructions are at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/B2G_Mochitests. If you run into any problems, please ping jgriffin on #ateam, or file bugs under Testing:Mochitest. Jonathan ...

running mochitests in B2G desktop build
Hi all, i followed the directions at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Using_the_B2G_desktop_client and https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Platform/Testing/Mochitests to run a mochitest in the B2G desktop build (on linux) for something i'm trying to land that's having issues on B2G. i'm hitting this error : JavaScript error: http://mochi.test:8888/tests/content/base/test/test_CSP_inlinestyle.html?autorun=1&closeWhenDone=1&logFile=%2Fhome%2Fimelven%2Fsrc%2Fmozilla-central%2Fobjdir-dbg%2F_tests%2Ftesting%2Fmochites...

B2G desktop mochitests now running
Just an fyi, b2g desktop mochitests are now running on all mozilla-central based branches (this does not include mozilla-b2g26, though if this is desired, I can look into it). They are running the same set of mochitests as the b2g emulators, minus a few that had b2g desktop specific issues (see bug 931116 for a list of which ones). Please file test issues as blocking bugs to bug 931116. The biggest outstanding issue is the inability to run a single test via mach (see bug 927889 for more details or if you'd like to help investigate). Thanks, Andrew ...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Triaging b2g desktop mochitest failures (needinfo)
I'm trying to get mochitests stood up on b2g desktop builds. They are currently running on cedar [1] but there are some problems preventing me from rolling them out to the other trees. I might just need someone to tell me the tests should be disabled on b2g desktop. a. Bug 929090 [2] - uncaught exception when calling window.open b. Bug 927889 [3] - can't run a single mochitest file on its own c. Bug 916127 [4] - tracking bug with some other minor issues I'm likely going to run into other problems once this is done, so if you are interested in seeing b2g desktop moch...

Is there *anyone* in Oslo who can run mochitests on b2g desktop??
If so, please talk to me, I can't get this to work. On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:42:23 PM UTC+2, Jan Jongboom wrote: > If so, please talk to me, I can't get this to work. (_virtualenv)52:mochitest janjongboom$ source ../../../_virtualenv/bin/acti= vate && python runtestsb2g.py --desktop --console-level INFO --profile ~/re= pos/gaia/profile --test-path ./obj-b2g/_tests/testing/mochitest/tests/dom/p= ermission/tests/test_keyboard.html --app ../../../dist/B2G.app/Contents/Ma= cOS/b2g INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/mozilla-central-= ...

Getting mochitests to work against b2g-desktop on OSX. Need help (!!)
I can't get this shit to work, and already spent four hours on it. I have a working b2g-desktop build. $OBJDIR/dist/B2G.app/Contents/MacOS/b2g -profile $GAIADIR/profile-debug Now I want to run mochitests so I follow all the instructions on https://de= veloper.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Platform/Automated_testin= g/Mochitests?redirectlocale=3Den-US&redirectslug=3DMozilla%2FFirefox_OS%2FP= latform%2FTesting%2FMochitests $ cd $OBJDIR/_tests/testing/mochitest $ python runtestsb2g.py --desktop --console-level INFO --profile $GAIADIR/p= rofile-debug Traceback...

dev.b2g and dev.gaia redundancy?
I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately in the dev.b2g and dev.gaia newsgroups. Are the original motivations for having distinct groups still still applicable? Would things be easier for more people if we collapsed down to one group? Is that an awful idea? - A +1, half the emails are sent to both lists to take it further I am sitting alone in #fxos on irc On 4 December 2013 00:22, Asa Dotzler <asa@mozilla.com> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately > in the dev.b2g and dev....

blocking-b2g / feature-b2g / status-b2g-v2.5 change for FxOS 2.5 in Bugzilla
--Apple-Mail=_A344D24D-898F-4783-9B3E-33CDD840A153 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Dear b2g friends, Just to inform you the following change has been applied to Bugzilla = since we have announced FxOS 2.5: 1. blocking-b2g and feature-b2g flags are renamed from 3.0?/+ to = 2.5?/+. 2. New tracking flag status-b2g-v2.5 is created. Sincerely, ------------------------------------------------------- Josh Cheng Engineering Project Manager, Firefox OS Mozilla Corporation =E2=9C=89 joshcheng@mozilla.com <mailto:joche...

Web resources about - Mach target for B2G desktop mochitests - mozilla.dev.b2g

Autophone Status Update 2013-07-20 »
... (Android 4.0.4/Mali-400 MP) , samsung-gs3-2 (Android 4.0.4/Mali-400 MP) and atrix-1 (Android 4.0.4/Adreno 225)> are all green with the Mochitest-Canvas ...

Videos - Code Firefox
Videos Cheatsheet About Available Unavailable Videos Getting ready for development Setting up a Windows Firefox build environment Setting up ...

mitcho > blog
One of the last bugs for Firefox Panorama was bug 625818: “Check Panorama mochitest test suite coverage” . Our automated tests ensure that we ...

Mozilla Firefox 4 Beta 11 Fixes
You are viewing information archived from Mozilla.org on 2014-02-12. skip to Navigation switch language Mozilla Firefox mozilla Desktop Features ...

b2g - Dknite's Lair
Posts about b2g written by dknite

In-content preferences are now available in Firefox Nightly
Starting today, users can access in-content preferences in Firefox Nightly. First, a big congratulations to Zuhao (Joe) Chen, Jon Rietveld, Owen ...

Archive
ZPAO is Paul O’Shannessy About + Contact Archive Archive 2013-11-12 Do We Need Node? 2013-10-03 This is some good SHIT 2013-05-10 Adding Line ...

← Last week in the “Accessible” module, March 16, 2009
As the accessibility team was at the 2009 CSUN Center on Persons with Disabilities conference last week, not much happened on the forefront that ...

That’s what I’m talking about
Bread and Circuits Philosophy for the programming set, served on home made bread Skip to content About – David Humphrey Reading Open Data « Taking ...

Bug List
Bugzilla@Mozilla – Home - New - Browse - Search - [ help ] - Reports - Requests - Product Dashboard - Help - New Account - Log In or Remember ...