Documentation for debugging on B2G and Gaia

I'm starting work on documentation for debugging of B2G itself as well as of Gaia apps, and I'm soliciting opinions as to what topics are the most interesting and most important.

If you have thoughts on this, please let me know!

Eric Shepherd
Developer Documentation Lead
Mozilla
http://www.bitstampede.com/
0
Eric
9/24/2012 2:13:56 PM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

dev.b2g and dev.gaia redundancy?
I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately in the dev.b2g and dev.gaia newsgroups. Are the original motivations for having distinct groups still still applicable? Would things be easier for more people if we collapsed down to one group? Is that an awful idea? - A +1, half the emails are sent to both lists to take it further I am sitting alone in #fxos on irc On 4 December 2013 00:22, Asa Dotzler <asa@mozilla.com> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately > in the dev.b2g and dev....

B2G debugging documentation
I'm working away at debugging related docs pertaining to Firefox OS. Lots of changes here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Debugging_on_Boot_to_Gecko We also now have: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Debugging_on_Boot_to_Gecko/Setting_up https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Debugger And next week, I'll be working further on: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Debugging_on_Boot_to_Gecko/Using_the_Remote_Web_Console Please feel free to tweak these if you see any proble...

[signin][b2g] - B2G->dev merge
We have been discussing forceAuthentication, but there are other B2G features that must be merged into dev. So that JedP and I can prioritize, bisect, and tackle, can we get a list of features and any dependencies they have on other features? Off the top of my head I know of: * forceAuthentication * forceIssuer * allowUnverified * special TOS/PP handling - in B2G, TOS/PP links must be opened in an IFRAME instead of in a new tab. * A way of indicating experimental features Are there other new features that I am missing? We are actively discussing forceAuthentication, but t...

mailman config changed; text/html should now show up in dev-gaia and dev-b2g and links should not be corrupted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040907020305070007060305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Assuming all has gone well, the mailman list-server software we use for dev-b2g and dev-gaia should no longer force multipart/alternative mail messages to use the first sub-part (which is likely to be text/plain). What this means is that if you use the gmail web UI to talk on the list and your hyperlinks have ended up messed up, that should stop happening. (This, by definition, is/was a bug in gmail'...

mailman config changed; text/html should now show up in dev-gaia and dev-b2g and links should not be corrupted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040907020305070007060305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Assuming all has gone well, the mailman list-server software we use for dev-b2g and dev-gaia should no longer force multipart/alternative mail messages to use the first sub-part (which is likely to be text/plain). What this means is that if you use the gmail web UI to talk on the list and your hyperlinks have ended up messed up, that should stop happening. (This, by definition, is/was a bug in gmail'...

b2g-info now subsumes b2g-procrank and b2g-ps
Dear all, I just merged b2g-info, a tool which gives you information about b2g processes running on a device, into gonk-misc. You can get this new tool by running ./repo sync and then rebuilding with ./build.sh. b2g-info is meant to subsume b2g-procrank and b2g-ps. It (hopefully) outputs all of the useful information from b2g-ps, b2g-procrank, b2g-procrank --nice, and b2g-procrank --oom plus some additional data in a (hopefully) easier-to-digest format. b2g-info is also faster than b2g-procrank, which makes a difference if you're running b2g-info repeatedly from a script. ...

Where are "b2g-bin" and Gaia's profile located in Pandaboard's B2G build?
Hi fellow citizens of the free software world, For the B2G desktop build, we can pass arguments to "b2g-bin" to run B2G with a specific resolution or to run specific apps. However I can't find either "b2g-bin" or the Gaia profile directory on the Pandaboard's B2G build. What can we do to get access to "b2G-bin" on the Pandaboard? Or is there any alternative way of passing arguments to B2G? Many thanks for reading, and much appreciated in advance for replying, Hugh ...

blocking-b2g / feature-b2g / status-b2g-v2.5 change for FxOS 2.5 in Bugzilla
--Apple-Mail=_A344D24D-898F-4783-9B3E-33CDD840A153 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Dear b2g friends, Just to inform you the following change has been applied to Bugzilla = since we have announced FxOS 2.5: 1. blocking-b2g and feature-b2g flags are renamed from 3.0?/+ to = 2.5?/+. 2. New tracking flag status-b2g-v2.5 is created. Sincerely, ------------------------------------------------------- Josh Cheng Engineering Project Manager, Firefox OS Mozilla Corporation =E2=9C=89 joshcheng@mozilla.com <mailto:joche...

Differences between running gaia through b2g and running gaia through firefox
Hi, I have some difficulties during developing gaia. I see differences between running gaia through b2g and running gaia through firefox nightly and I do not know why it happens. What is the point? If I run gaia through b2g I can see many more functions than in similar situation throught firefox-nightly. Almost everything runs very well with b2g. Even icons of Apps are different. Of course if it is runned through firefox nightly I have debugger, developer tools and other things. For example if it is runned through firefox nightly I even can not click on search input on ...

Gaia repository modularization (was Re: [b2g] Move Gaia to the same repository as Gecko)
sounds like we put Xorg + GNOME + openoffice + a lot of apps into a huge repository in Linux. gecko is a platform and gaia is a mobile environment + core apps, I even want to split gaia to gaia-essential + apps in different repositores and then we can develop gaia app just like a normal web app. actually Greg and I are discussing this in sereral days and we try to figure our idea here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gO6NLhYHRmscJF14MezfP9BDZIVRJ6Mw_o1ZqWhvbf4/edit and we are doing some experiment to verify our idea. On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Dale Harvey <da...

What needs documenting in B2G?
We may be contracting out to help get the core B2G docs up to date. By that, I mean, things other than Web-facing stuff. Things like core libraries, architecture, that kind of thing. Anyone aware of things that need documenting or their docs updated? I'm building a list for the statement of work, so don't be shy! If it matters to you, let me know! -- Eric Shepherd Developer Documentation Lead Mozilla Blog: http://www.bitstampede.com/ Twitter: @sheppy On 2013-06-14 15:51:14 +0000, Gabriele Svelto said: > Will this documentation be oriented towards developer...

Web resources about - Documentation for debugging on B2G and Gaia - mozilla.dev.b2g

GNU Free Documentation License - Wikipedia
La GNU Free Documentation License ( GNU FDL ) è una licenza di copyleft per contenuti liberi , creata dalla Free Software Foundation per il progetto ...

Facebook Tweaks Documentation For Developers
Facebook continued its focus on developers with its release Thursday of improved documentation for FQL and the software-development kits for ...

Documentation for building software with Facebook - APIs, SDKs and Services
Learn how to integrate with Facebook's APIs and developer tools to drive growth and engagement to your app, website or content.

Facebook shares new documentation for local currency pricing, sets migration for Q3
Facebook today provided updates regarding its transition from Credits to local currency pricing. The company offered new documentation for game ...

Emergent Documentation: One way that Agile is very different from Waterfall.
(from a 2012 email) One of the questions I always get around the use of Agile is, how do you do the documentation? Many people are very uncomfortable ...

BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store on ...
Get BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Documentation in Software Development
There is currently a trend to produce “just enough” documentation in software development. We should however not forgot that what we might estimate ...

The Documentation Dilemma
Back when 37signals was consulting, we gradually weaned ourselves off of documentation. It’s normal practice in the design world to produce lots ...

Apple publishes OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 Core Technologies Overview documentation
A new developer document posted to Apple’s website today details the technologies that power OS X Mavericks. The 36-page document includes information ...

Facebook Releases ThreatExchange API Documentation
... information about malware and other security threats, and the social network announced Friday that the application-programming-interface documentation ...