B2G desktop mochitests now running

Just an fyi, b2g desktop mochitests are now running on all
mozilla-central based branches (this does not include mozilla-b2g26,
though if this is desired, I can look into it). They are running the
same set of mochitests as the b2g emulators, minus a few that had b2g
desktop specific issues (see bug 931116 for a list of which ones).

Please file test issues as blocking bugs to bug 931116.

The biggest outstanding issue is the inability to run a single test via
mach (see bug 927889 for more details or if you'd like to help investigate).

Thanks,
Andrew
0
Andrew
11/5/2013 7:31:26 PM
mozilla.dev.b2g 4036 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

B2G mochitests now use mochitest.ini manifests instead of b2g.json
For awhile now we've been using these hacky JSON based manifests to enable and disable mochitests on B2G. Now, thanks to the work of an awesome contributor (vaibhav1994), all the B2G mochitests are using the mochitest.ini format. This allows us to annotate tests with metadata, like whether the test should be skipped or not. What does this mean for you? If you are enabling/disabling, or adding a new mochitest, you now need to edit the 'mochitest.ini' file which lives in the same directory as your test file. For example, if I want to disable dom/media/tests/mochit...

running mochitests in B2G desktop build
Hi all, i followed the directions at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Using_the_B2G_desktop_client and https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Platform/Testing/Mochitests to run a mochitest in the B2G desktop build (on linux) for something i'm trying to land that's having issues on B2G. i'm hitting this error : JavaScript error: http://mochi.test:8888/tests/content/base/test/test_CSP_inlinestyle.html?autorun=1&closeWhenDone=1&logFile=%2Fhome%2Fimelven%2Fsrc%2Fmozilla-central%2Fobjdir-dbg%2F_tests%2Ftesting%2Fmochites...

running mochitests on B2G desktop builds
It's now possible to run mochitests on B2G desktop builds. Instructions are at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/B2G_Mochitests. If you run into any problems, please ping jgriffin on #ateam, or file bugs under Testing:Mochitest. Jonathan ...

b2g-info now subsumes b2g-procrank and b2g-ps
Dear all, I just merged b2g-info, a tool which gives you information about b2g processes running on a device, into gonk-misc. You can get this new tool by running ./repo sync and then rebuilding with ./build.sh. b2g-info is meant to subsume b2g-procrank and b2g-ps. It (hopefully) outputs all of the useful information from b2g-ps, b2g-procrank, b2g-procrank --nice, and b2g-procrank --oom plus some additional data in a (hopefully) easier-to-digest format. b2g-info is also faster than b2g-procrank, which makes a difference if you're running b2g-info repeatedly from a script. ...

mochitest-chrome tests now running on B2G emulators
A mochitest-chrome job is now running on B2G emulators, and appears in Treeherder as M(c). This job skips most existing chrome tests, since most of the existing tests are not compatible with B2G. But it provides a better alternative when writing mochitests that need chrome privileges than using SpecialPowers in mochitest-plain. If you want your new chrome mochitest to get run on B2G, just make sure it's written as an XHTML file and not a XUL one; see https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/mochitest/static/chrome.template.txt .. If you don't want your new ...

Is there *anyone* in Oslo who can run mochitests on b2g desktop??
If so, please talk to me, I can't get this to work. On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:42:23 PM UTC+2, Jan Jongboom wrote: > If so, please talk to me, I can't get this to work. (_virtualenv)52:mochitest janjongboom$ source ../../../_virtualenv/bin/acti= vate && python runtestsb2g.py --desktop --console-level INFO --profile ~/re= pos/gaia/profile --test-path ./obj-b2g/_tests/testing/mochitest/tests/dom/p= ermission/tests/test_keyboard.html --app ../../../dist/B2G.app/Contents/Ma= cOS/b2g INFO | automation.py | Launching: /Users/janjongboom/repos/mozilla-central-= ...

|mach mochitest-remote| and |mach mochitest-b2g-desktop| replaced by |mach mochitest-plain|
Bug 1046992 (just landed on inbound) removes the `mochitest-remote` and `mochitest-b2g-desktop` mach commands. Instead, simply run |mach mochitest-plain| like you would on desktop. The `mochitest-plain` command will detect what platform you have built and do the right thing. In the near future, I'll also be removing all of the suite specific (e.g |mach mochitest-chrome|) commands. The |mach mochitest| command will be the single entry point into the harness, no matter what flavor or platform you are using. On a related note, |mach mochitest-chrome| is also now available...

[signin][b2g] - B2G->dev merge
We have been discussing forceAuthentication, but there are other B2G features that must be merged into dev. So that JedP and I can prioritize, bisect, and tackle, can we get a list of features and any dependencies they have on other features? Off the top of my head I know of: * forceAuthentication * forceIssuer * allowUnverified * special TOS/PP handling - in B2G, TOS/PP links must be opened in an IFRAME instead of in a new tab. * A way of indicating experimental features Are there other new features that I am missing? We are actively discussing forceAuthentication, but t...

running B2G mochitests on try
We are now running a small set of mochitests on B2G emulators on all trunk trees. We'll be expanding this set of tests as quickly as we can. Meanwhile, if you'd like to run tests through try, here's how you can do it: - Use a platform field of ics_armv7a_gecko - Use a build type of 'o' (opt) - If you want to change the set of mochitests that are run, modify this file: http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/mochitest/b2g.json A complete try push syntax might look like: try: -b o -p ics_armv7a_gecko -t none -u mochitests Regards, Jona...

mailman config changed; text/html should now show up in dev-gaia and dev-b2g and links should not be corrupted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040907020305070007060305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Assuming all has gone well, the mailman list-server software we use for dev-b2g and dev-gaia should no longer force multipart/alternative mail messages to use the first sub-part (which is likely to be text/plain). What this means is that if you use the gmail web UI to talk on the list and your hyperlinks have ended up messed up, that should stop happening. (This, by definition, is/was a bug in gmail'...

mailman config changed; text/html should now show up in dev-gaia and dev-b2g and links should not be corrupted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040907020305070007060305 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Assuming all has gone well, the mailman list-server software we use for dev-b2g and dev-gaia should no longer force multipart/alternative mail messages to use the first sub-part (which is likely to be text/plain). What this means is that if you use the gmail web UI to talk on the list and your hyperlinks have ended up messed up, that should stop happening. (This, by definition, is/was a bug in gmail'...

Mach target for B2G desktop mochitests
If you have a B2G desktop build, you can now run ./mach mochitest-b2g-desktop (./mach help mochitest-b2g-desktop for more options). If your environment isn't set up properly, the command should guide you through the steps needed with helpful error messages. But for posterity, you need to: * pass in --profile or set GAIA_PROFILE to a non-debug gaia profile * have a marionette enabled build (ENABLE_MARIONETTE=1 in your mozconfig) -Andrew ...

Running B2G Desktop client in Linux
Hi, I am tring to run B2G Desktop client in Linux through simple script as below ********************** export B2G_HOMESCREEN=http://homescreen.gaiamobile.org/ /u/prakot/B2G/build/dist/bin/b2g -safe-mode -profile /u/prakot/B2G/gaia/profile ********************* as suggested in below link http://playingwithsid.blogspot.in/2012/03/building-boot2gecko-on-ubuntu.html And till not successfull in getting B2G Homescreen launched. Getting screen showing error-- "unable to connect, connection was refused when attempting to connect //homescreen.gaiamobile.org/, Is any special permi...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Merging dev-gaia and dev-b2g into dev-fxos
--001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hello people of Firefox OS, After a discussion we have decided that the distinction between dev-gaia and dev-b2g mailing lists is not enough to warrant maintaining two lists. So we are deprecating both in favor of dev-fxos. So if you are subscribed to one of the aforementioned lists, you will be subscribed to the new dev-fxos list and we will shortly be decommissioning dev-gaia and dev-b2g. Thanks! Michael --001a113ce93ebce35d051e4c0c73 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

Triaging b2g desktop mochitest failures (needinfo)
I'm trying to get mochitests stood up on b2g desktop builds. They are currently running on cedar [1] but there are some problems preventing me from rolling them out to the other trees. I might just need someone to tell me the tests should be disabled on b2g desktop. a. Bug 929090 [2] - uncaught exception when calling window.open b. Bug 927889 [3] - can't run a single mochitest file on its own c. Bug 916127 [4] - tracking bug with some other minor issues I'm likely going to run into other problems once this is done, so if you are interested in seeing b2g desktop moch...

Running unit tests inside B2G Desktop
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 4880 and 3156) --uSdk6tGQLJFPbH9dPo6LNwEELu0L8ULPO Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey, as you may know, we can run the unit tests in B2G Desktop (instead of Firefox). This is what's done in TBPL, and this is one of the causes we get backed out sometimes (because there are some differences). We don't run on Travis right now, because they're not passing completely yet, and we don't want to take Travis' valuable time for something that does not pass, but now yo...

Permissions context for mochitest and marionette suites running against B2G
Per the permissions matrix, there are four possible broad contexts: content, unprivileged webapp, privileged webapp, and certified webapp. What context do Marionette and Mochitests run in? Is it one or a combination, and can it be selectable on a per-test basis in any way? Understanding this would be valuable both for unattended permissions testing, and to know whether APIs can be tested in CI if they're certified-only. Geo ...

Getting mochitests to work against b2g-desktop on OSX. Need help (!!)
I can't get this shit to work, and already spent four hours on it. I have a working b2g-desktop build. $OBJDIR/dist/B2G.app/Contents/MacOS/b2g -profile $GAIADIR/profile-debug Now I want to run mochitests so I follow all the instructions on https://de= veloper.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Platform/Automated_testin= g/Mochitests?redirectlocale=3Den-US&redirectslug=3DMozilla%2FFirefox_OS%2FP= latform%2FTesting%2FMochitests $ cd $OBJDIR/_tests/testing/mochitest $ python runtestsb2g.py --desktop --console-level INFO --profile $GAIADIR/p= rofile-debug Traceback...

dev.b2g and dev.gaia redundancy?
I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately in the dev.b2g and dev.gaia newsgroups. Are the original motivations for having distinct groups still still applicable? Would things be easier for more people if we collapsed down to one group? Is that an awful idea? - A +1, half the emails are sent to both lists to take it further I am sitting alone in #fxos on irc On 4 December 2013 00:22, Asa Dotzler <asa@mozilla.com> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the project but I see more overlap than not lately > in the dev.b2g and dev....

Firefox OS fonts now used in Simulator and other B2G desktop runtimes
--001a11c2a570be72a70508b39b4b Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 TLDR: If you download a recent Simulator addon or B2G desktop build, it will look more like a real device, because you'll see it use the same fonts as Firefox OS. Details: - You'll see the fonts in the latest Firefox OS 2.2 simulator addon (published today) e.g. in WebIDE. - They are being bundled in Mulet and B2G desktop builds on TBPL since a week or two. - It only took 65 patch uploads over 6 bugs in 8 months, with several back outs and many entertaining random test failures[1]. - The fonts c...

Firefox OS fonts now used in Simulator and other B2G desktop runtimes
--001a11c2a570be72a70508b39b4b Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 TLDR: If you download a recent Simulator addon or B2G desktop build, it will look more like a real device, because you'll see it use the same fonts as Firefox OS. Details: - You'll see the fonts in the latest Firefox OS 2.2 simulator addon (published today) e.g. in WebIDE. - They are being bundled in Mulet and B2G desktop builds on TBPL since a week or two. - It only took 65 patch uploads over 6 bugs in 8 months, with several back outs and many entertaining random test failures[1]. - The fonts c...

Propose to drop Run-Gaia-in-Firefox-Nightly support, and switch to B2G Desktop
Hi all, :gerv complained to me sometime ago on IRC that he can't get Gaia to work following https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Developing_Gaia/Running_the_Gaia_codebase#Running_Gaia_in_Desktop_Firefox and only to realize this was broken for quite some time after confirming with people on IRC. Imagine frustration of any other community hackers out there. It's not a surprise that Fx Nightly support remain broken and no one is fixing it. MoCo/partner developers generally have devices at hand so we almost always use Phone + App Manager/WebIDE. The Nightly envi...

Re: Propose to drop Run-Gaia-in-Firefox-Nightly support, and switch to B2G Desktop
Alex, I am interested to know what's extra for Mulet, beside for Mulet itself. So Mulet will be a replacement of B2G Desktop, so that means Gij Gip will be migrate there right? That would make Mulet fits my requirement of "protected under CI" if these CI profiles are exactly the same as we offered to the developers (i.e. no separate Mock APIs will be maintained separately). Also, use Mulet over Nightly still means we will be giving up F5 right? How do you feel about the feasibility of implementing livereload for package apps? On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Y...

Web resources about - B2G desktop mochitests now running - mozilla.dev.b2g

Autophone Status Update 2013-07-20 »
... (Android 4.0.4/Mali-400 MP) , samsung-gs3-2 (Android 4.0.4/Mali-400 MP) and atrix-1 (Android 4.0.4/Adreno 225)> are all green with the Mochitest-Canvas ...

Videos - Code Firefox
Videos Cheatsheet About Available Unavailable Videos Getting ready for development Setting up a Windows Firefox build environment Setting up ...

mitcho > blog
One of the last bugs for Firefox Panorama was bug 625818: “Check Panorama mochitest test suite coverage” . Our automated tests ensure that we ...

Mozilla Firefox Bug Fixes
You are viewing information archived from Mozilla.org on 2014-02-12. skip to Navigation switch language Mozilla Firefox mozilla Desktop Features ...

Dknite's Lair
Just another WordPress.com weblog

JAWS
Cooler than the other side of the pillow

Archive
ZPAO is Paul O’Shannessy About + Contact Archive Archive 2013-11-12 Do We Need Node? 2013-10-03 This is some good SHIT 2013-05-10 Adding Line ...

Last week in the “Accessible” module, March 24, 2008 →
Last week, we focused mostly on some solidification on our code and test framework. We are having some strange problems with tests failing randomly ...

That’s what I’m talking about
Bread and Circuits Philosophy for the programming set, served on home made bread Skip to content About – David Humphrey Reading Open Data « Taking ...

Bug List
Bugzilla@Mozilla New Account - Log In or Remember [x] - Forgot Password Login: [x] Home - New - Browse - Search - [ help ] - Reports - Product ...