annoying per-posting choice when composing as "BOTH, html + plaintext"

when posting to a usenet newsgroup (not an e-mail, might be different there)
one seemingly cannot enforce the preset "send all newsgroup postings as both:  HTML as well as plain-text".

one has to confirm this option on every single posting, which is annoying and repetitive.

I did a google search but they just refer to the settings which can be found easily, so that was not too illuminating.

I use both TB 68-latest as well as 73-nightly on Linux.
0
UTF
1/20/2020 3:46:34 AM
mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird 3443 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Change the dropdown in "Send Options" to "Send the message in both plain
text and HTML", rather than "Ask me what to do".

On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 at 21:50, =F0=9F=87=B0=F0=9F=87=AD =F0=9F=87=A8=F0=9F=
=87=B2=F0=9F=87=A7=F0=9F=87=AE =F0=9F=87=A7=F0=9F=87=AB <me@use.net> wrote:

> when posting to a usenet newsgroup (not an e-mail, might be different
> there)
> one seemingly cannot enforce the preset "send all newsgroup postings as
> both:  HTML as well as plain-text".
>
> one has to confirm this option on every single posting, which is annoying
> and repetitive.
>
> I did a google search but they just refer to the settings which can be
> found easily, so that was not too illuminating.
>
> I use both TB 68-latest as well as 73-nightly on Linux.

--=20
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston
0
Robert
1/20/2020 4:16:47 AM
On 1/20/20 5:16 AM, Robert Johnston usenetted:
> Change the dropdown in "Send Options" to "Send the message in both plain
> text and HTML", rather than "Ask me what to do".

sure, I know that setting. It does, however, not have the desired effect, if any effect at all.

it does not force unconfirmed sending of BOTH plain and html.
0
UTF
--------------67C378F4C767E22F9AC1FE84

On 1/20/20 5:20 AM, 🇰🇭 🇨🇲🇧🇮 🇧🇫 wrote:
> On 1/20/20 5:16 AM, Robert Johnston usenetted:
>> Change the dropdown in "Send Options" to "Send the message in both plain
>> text and HTML", rather than "Ask me what to do".
>>

> sure, I know that setting. It does, however, not have the desired
> effect, if any effect at all.
>
> it does not force unconfirmed sending of BOTH plain and html.

wonder if the preset works now...

--------------67C378F4C767E22F9AC1FE84

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:Cv6dnbSYtPMUt7jDnZ2dnUU7-IGdnZ2d@mozilla.org">On 1/20/20
      5:16 AM, Robert Johnston usenetted:
        "Send the message in both plain
        text and HTML", rather than "Ask me what to do".
      sure, I know that setting. It does, however, not have the desired
      effect, if any effect at all.
      it does not force unconfirmed sending of BOTH plain and html.
    wonder if the preset works now...<br>

--------------67C378F4C767E22F9AC1FE84--
0
user
1/20/2020 5:06:06 AM
well it works for me in Nighly-74. I added HTML-domain    .

like . as the TLD / FQDN

not sure whether it contributed to it working without confirmation.

The HTML editor still falls back to AUTO DETECT though
and ignores the BOTH rich+plain preset.

not quite ideal!

ThuBi-74 nightlly does not quite honour

  the preset for composing-mode "plain + rich"  like one would expect.

0
user
--------------2D409DF108E3AED4BC1A96DA

:-P

not quite what one would wish for in this department. O:-)

TB74 always falls back to AUTO DETECT /composing-mode/, no matter _what_.

--------------2D409DF108E3AED4BC1A96DA

  <head>
  </head>
    not quite what one would wish for in this department. <span
    TB74 always falls back to AUTO DETECT  <i>composing-mode</i>, no