Modification of message display pane

I'm trying to develop an internal Thunderbird add-on that displays a toolba=
r above each message. So when a client sends us an email we can see what ac=
count they are with and click a button to view their account in the browser=
.. The original extension was based off of this "domain age checker" add-on =
in order to obtain message information and then inside overlay-warn.js I us=
ed `document.getElementById("singlemessage")` to start manipulating the DOM=
 and inserted my green message status bar: https://i.imgur.com/LGzqegg.png

However, this was unreliable in Thunderbird v60 and doesn't appear to work =
at all in the beta version or v69 Daily.

Obviously, this was a hack. So I'm trying to figure out how to do this corr=
ectly (or at all lol) in the new versions? I'm looking at these docs but I'=
m not seeing any way to obtain a reference to the current message being vie=
wed.

I'm also not seeing any clear way to do overlays like this in the new versi=
on of Thunderbird.

Anybody know what to do here? I'm pretty new at Thunderbird extensions so I=
 need some help here. (https://developer.thunderbird.net/ was a great resou=
rce so far. I was able to get a toolbar widget going for configuration opti=
ons)

Thanks!

-- Chris
0
mechris13524
6/5/2019 9:22:17 PM
mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird 3418 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow