Documenting Engineering mode framework - help needed

Hi there,

I have just been looking over =
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3D997564, and am intending =
to document the engineering mode framework soon. But I don=E2=80=99t =
have any details about it, so was wondering if someone could give me =
some help?

1. I=E2=80=99m not really sure what it is, or what it does. Is there a =
writeup somewhere? I=E2=80=99d probably want to write up a page =
somewhere to explain it.

2. It looks like the only relevant API is =
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/webidl/EngineeringMode.w=
ebidl. Could someone confirm this, and let me know what the members do?

3. It loos like there is a special web activity involved. Could someone =
explain that to me?

4. Are there any other details I=E2=80=99m missing that are relevant?

Thanks,

Chris Mills
  Senior tech writer || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
  cmills@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills



1
Chris
9/11/2015 7:35:56 AM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

0 Replies
437 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

Reply:

Similar Artilces:

What needs documenting in B2G?
We may be contracting out to help get the core B2G docs up to date. By that, I mean, things other than Web-facing stuff. Things like core libraries, architecture, that kind of thing. Anyone aware of things that need documenting or their docs updated? I'm building a list for the statement of work, so don't be shy! If it matters to you, let me know! -- Eric Shepherd Developer Documentation Lead Mozilla Blog: http://www.bitstampede.com/ Twitter: @sheppy On 2013-06-14 15:51:14 +0000, Gabriele Svelto said: > Will this documentation be oriented towards developer...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Need freeware .NET Documentation Tool for Microsoft .NET Framework
Got a solution fully documated that needed to be taken out and to attached it to the project spec. Any known good free tool suggestion will help. For VS2003 exists the NDocument tool.For other versions have a look at this: http://www.codeplex.com/Sandcastle Hope this helpsIf this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer. ...

Dev-doc-needed bugs and documentation requests [Oct 1st, 2015]
### What are Dev-doc-needed bugs? ### One of the main ways the MDN writing team gets requests for new docs is through Bugzilla. We get requests in two different ways: * "dev-doc-needed": When the bug add new features, or modify existing one that need documentation on MDN, the "dev-doc-needed" keyword is added to the relevant bug(s). We often abbreviate "dev-doc-needed" to "DDN=E2=80=9D.= And we got a notification when such a bug is resolved. * Documentation requests: when someone notices that docs are wrong, or incomplete, they can file bugs ...

dev.b2g and dev.gaia redundancy?
I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately in the dev.b2g and dev.gaia newsgroups. Are the original motivations for having distinct groups still still applicable? Would things be easier for more people if we collapsed down to one group? Is that an awful idea? - A +1, half the emails are sent to both lists to take it further I am sitting alone in #fxos on irc On 4 December 2013 00:22, Asa Dotzler <asa@mozilla.com> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately > in the dev.b2g and dev....

[signin][b2g] - B2G->dev merge
We have been discussing forceAuthentication, but there are other B2G features that must be merged into dev. So that JedP and I can prioritize, bisect, and tackle, can we get a list of features and any dependencies they have on other features? Off the top of my head I know of: * forceAuthentication * forceIssuer * allowUnverified * special TOS/PP handling - in B2G, TOS/PP links must be opened in an IFRAME instead of in a new tab. * A way of indicating experimental features Are there other new features that I am missing? We are actively discussing forceAuthentication, but t...

Need documentation..
I need documentation on following concepts.., 1)Can we create our own portlet or modify existing portlet code? I hope this is possible because import portlet is available. need info on "How to create novell supported portlets?" Example: Default SearchList portlet provided by novell, will be redirected to Detail portlet on selected user. I want to edit searchlist portlet code, so that inspite of redirecting to Detail portlet it should redirect to ResourceRequest portlet. 2) UserApp API , location of JSP pages , How to add JSP page to User App..? I am not su...

Need Documentation
I have been given the task to set up a database that clients can connect to using Microsoft Access. I am traveling in completely unknown territory. I finally got the database service running on an NT server what else do I do to get this thing up for the clients. Is there anything else I need to do on the server? Please excuse my ignorance in this matter. My boss is an SQL expert and knows your product very well. He gave me this task for self training and expects me to research this on my own. He suggested the newsgroup. so here I am. I am using SQL Anywhere 5.5. Luckily in our test lab...

Web APIs documentation/dev team/dev evangelism meeting Thursday at 8 AM PDT
The Web API documentation community meeting, with representatives from the technical evangelism and the API development teams, will take place on Thursday at 8 AM Pacific DAYLIGHT Time (see http://bit.ly/1GghwBR for your time zone). Please note that the United States has not yet transitioned to Daylight Saving Time, so this meeting may be offset by an hour from its usual start in your area. Typical meetings include news about recent API development progress and future development plans, discussions about what the priorities for documenting and promoting new Web technologies should be...

PFC as a framework has outlived its live, we need new FRAMEWORK reengineered from what we have, give a new life to it.
I want to create ONE framework binary & want to reuse it every where. But, the limitations of PB being able to use the PBD as a library file has been a problem. Only in PB10.5 that they have removed this issue completely in fact forced because of the proxy objects. The project painter should automatically have in the library list checked or the PBD should be like resource library & not included in the list of libraries be generated (if i include the PBD in the exe especially the proxy objects the proxy objects don't work). The PBDs should work the same way I do ...

Web APIs documentation/dev team/dev evangelism meeting Thursday at 8 AM PDT
The Web API documentation community meeting, with representatives from the technical evangelism and the API development teams, will take place on Thursday at 8 AM Pacific DAYLIGHT Time (see http://bit.ly/1GghwBR for your time zone). Please note that the United States has not yet transitioned to Daylight Saving Time, so this meeting may be offset by an hour from its usual start in your area. Typical meetings include news about recent API development progress and future development plans, discussions about what the priorities for documenting and promoting new Web technologies should be...

superreview requested: [Bug 356466] nsIEditor IID needs revision, new ownership model needs documentation
Robert O'Callahan (:roc) <roc@ocallahan.org> has asked Boris Zbarsky (reviews very slow until spring) <bzbarsky@mit.edu> for superreview: Bug 356466: nsIEditor IID needs revision, new ownership model needs documentation https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356466 Attachment 286205: rev IID and add documentation https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=286205&action=edit ...

mailman config changed; text/html should now show up in dev-gaia and dev-b2g and links should not be corrupted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040907020305070007060305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Assuming all has gone well, the mailman list-server software we use for dev-b2g and dev-gaia should no longer force multipart/alternative mail messages to use the first sub-part (which is likely to be text/plain). What this means is that if you use the gmail web UI to talk on the list and your hyperlinks have ended up messed up, that should stop happening. (This, by definition, is/was a bug in gmail'...

mailman config changed; text/html should now show up in dev-gaia and dev-b2g and links should not be corrupted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040907020305070007060305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Assuming all has gone well, the mailman list-server software we use for dev-b2g and dev-gaia should no longer force multipart/alternative mail messages to use the first sub-part (which is likely to be text/plain). What this means is that if you use the gmail web UI to talk on the list and your hyperlinks have ended up messed up, that should stop happening. (This, by definition, is/was a bug in gmail'...

Web resources about - Documenting Engineering mode framework - help needed - mozilla.dev.b2g

Self-documenting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Self-documenting code is ostensibly written using human-readable names, typically consisting of a phrase in a human language which reflects the ...

1 documenting - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Wesley mans the video camera.

Footage Documenting Harvey Milk's Assassination and Dan White's Arrest - YouTube
From the award winning documentary "The Times of Harvey Milk". I would have uploaded more of this great documentary but to create this I needed ...

Documenting with dignity in the Ebola zone
Brisbane Times Documenting with dignity in the Ebola zone Brisbane Times I have taken pride over my 40-plus years as a photojournalist in ...

Cabinet leaks continue with release of email documenting Government talking points, responses
A leaked document reveals what Federal Government MPs have been told to say in response to questions about Cabinet's agenda.

Map: Documenting Scouts-related sex abuse cases
Documenting Scouts-related sex abuse cases

Google Street View documenting Sandy’s aftermath: reports
A move by Google to document Hurricane Sandy’s devastating aftermath with its Street View technology has stirred up controversy.

Content Pointer: Documenting Exploratory Testing
My latest testing article is on documentation and exploratory testing. You can read an online version here: Documenting Exploratory Testing. ...

Documenting Software Architectures
You have more chances to like a book on documenting software architectures when the authors know how to write and this is the case for this one. ...

Documenting life under ISIL
Al Jazeera meets journalists who tell stories from Mosul from their computers in Kurdish-controlled northern Iraq.

Resources last updated: 12/14/2015 11:54:33 AM