Bricked Alcatel One Touch Fire

Hi list,

I've had two nice days with my Alcatel. Now I've bricked it. As a side
note, would it be possible that when someone types

$ ./flash.sh --help

That there's actually a help page displayed and not fastboot flashing is
initiated right away? That's what happened to me and now the phone is
dead :-(

Well, not dead. It's actually booting up and I can do stuff with it.
It's just not a "phone" anymore: Doesn't ask for a SIM PIN and I can't
do calls (obviously).

Now in anticipation of my stupidity, I've created backups of /dev/mtd*
as Krzysztof Adamski describes at
http://k.japko.eu/alcatel-otf-hackers-guide-1.html

$ cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 >/mnt/sdcard/boot.img
$ cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 >/mnt/sdcard/system.img
$ cat /dev/mtd/mtd5 >/mnt/sdcard/userdata.img
$ cat /dev/mtd/mtd7 >/mnt/sdcard/recovery.img

The problem is that when I try to flash system or userdata, this happens:

[...]
writing 'userdata'...
FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

The phone is afterwards completely unusable (doesn't leave bootloader
anymore).

So could please someone help me to either create a working image that
I've built myself that actually recognizes the SIM card and works as a
phone or to be able to successfully flash back my backup? I'm kind of
desperate, it was all working pretty nicely and now I broke it :-(

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
Joe
0
Johannes
11/17/2013 2:05:29 PM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Joe,

I have the Brazilian version of the device. Would it help if I create an image from my device?

There is another option as well, but from Venezuela http://elsimpicuitico.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/rom-stock-del-alcatel-otf-hamachi-rooteada/

Bruno

Em domingo, 17 de novembro de 2013 12h05min29s UTC-2, Johannes Bauer  escreveu:
> Hi list,
>

> I've had two nice days with my Alcatel. Now I've bricked it. As a side
>
> note, would it be possible that when someone types
>

> $ ./flash.sh --help
>

> That there's actually a help page displayed and not fastboot flashing is
>
> initiated right away? That's what happened to me and now the phone is
>
> dead :-(
>

> Well, not dead. It's actually booting up and I can do stuff with it.
>
> It's just not a "phone" anymore: Doesn't ask for a SIM PIN and I can't
>
> do calls (obviously).
>

> Now in anticipation of my stupidity, I've created backups of /dev/mtd*
>
> as Krzysztof Adamski describes at
>
> http://k.japko.eu/alcatel-otf-hackers-guide-1.html
>

> $ cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 >/mnt/sdcard/boot.img
>
> $ cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 >/mnt/sdcard/system.img
>
> $ cat /dev/mtd/mtd5 >/mnt/sdcard/userdata.img
>
> $ cat /dev/mtd/mtd7 >/mnt/sdcard/recovery.img
>

> The problem is that when I try to flash system or userdata, this happens:
>

> [...]
>
> writing 'userdata'...
>
> FAILED (remote: flash write failure)
>

> The phone is afterwards completely unusable (doesn't leave bootloader
>
> anymore).
>

> So could please someone help me to either create a working image that
>
> I've built myself that actually recognizes the SIM card and works as a
>
> phone or to be able to successfully flash back my backup? I'm kind of
>
> desperate, it was all working pretty nicely and now I broke it :-(
>

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Joe

0
Bruno
11/17/2013 8:53:28 PM
Hi Bruno,

thank you very much for your help! Thanks to the link you included I was
able to recover the phone. Here's what I did:

I downloaded the Venezelean images and pushed them on the phone by
flashing with fastboot. That worked without any problems.

Then I flashed the B2G version that I built myself on the phone with
adb. Now I have a German working phone with B2G 1.2. Thanks so much.

One more question so this only happens once to me: How do you pull an
accurate 1:1 system/userdata image that can be reflashed with fastboot
to recreate the exact phone state? How would you've done that? Because
this is the next thing I'm going to do immediately...

Thank you so much,
Kind regards,
Johannes

On 17.11.2013 21:53, Bruno Vilar wrote:
> Joe,
>
> I have the Brazilian version of the device. Would it help if I create an image from my device?
>
> There is another option as well, but from Venezuela http://elsimpicuitico.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/rom-stock-del-alcatel-otf-hamachi-rooteada/
>
> Bruno

0
Johannes
11/18/2013 3:37:16 PM
Hi Johannes,

if you have the time, could you maybe do a little howto on the process
you used?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

On 18.11.2013 16:37, Johannes Bauer wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> thank you very much for your help! Thanks to the link you included I was
> able to recover the phone. Here's what I did:
>
> I downloaded the Venezelean images and pushed them on the phone by
> flashing with fastboot. That worked without any problems.
>
> Then I flashed the B2G version that I built myself on the phone with
> adb. Now I have a German working phone with B2G 1.2. Thanks so much.
>
> One more question so this only happens once to me: How do you pull an
> accurate 1:1 system/userdata image that can be reflashed with fastboot
> to recreate the exact phone state? How would you've done that? Because
> this is the next thing I'm going to do immediately...
>
> Thank you so much,
> Kind regards,
> Johannes
>

> On 17.11.2013 21:53, Bruno Vilar wrote:
>> Joe,
>>
>> I have the Brazilian version of the device. Would it help if I create an image from my device?
>>
>> There is another option as well, but from Venezuela http://elsimpicuitico.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/rom-stock-del-alcatel-otf-hamachi-rooteada/
>>
>> Bruno

Hi Thomas,

what I did was surprisingly easy with the help of the images that Bruno
sent the link to. They are from the "VegnuX" project that is hosted at
http://b2g.vegnux.org.ve/ -- I've since tried to use the v1.2 images
(which worked nicely). Here's what I did in short:

1. Download the v1.2 image from
http://b2g.vegnux.org.ve/downloads/hamachi/v1.2/ (I've used
images-hamachi-v1.2-20131028.zip md5sum b1efa31e6e11a66f76a437829cad8bcd)

2. Extract the ZIP to a temp directory. You'll see that included is a
"system.img" and "userdata.img" file.

3. Disconnect the phone from USB, shut it off (maybe remove the battery
if it doesn't shut off). When completely off, hit the "volume down" key
and turn it on. Keep "volume down" pressed for a few seconds. You should
see the phone display the Alcatel logo and hang there. The phone is now
in fastboot mode. Connect it to the PC via USB.

4. Verify the phone is in fastboot mode by issuing:
$ fastboot devices
(you should see one device connected)

5. Now flash the image from vegnux:
$ fastboot erase cache
$ fastboot flash system /tmp/images-hamachi-v1.2-20131028/system.img
$ fastboot flash userdata /tmp/images-hamachi-v1.2-20131028/userdata.img

6. After flashing completed successfully, restart the phone:
$ fastboot restart

7. Your phone should boot up (but only have English and a few other
languages that I all don't speak available). SIM functionality should
work with this image.

8. Build B2G with your locale (German in my case), I've also used
BRANCH="v1.2"

9. Flash the phone using the adb flashing mode (simply invoke
"./flash.sh" after having booted into a ro.secure=0 image, as is
described on http://k.japko.eu/alcatel-otf-hackers-guide-1.html in nice
detail).

10. You should now have a phone that works again with your own B2G
version and your desired locale(s).

I might add that while I do have plenty of embedded linux experience,
I'm a complete novice with smartphones. So this howto may contain errors
and/or inaccuracies. Please correct if encountered.

Hope that helps,
Best regards,
Joe

On 18.11.2013 16:54, T.L. wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> if you have the time, could you maybe do a little howto on the process
> you used?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Thomas

0
Johannes
11/18/2013 4:10:11 PM
Thank you so much.

On 18.11.2013 17:10, Johannes Bauer wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> what I did was surprisingly easy with the help of the images that Bruno
> sent the link to. They are from the "VegnuX" project that is hosted at
> http://b2g.vegnux.org.ve/ -- I've since tried to use the v1.2 images
> (which worked nicely). Here's what I did in short:
>
> 1. Download the v1.2 image from
> http://b2g.vegnux.org.ve/downloads/hamachi/v1.2/ (I've used
> images-hamachi-v1.2-20131028.zip md5sum b1efa31e6e11a66f76a437829cad8bcd)
>
> 2. Extract the ZIP to a temp directory. You'll see that included is a
> "system.img" and "userdata.img" file.
>
> 3. Disconnect the phone from USB, shut it off (maybe remove the battery
> if it doesn't shut off). When completely off, hit the "volume down" key
> and turn it on. Keep "volume down" pressed for a few seconds. You should
> see the phone display the Alcatel logo and hang there. The phone is now
> in fastboot mode. Connect it to the PC via USB.
>
> 4. Verify the phone is in fastboot mode by issuing:
> $ fastboot devices
> (you should see one device connected)
>
> 5. Now flash the image from vegnux:
> $ fastboot erase cache
> $ fastboot flash system /tmp/images-hamachi-v1.2-20131028/system.img
> $ fastboot flash userdata /tmp/images-hamachi-v1.2-20131028/userdata.img
>
> 6. After flashing completed successfully, restart the phone:
> $ fastboot restart
>
> 7. Your phone should boot up (but only have English and a few other
> languages that I all don't speak available). SIM functionality should
> work with this image.
>
> 8. Build B2G with your locale (German in my case), I've also used
> BRANCH="v1.2"
>
> 9. Flash the phone using the adb flashing mode (simply invoke
> "./flash.sh" after having booted into a ro.secure=0 image, as is
> described on http://k.japko.eu/alcatel-otf-hackers-guide-1.html in nice
> detail).
>
> 10. You should now have a phone that works again with your own B2G
> version and your desired locale(s).
>
> I might add that while I do have plenty of embedded linux experience,
> I'm a complete novice with smartphones. So this howto may contain errors
> and/or inaccuracies. Please correct if encountered.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Best regards,
> Joe
>

> On 18.11.2013 16:54, T.L. wrote:
>> Hi Johannes,
>>
>> if you have the time, could you maybe do a little howto on the process
>> you used?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Thomas

I recommend using the cwm recovery to hamachi to create backups of your original rom before experimenting with the source code or other images.

http://vegnux.org.ve/files/projects/b2g/hamachi/hamachi_recovery.img
0
ISO
11/18/2013 6:49:35 PM
Glad to have helped in some way. :)

Em segunda-feira, 18 de novembro de 2013 13h37min16s UTC-2, Johannes Bauer  escreveu:
> Hi Bruno,
>

> thank you very much for your help! Thanks to the link you included I was
>
> able to recover the phone. Here's what I did:
>

> I downloaded the Venezelean images and pushed them on the phone by
>
> flashing with fastboot. That worked without any problems.
>

> Then I flashed the B2G version that I built myself on the phone with
>
> adb. Now I have a German working phone with B2G 1.2. Thanks so much.
>

> One more question so this only happens once to me: How do you pull an
>
> accurate 1:1 system/userdata image that can be reflashed with fastboot
>
> to recreate the exact phone state? How would you've done that? Because
>
> this is the next thing I'm going to do immediately...
>

> Thank you so much,
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Johannes
>

> On 17.11.2013 21:53, Bruno Vilar wrote:
>
> > Joe,
>

> > I have the Brazilian version of the device. Would it help if I create an image from my device?
>

> > There is another option as well, but from Venezuela http://elsimpicuitico.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/rom-stock-del-alcatel-otf-hamachi-rooteada/
>

> > Bruno

0
Bruno
11/18/2013 9:07:27 PM
this is cool. wonder if it would work for zte open?
0
Bob
11/19/2013 1:20:10 AM
Hi Carlos,

On 18.11.2013 19:49, Carlos S�nchez wrote:
> I recommend using the cwm recovery to hamachi to create backups of your original rom before experimenting with the source code or other images.
>
> http://vegnux.org.ve/files/projects/b2g/hamachi/hamachi_recovery.img

Apart from the image itself (which I suspect you would "fastboot boot"
to), how do you perform the backup? Is there any information on how to
do that and could you maybe post the link to it? This would me most helpful.

Thanks,
Joe
0
Johannes
11/19/2013 9:32:00 AM
El martes, 19 de noviembre de 2013 05:02:00 UTC-4:30, Johannes Bauer  escri=
bi=F3:
> Hi Carlos,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On 18.11.2013 19:49, Carlos S=E1nchez wrote:
>=20
> > I recommend using the cwm recovery to hamachi to create backups of your=
 original rom before experimenting with the source code or other images.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > http://vegnux.org.ve/files/projects/b2g/hamachi/hamachi_recovery.img
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Apart from the image itself (which I suspect you would "fastboot boot"
>=20
> to), how do you perform the backup? Is there any information on how to
>=20
> do that and could you maybe post the link to it? This would me most helpf=
ul.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Joe

Hi Joe,

after that you flash the cwm recovery image using fastboot, you will boot t=
he device into recovery mode via adb with "adb reboot recovery" or manually=
 pressing hold volume up and power buttons during 5 seconds. You'll see an =
auto explicative cloworkmod recovery menu.

regards...
0
ISO
11/19/2013 1:07:44 PM
Hi Carlos,

On 19.11.2013 14:07, Carlos S�nchez wrote:

> after that you flash the cwm recovery image using fastboot, you will boot the device into recovery mode via adb with "adb reboot recovery" or manually pressing hold volume up and power buttons during 5 seconds. You'll see an auto explicative cloworkmod recovery menu.

Ah, thank you for this. I backed up my files as of now (and am curios to
see if it works later on).

Is there maybe also an option to backup the recovery partition (i.e.
complete non-intrusively, without having to flash anything)?

Best regards,
Joe
0
Johannes
11/19/2013 1:40:54 PM
El martes, 19 de noviembre de 2013 09:10:54 UTC-4:30, Johannes Bauer  escri=
bi=F3:
> Hi Carlos,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On 19.11.2013 14:07, Carlos S=E1nchez wrote:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> > after that you flash the cwm recovery image using fastboot, you will bo=
ot the device into recovery mode via adb with "adb reboot recovery" or manu=
ally pressing hold volume up and power buttons during 5 seconds. You'll see=
 an auto explicative cloworkmod recovery menu.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Ah, thank you for this. I backed up my files as of now (and am curios to
>=20
> see if it works later on).
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Is there maybe also an option to backup the recovery partition (i.e.
>=20
> complete non-intrusively, without having to flash anything)?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20
> Joe

You can see this

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-clockworkmod-recovery-and-how-t=
o-use-it-on-android-complete-guide/

this may answer some of your questions. :)
0
ISO
11/19/2013 3:00:23 PM
El lunes, 18 de noviembre de 2013 20:50:10 UTC-4:30, Bob Thulfram  escribi=
=F3:
> this is cool. wonder if it would work for zte open?

Hi bob, you can found cwm recovery for zte open here -> http://pof.eslack.o=
rg/2013/07/05/zte-open-firefoxos-phone-root-and-first-impressions/
0
ISO

Alcatel One Touch Fire
Ai pessoal!! O Alcatel One Touch Fire j=E1 est=E1 dispon=EDvel no site da Vivo! Acredito= que deve ter sido liberado para venda nas lojas tamb=E9m! David Figueiredo WebMaster (84) 9916-7093 (84) 8744-6667 E-mail/Messenger: davidmkt@gmail.com Skype: davidmkt Twitter: davidwebmaster Em quarta-feira, 30 de outubro de 2013 12h03min35s UTC-2, David Lima escre= veu: > Ai pessoal!! >=20 >=20 >=20 >=20 >=20 > O Alcatel One Touch Fire j=E1 est=E1 dispon=EDvel no site da Vivo! Acredi= to que >=20 > deve ter sido liberado para venda nas lojas ta...

Alcatel One Touch Fire discontinued?
The news broke that Alcatel is officially discontinuing its One Touch Fire phone on Firefox OS 1.1 and there will be no version 1.2: http://firefox-os.com/alcatel-one-touch-fire/24543-no-official-upgrade-firefox-os-1-2-alcatel-one-touch-fire.html It's been just half a year since its introduction. Can Mozilla confirm that? jerzyglowacki@gmail.com escribi=C3=B3: > The news broke that Alcatel is officially discontinuing its One Touch = Fire phone on Firefox OS 1.1 and there will be no version 1.2: = http://firefox-os.com/alcatel-one-touch-fire/24543-no-official-upgrade-fire= fox...

Especifications of the Alcatel One Touch Fire
Hi my cuestion it's simple. i want to know the specifications but i'm interested over the model of the accelerometer of this phone for an aplication and i need the model to perform prototipes ...

Vendendo
Bom dia pessoal, Estou com um Flame e gostaria de passar pra frente o meu alcatel One Fire Touch. Ele est=C3=A1 atualizado na vers=C3=A3o 2.0 ou 2.1 Quem se interessar estou pedindo R$130,00 e frete por conta do comprador! ;= ) Meu CEP =C3=A9 14887030 Abra=C3=A7os ...

Alcatel One Fire Touch
Bom dia galera, N=C3=A3o sei se =C3=A9 proibido esse tipo de mensagem, n=C3=A3o encontrei n= ada falando sobre. Se for me desculpem. Estou querendo vender meu Alcatel One Fire Touch. Ele tem s=C3=B3 4 meses d= e uso e est=C3=A1 rodando o Firefox OS 2.0 (Vegnuxmod) se quiserem posso voltar a= ROM original tamb=C3=A9m sem problemas. Como est=C3=A1 na garantia e n=C3=A3o tem riscos nem problema nenhum na tel= a estou pedindo R$180,00 nele. Se algu=C3=A9m interessar sou de Jaboticabal-SP (Frete por conta do comprad= or) Obrigado pela aten=C3=A7=C3=A3o! ...

Alcatel one touch fire #2
TyBxdWUgdm9jw6pzIHRlbSBwcmEgbWUgZmFsYXIgc29icmUgZWxlPw== > O que voc=EAs tem pra me falar sobre ele? Entre ele e o Fireweb, ficaria com ele. A tela =E9 pequena, mas tem uma de= nsidade de pixels boa e visibilidade melhor sob diferentes =E2ngulos de vis= =E3o. O armazenamento interno e a mem=F3ria RAM s=E3o limitados, mas acho o sufi= ciente para as aplica=E7=F5es atuais (ainda que eventualmente um app ou out= ro seja fechado se voc=EA estiver usando 3 ou mais deles ao mesmo tempo). A= l=E9m disso, ele vem com cart=E3o de mem=F3ria que j=E1 ajuda a guardar out= ros arquivos...

Building for the Alcatel One Touch Fire
Hi, The Alcatel One Touch Fire ships with firefoxOS v 1.0.1.0 (firmware version= 01005P) will it be compatible with the development version of the OS and w= ith this install guide https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Fir= efox_OS/Preparing_for_your_first_B2G_build ? Cheers, Luke W dniu pi=C4=85tek, 19 lipca 2013 16:11:40 UTC+2 u=C5=BCytkownik =C5=81ukas= z W=C3=B3jciak napisa=C5=82: > Hi, >=20 >=20 >=20 > The Alcatel One Touch Fire ships with firefoxOS v 1.0.1.0 (firmware versi= on 01005P) will it be compatible with the development version of t...

Alcatel one touch fire #3
TGkgcXVlIGVsZSBuYW8gdGVyw6EgbWFpcyBhdHVhbGl6YcOnw7VlcyBhbGd1ZW0gdGVtIGFsZ3Vt YSBpbmZvcm1hw6fDo28/ > Li que ele nao ter=E1 mais atualiza=E7=F5es alguem tem alguma informa=E7= =E3o? A informa=E7=E3o que li foi a de que a Alcatel resolveu pular a vers=E3o 1.= 2 e se comprometer a entregar a vers=E3o 1.3. Ainda assim, n=E3o vi um pron= unciamento oficial da Alcatel. S=F3 teve um lugar com informa=E7=F5es mais claras em que li algo a respeit= o [1], mas eles n=E3o colocam links com o pronunciamento da Mozilla e nem d= a Alcatel. Ent=E3o, =E9 preciso depender da confian=E7a de que...

[Tutorial] Backup Alcatel One Touch Fire
[Tutorial] Backup Alcatel One Touch Fire no f=F3rum de colaboradores do SUM= O - https://support.mozilla.org/pt-BR/forums/firefox-os-portuguese-forum/71= 0009?last=3D57664 Trabalho realizado por dois colaboradores do SUMO. ...

Alcatel One Touch Fire E 6015X
--Apple-Mail=_860121B0-599F-4DBB-B6D4-B94EEB2AB6D0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Hello, I just receive my new Alcatel One Touch Fire E 6015X with Firefox OS = 1.3.0 on it. I want to try build and install higher version like 2.0. = But i didn=E2=80=99 find codename for this device here = https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developer_phone_guide/Phone= _specs = <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developer_phone_guide/Phon= e_specs> What codename i should you to build Firefox OS for my phone? ...

Install B2G on Alcatel one touch 995
Hello, Today we met a manager from Alcatel at DROIDCON in Tunisia, she was very interrested and she asked if we can install B2G on Alcatel onetouch 995. So is that possible ? Thanks ! -- Nobless Oblige ! Alexandre BM Responsable Logistique Esprit-Libre Responsable Technique Mozilla Tunisia ...

Alcatel One Touch Fire E: cacert_location.pem
Hello list, after my Alcatel One Touch Fire E (6015X) had crashed for another time, I connected it via USB. A lot of partitions were mounted instantly. On one partition I found a file etc/cacert_location.pem. As I use my own CA (unfortunately _not_ on my device) I thought I should add my CA certificate to this certificate list and did it. After rebooting my device I tried to configure my mail settings, which was (as usually) declined due to "uses an invalid security certificate" and "The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided.". Wha...

Anyone has manifest file for Alcatel One Touch Fire?
Hi, I'm currently trying to make custom builds for the Alcatel One Touch but I don't have a manifest file. The phones I have have FFOS on it already so there must be one somewhere. Anyone knows where I could find this or can I pull it from the device somehow? ...

Trying to build for Alcatel One Touch Fire (hamachi)
Hi group, to clarify, while I have plenty of ARM/Embedded experience I've never worked with smartphones before and am completely clueless about Android or its toolchain. That said, I'm the owner of a Alcatel One Touch Fire that I would like to flash with FFOS. My host is Gentoo x86_64. I've done some reading and am currently still at the stage where I try to build a B2G variant to be able to back up the current /dev/mtd images (I have no root access yet). So I followed https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Firefox_OS_build_prerequisites and https://develop...

Web resources about - Bricked Alcatel One Touch Fire - mozilla.dev.b2g

Frozen/Bricked iPhone, iPod, iPad Stuck on Restart (Apple Logo) FIX! - YouTube
SUBSCRIBE! ► http://bit.ly/iTwe4kz Gaming Channel! ► http://bit.ly/iTwe4kzGames Don't forget to hit LIKE and SUBSCRIBE! Like me on Facebook! ...

Carnegie, Perpetual refuse to be bricked in
Unfavourable ATO ruling not stopping push to unwind cross-shareholding between Brickworks and Soul Patts.

Several users reporting ‘bricked’ Nexus 7 devices following Lollipop OTA updates, Nexus 5 seemingly affected ...
This is definitely concerning. Several people are reporting on Google's product forums that their Nexus 7 devices have stopped working following ...

Last week’s MacBook Air firmware update reportedly failing to install for some, leaving users with bricked ...
... 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Last week’s MacBook Air firmware update reportedly failing to install for some, leaving users with bricked ...

Microsoft Releases Fix for Surfaces Bricked by Windows RT 8.1 update
Surface owners who unwittingly bricked their tablets installing a first flawed version of the Windows RT 8.1 update , Microsoft has a fix for ...

Google ships XE16.11 for Glass after units bricked
A quick heads up for those of you whose Google Glass might have gone south with the XE16.1 update: Google's on it, help is on the way, and we ...

Sony pulls PS3 firmware update on reports of bricked systems
Sony has temporarily taken down the version 4.45 PS3 system update that was supposed to provide "improved system stability" after a number of ...

COME ON, APPLE! Some iPhone 6 units still bricked in Australia after iOS 8.0.2 update
Apple was quick to issue a fix for its botched iOS 8.0.1 release that bricked iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models , as the company rolled out iOS 8.0.2 ...