Is there *anyone* in Oslo who can run mochitests on b2g desktop??

If so, please talk to me, I can't get this to work.
0
Jan
9/10/2013 5:42:23 PM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:42:23 PM UTC+2, Jan Jongboom wrote:
> If so, please talk to me, I can't get this to work.

(_virtualenv)52:mochitest janjongboom$ source ../../../_virtualenv/bin/acti=
vate && python runtestsb2g.py --desktop --console-level INFO --profile ~/re=
pos/gaia/profile --test-path ./obj-b2g/_tests/testing/mochitest/tests/dom/p=
ermission/tests/test_keyboard.html  --app ../../../dist/B2G.app/Contents/Ma=
cOS/b2g

INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/mozilla-central-=
b2g/obj-b2g/dist/bin/ssltunnel /var/folders/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_j60t67g_5th0000=
gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/ssltunnel.cfg
INFO | automation.py | SSL tunnel pid: 74298
INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/mozilla-central-=
b2g/obj-b2g/dist/B2G.app/Contents/MacOS/b2g -foreground -profile /var/folde=
rs/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_j60t67g_5th0000gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/
INFO | automation.py | Application pid: 74299
failed to bind socket
Shutting down...
1378835175751	Marionette	INFO	MarionetteComponent loaded
0
Jan
9/10/2013 5:46:50 PM
If you figure this out, can you post back here?
0
Dietrich
9/10/2013 7:57:10 PM
Yes, I can.  :)  What problems are you having?

Jonathan

On 9/10/13 9:57 PM, Dietrich Ayala wrote:
> If you figure this out, can you post back here?

Jonathan
9/11/2013 6:27:06 AM
Late response but...

On 10/09/2013 19:46, Jan Jongboom wrote:
> (_virtualenv)52:mochitest janjongboom$ source ../../../_virtualenv/bin/activate && python runtestsb2g.py --desktop --console-level INFO --profile ~/repos/gaia/profile --test-path ./obj-b2g/_tests/testing/mochitest/tests/dom/permission/tests/test_keyboard.html  --app ../../../dist/B2G.app/Contents/MacOS/b2g
>
> INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/mozilla-central-b2g/obj-b2g/dist/bin/ssltunnel /var/folders/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_j60t67g_5th0000gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/ssltunnel.cfg
> INFO | automation.py | SSL tunnel pid: 74298
> INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/mozilla-central-b2g/obj-b2g/dist/B2G.app/Contents/MacOS/b2g -foreground -profile /var/folders/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_j60t67g_5th0000gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/
> INFO | automation.py | Application pid: 74299
> failed to bind socket

did you guys get around fixing this? The last time I hit this problem it
happened on a network where the DNS would return a search page instead
of an error when a non-existing domain was provided. The code creating
the server would try to look up its own address before binding the
socket and would get the webpage address instead of an error at a
certain stage. Later it would try to bind a listening socket to this
address causing the error above. If you haven't fixed the problem
already I'll open a bug and fix it because it's fairly straightforward.

  Gabriele
0
Gabriele
9/16/2013 7:19:08 PM
We did resolve this.  It turns out a copy of ssltunnel from an earlier
(failed) invocation was still running, so the (new) copy of ssltunnel
couldn't bind to its port.  There were some other issues we had to sort
out as well, but eventually we got them going.

Jonathan

On 9/16/2013 12:19 PM, Gabriele Svelto wrote:
> Late response but...
>
> On 10/09/2013 19:46, Jan Jongboom wrote:
>> (_virtualenv)52:mochitest janjongboom$ source
>> ../../../_virtualenv/bin/activate && python runtestsb2g.py --desktop
>> --console-level INFO --profile ~/repos/gaia/profile --test-path
>> ./obj-b2g/_tests/testing/mochitest/tests/dom/permission/tests/test_keyboard.html
>> --app ../../../dist/B2G.app/Contents/MacOS/b2g
>>
>> INFO | automation.py | Launching:
>> /Users/janjongboom/repos/mozilla-central-b2g/obj-b2g/dist/bin/ssltunnel
>> /var/folders/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_j60t67g_5th0000gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/ssltunnel.cfg
>> INFO | automation.py | SSL tunnel pid: 74298
>> INFO | automation.py | Launching:
>> /Users/janjongboom/repos/mozilla-central-b2g/obj-b2g/dist/B2G.app/Contents/MacOS/b2g
>> -foreground -profile
>> /var/folders/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_j60t67g_5th0000gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/
>> INFO | automation.py | Application pid: 74299
>> failed to bind socket
>
> did you guys get around fixing this? The last time I hit this problem
> it happened on a network where the DNS would return a search page
> instead of an error when a non-existing domain was provided. The code
> creating the server would try to look up its own address before
> binding the socket and would get the webpage address instead of an
> error at a certain stage. Later it would try to bind a listening
> socket to this address causing the error above. If you haven't fixed
> the problem already I'll open a bug and fix it because it's fairly
> straightforward.
>
>  Gabriele

Jonathan
9/16/2013 7:29:34 PM
On 16/09/2013 21:29, Jonathan Griffin wrote:
> We did resolve this.  It turns out a copy of ssltunnel from an earlier
> (failed) invocation was still running, so the (new) copy of ssltunnel
> couldn't bind to its port.  There were some other issues we had to sort
> out as well, but eventually we got them going.

I see, it was a different problem then, thanks :)

  Gabriele

0
Gabriele

Yeah in the end it was a combination of stuff but mainly a wrong mozconfig
file.

2013/9/16 Gabriele Svelto <gsvelto@mozilla.com>

> Late response but...
>

> On 10/09/2013 19:46, Jan Jongboom wrote:
>
>> (_virtualenv)52:mochitest janjongboom$ source ../../../_virtualenv/bin/**activate
>> && python runtestsb2g.py --desktop --console-level INFO --profile
>> ~/repos/gaia/profile --test-path ./obj-b2g/_tests/testing/**
>> mochitest/tests/dom/**permission/tests/test_**keyboard.html  --app
>> ../../../dist/B2G.app/**Contents/MacOS/b2g
>>
>> INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/**
>> mozilla-central-b2g/obj-b2g/**dist/bin/ssltunnel
>> /var/folders/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_**j60t67g_5th0000gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/**
>> ssltunnel.cfg
>> INFO | automation.py | SSL tunnel pid: 74298
>> INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/**
>> mozilla-central-b2g/obj-b2g/**dist/B2G.app/Contents/MacOS/**b2g
>> -foreground -profile /var/folders/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_**
>> j60t67g_5th0000gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/
>> INFO | automation.py | Application pid: 74299
>> failed to bind socket
>>

> did you guys get around fixing this? The last time I hit this problem it
> happened on a network where the DNS would return a search page instead of
> an error when a non-existing domain was provided. The code creating the
> server would try to look up its own address before binding the socket and
> would get the webpage address instead of an error at a certain stage. Later
> it would try to bind a listening socket to this address causing the error
> above. If you haven't fixed the problem already I'll open a bug and fix it
> because it's fairly straightforward.
>
>  Gabriele

0
Jan
9/16/2013 9:11:02 PM
It doesn't seem like a rare thing to have trouble getting B2G desktop
up-and-running. And the build time messages often aren't helping.

I'd love to hear ideas for how to make the system less fragile.

/ Jonas

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Jan Jongboom <janjongboom@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yeah in the end it was a combination of stuff but mainly a wrong mozconfig
> file.
>

> 2013/9/16 Gabriele Svelto <gsvelto@mozilla.com>
>
>> Late response but...
>>

>> On 10/09/2013 19:46, Jan Jongboom wrote:
>>
>>> (_virtualenv)52:mochitest janjongboom$ source ../../../_virtualenv/bin/**activate
>>> && python runtestsb2g.py --desktop --console-level INFO --profile
>>> ~/repos/gaia/profile --test-path ./obj-b2g/_tests/testing/**
>>> mochitest/tests/dom/**permission/tests/test_**keyboard.html  --app
>>> ../../../dist/B2G.app/**Contents/MacOS/b2g
>>>
>>> INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/**
>>> mozilla-central-b2g/obj-b2g/**dist/bin/ssltunnel
>>> /var/folders/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_**j60t67g_5th0000gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/**
>>> ssltunnel.cfg
>>> INFO | automation.py | SSL tunnel pid: 74298
>>> INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/**
>>> mozilla-central-b2g/obj-b2g/**dist/B2G.app/Contents/MacOS/**b2g
>>> -foreground -profile /var/folders/t8/pz9nttjd4yq8_**
>>> j60t67g_5th0000gn/T/tmpp0M4Ho/
>>> INFO | automation.py | Application pid: 74299
>>> failed to bind socket
>>>

>> did you guys get around fixing this? The last time I hit this problem it
>> happened on a network where the DNS would return a search page instead of
>> an error when a non-existing domain was provided. The code creating the
>> server would try to look up its own address before binding the socket and
>> would get the webpage address instead of an error at a certain stage. Later
>> it would try to bind a listening socket to this address causing the error
>> above. If you haven't fixed the problem already I'll open a bug and fix it
>> because it's fairly straightforward.
>>
>>  Gabriele

Jonas
9/17/2013 3:02:03 AM
On 09/16/2013 08:02 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> It doesn't seem like a rare thing to have trouble getting B2G desktop
> up-and-running. And the build time messages often aren't helping.

I don't think that getting b2g desktop to build and run has ever been
hard. It's basically a gecko configured with --enable-application=b2g
and running with -profile $GAIA/profile. What has always been harder is
to run tests...

	Fabrice
--
Fabrice Desr�
b2g team

Running them on the emulator better match the devices behavior but make it
hard to run as you need a b2g emulator build.

2013/9/17 Fabrice Desre <fabrice@mozilla.com>

> On 09/16/2013 08:02 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> > It doesn't seem like a rare thing to have trouble getting B2G desktop
> > up-and-running. And the build time messages often aren't helping.
>
> I don't think that getting b2g desktop to build and run has ever been
> hard. It's basically a gecko configured with --enable-application=3Db2g
> and running with -profile $GAIA/profile. What has always been harder is
> to run tests...
>
>         Fabrice
> --
> Fabrice Desr=E9
> b2g team
> Mozilla Corporation

Alexandre
9/17/2013 2:56:29 PM
We're currently running the tests on TBPL on emulators, but we decided
at Oslo to start running them (as well as many other tests) on b2g
desktop builds as well, since it's important to prevent that platform
from breaking.  So, we will be turning mochitests on for b2g desktop
builds in the near future, and will keep running them on emulator as well.

> I don't think that getting b2g desktop to build and run has ever been
> hard. It's basically a gecko configured with --enable-application=b2g
> and running with -profile $GAIA/profile. What has always been harder is
> to run tests...

I think the hard part is whatever you have the least experience with.
We're going to add a mach target for mochitests on b2g desktop builds
(as we've recently added for the emulator) which should help things
considerably.

Jonathan

On 9/17/2013 7:56 AM, Alexandre poirot wrote:
> He we are talking about mochitest on B2G desktop, but are we really running
> them on b2g desktop?
> Last time I looked at mochitest for b2g, the only way was to run them on
> the emulator.
>
> Running them on the emulator better match the devices behavior but make it
> hard to run as you need a b2g emulator build.
>

> 2013/9/17 Fabrice Desre <fabrice@mozilla.com>
>
>> On 09/16/2013 08:02 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>> It doesn't seem like a rare thing to have trouble getting B2G desktop
>>> up-and-running. And the build time messages often aren't helping.
>> I don't think that getting b2g desktop to build and run has ever been
>> hard. It's basically a gecko configured with --enable-application=b2g
>> and running with -profile $GAIA/profile. What has always been harder is
>> to run tests...
>>
>>          Fabrice
>> --
>> Fabrice Desr�
>> b2g team
>> Mozilla Corporation

Jonathan
9/17/2013 4:35:22 PM
Oh I'm so happy to hear we will run tests on b2g desktop, as of today I
fixed two bugs that prevent it from starting gaia...

+1 on mach target, that's a really good way to help developers who don't
know about these tests/platform to run and fix them!

2013/9/17 Jonathan Griffin <jgriffin@mozilla.com>

> We're currently running the tests on TBPL on emulators, but we decided at
> Oslo to start running them (as well as many other tests) on b2g desktop
> builds as well, since it's important to prevent that platform from
> breaking.  So, we will be turning mochitests on for b2g desktop builds in
> the near future, and will keep running them on emulator as well.
>

>  I don't think that getting b2g desktop to build and run has ever been
>> hard. It's basically a gecko configured with --enable-application=3Db2g
>> and running with -profile $GAIA/profile. What has always been harder is
>> to run tests...
>>

> I think the hard part is whatever you have the least experience with.
>  We're going to add a mach target for mochitests on b2g desktop builds (a=
> we've recently added for the emulator) which should help things
> considerably.
>
> Jonathan
>

> On 9/17/2013 7:56 AM, Alexandre poirot wrote:
>
>> He we are talking about mochitest on B2G desktop, but are we really
>> running
>> them on b2g desktop?
>> Last time I looked at mochitest for b2g, the only way was to run them on
>> the emulator.
>>
>> Running them on the emulator better match the devices behavior but make =
it
>> hard to run as you need a b2g emulator build.

>>> I don't think that getting b2g desktop to build and run has ever been
>>> hard. It's basically a gecko configured with --enable-application=3Db2g
>>> and running with -profile $GAIA/profile. What has always been harder is
>>> to run tests...
>>>
>>>          Fabrice
>>> --
>>> Fabrice Desr=E9
>>> b2g team
>>> Mozilla Corporation
stinfo/dev-b2g>

0
Alexandre

running mochitests in B2G desktop build
Hi all, i followed the directions at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Using_the_B2G_desktop_client and https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Platform/Testing/Mochitests to run a mochitest in the B2G desktop build (on linux) for something i'm trying to land that's having issues on B2G. i'm hitting this error : JavaScript error: http://mochi.test:8888/tests/content/base/test/test_CSP_inlinestyle.html?autorun=1&closeWhenDone=1&logFile=%2Fhome%2Fimelven%2Fsrc%2Fmozilla-central%2Fobjdir-dbg%2F_tests%2Ftesting%2Fmochites...

running mochitests on B2G desktop builds
It's now possible to run mochitests on B2G desktop builds. Instructions are at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/B2G_Mochitests. If you run into any problems, please ping jgriffin on #ateam, or file bugs under Testing:Mochitest. Jonathan ...

B2G desktop mochitests now running
Just an fyi, b2g desktop mochitests are now running on all mozilla-central based branches (this does not include mozilla-b2g26, though if this is desired, I can look into it). They are running the same set of mochitests as the b2g emulators, minus a few that had b2g desktop specific issues (see bug 931116 for a list of which ones). Please file test issues as blocking bugs to bug 931116. The biggest outstanding issue is the inability to run a single test via mach (see bug 927889 for more details or if you'd like to help investigate). Thanks, Andrew ...

|mach mochitest-remote| and |mach mochitest-b2g-desktop| replaced by |mach mochitest-plain|
Bug 1046992 (just landed on inbound) removes the `mochitest-remote` and `mochitest-b2g-desktop` mach commands. Instead, simply run |mach mochitest-plain| like you would on desktop. The `mochitest-plain` command will detect what platform you have built and do the right thing. In the near future, I'll also be removing all of the suite specific (e.g |mach mochitest-chrome|) commands. The |mach mochitest| command will be the single entry point into the harness, no matter what flavor or platform you are using. On a related note, |mach mochitest-chrome| is also now available...

B2G mochitests now use mochitest.ini manifests instead of b2g.json
For awhile now we've been using these hacky JSON based manifests to enable and disable mochitests on B2G. Now, thanks to the work of an awesome contributor (vaibhav1994), all the B2G mochitests are using the mochitest.ini format. This allows us to annotate tests with metadata, like whether the test should be skipped or not. What does this mean for you? If you are enabling/disabling, or adding a new mochitest, you now need to edit the 'mochitest.ini' file which lives in the same directory as your test file. For example, if I want to disable dom/media/tests/mochit...

[signin][b2g] - B2G->dev merge
We have been discussing forceAuthentication, but there are other B2G features that must be merged into dev. So that JedP and I can prioritize, bisect, and tackle, can we get a list of features and any dependencies they have on other features? Off the top of my head I know of: * forceAuthentication * forceIssuer * allowUnverified * special TOS/PP handling - in B2G, TOS/PP links must be opened in an IFRAME instead of in a new tab. * A way of indicating experimental features Are there other new features that I am missing? We are actively discussing forceAuthentication, but t...

running B2G mochitests on try
We are now running a small set of mochitests on B2G emulators on all trunk trees. We'll be expanding this set of tests as quickly as we can. Meanwhile, if you'd like to run tests through try, here's how you can do it: - Use a platform field of ics_armv7a_gecko - Use a build type of 'o' (opt) - If you want to change the set of mochitests that are run, modify this file: http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/mochitest/b2g.json A complete try push syntax might look like: try: -b o -p ics_armv7a_gecko -t none -u mochitests Regards, Jona...

Can anyone unban me in #b2g ?
I pasted more than 5 lines of code in #b2g last week, and now I can't join the channel anymore... [10:45:00] Message(474): #b2g Cannot join channel (You're banned) Can anyone unban me? ...

b2g-info now subsumes b2g-procrank and b2g-ps
Dear all, I just merged b2g-info, a tool which gives you information about b2g processes running on a device, into gonk-misc. You can get this new tool by running ./repo sync and then rebuilding with ./build.sh. b2g-info is meant to subsume b2g-procrank and b2g-ps. It (hopefully) outputs all of the useful information from b2g-ps, b2g-procrank, b2g-procrank --nice, and b2g-procrank --oom plus some additional data in a (hopefully) easier-to-digest format. b2g-info is also faster than b2g-procrank, which makes a difference if you're running b2g-info repeatedly from a script. ...

Running B2G Desktop client in Linux
Hi, I am tring to run B2G Desktop client in Linux through simple script as below ********************** export B2G_HOMESCREEN=http://homescreen.gaiamobile.org/ /u/prakot/B2G/build/dist/bin/b2g -safe-mode -profile /u/prakot/B2G/gaia/profile ********************* as suggested in below link http://playingwithsid.blogspot.in/2012/03/building-boot2gecko-on-ubuntu.html And till not successfull in getting B2G Homescreen launched. Getting screen showing error-- "unable to connect, connection was refused when attempting to connect //homescreen.gaiamobile.org/, Is any special permi...

Mach target for B2G desktop mochitests
If you have a B2G desktop build, you can now run ./mach mochitest-b2g-desktop (./mach help mochitest-b2g-desktop for more options). If your environment isn't set up properly, the command should guide you through the steps needed with helpful error messages. But for posterity, you need to: * pass in --profile or set GAIA_PROFILE to a non-debug gaia profile * have a marionette enabled build (ENABLE_MARIONETTE=1 in your mozconfig) -Andrew ...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Running unit tests inside B2G Desktop
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 4880 and 3156) --uSdk6tGQLJFPbH9dPo6LNwEELu0L8ULPO Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey, as you may know, we can run the unit tests in B2G Desktop (instead of Firefox). This is what's done in TBPL, and this is one of the causes we get backed out sometimes (because there are some differences). We don't run on Travis right now, because they're not passing completely yet, and we don't want to take Travis' valuable time for something that does not pass, but now yo...

Web resources about - Is there *anyone* in Oslo who can run mochitests on b2g desktop?? - mozilla.dev.b2g

Autophone Status Update 2013-07-20 »
... (Android 4.0.4/Mali-400 MP) , samsung-gs3-2 (Android 4.0.4/Mali-400 MP) and atrix-1 (Android 4.0.4/Adreno 225)> are all green with the Mochitest-Canvas ...

Videos - Code Firefox
Videos Cheatsheet About Available Unavailable Videos Getting ready for development Setting up a Windows Firefox build environment Setting up ...

mitcho > blog
One of the last bugs for Firefox Panorama was bug 625818: “Check Panorama mochitest test suite coverage” . Our automated tests ensure that we ...

Mozilla Firefox 4 Beta 11 Fixes
You are viewing information archived from Mozilla.org on 2014-02-12. skip to Navigation switch language Mozilla Firefox mozilla Desktop Features ...

b2g - Dknite's Lair
Posts about b2g written by dknite

In-content preferences are now available in Firefox Nightly
Starting today, users can access in-content preferences in Firefox Nightly. First, a big congratulations to Zuhao (Joe) Chen, Jon Rietveld, Owen ...

Archive
ZPAO is Paul O’Shannessy About + Contact Archive Archive 2013-11-12 Do We Need Node? 2013-10-03 This is some good SHIT 2013-05-10 Adding Line ...

← Last week in the “Accessible” module, March 16, 2009
As the accessibility team was at the 2009 CSUN Center on Persons with Disabilities conference last week, not much happened on the forefront that ...

That’s what I’m talking about
Bread and Circuits Philosophy for the programming set, served on home made bread Skip to content About – David Humphrey Reading Open Data « Taking ...

Bug List
Bugzilla@Mozilla – Home - New - Browse - Search - [ help ] - Reports - Requests - Product Dashboard - Help - New Account - Log In or Remember ...