ReferenceError: ChromeUtils is not defined

Hi There,

I am working on developing plugin which supports thunderbird 68 + versions with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I am not using XUL or I do not have plan to use it.

I tried to use ChromeUtils in my javascript file but thunderbird error console shows error. It gives below error

ReferenceError: ChromeUtils is not defined.

My questions are,

1)Does ChromeUtils not supported on thunderbird 68+ version ?
2)Is there any alternative way to use it ? I am not using XUL anyways.
3)With thunderbird 68+, is it possible to use JSM file like ChromeUtils.import("resource://gre/modules/ctypes.jsm");

Any help would be apricated.

Just fyi, from the one of stackoverflow links it looks ChromeUtils  is no longer supported with thunderbird 68+ version but I am not sure about it. So just posted the question here if anyone is aware of it.

Thanks,
Wilson
0
Robert
12/12/2019 11:56:59 AM
mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird 3453 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow