"Me" is better than "You"

Yes I know, strings are frozen.
But let me talk about it, I really can't get through the idea of a PC
talkin to me.

I consider my PC as an extension of myself, not a dumb companion who
addresses Me as You. Yes there are times when I get angry with Him while
I work and get wrong calculations etc.., but it really is my fault, Me
using wrong istructions and eventually wanting to find someone else to
blame, but it's Me. And yes, I consider Thunderbird my mail program,
reading my mail on my PC as Me.

So I personally like to have Me in the header bar as a compact address
not You.
"Hey, You got mail!" no no no I got mail, trough You....

Do You understand Me?
0
Lorenzo
10/2/2009 12:29:17 PM
mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird 3424 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Is "union" better than "or"?
Hi, I have a table called Customers that has about 1,000,000 records and with last_name indexed. Now I want to retrieve all customer records with last_name start with "BA", "ba", "Ba", or "bA". I have two queries (in order to let the execution plan use the index, the lower(last_name) function is avoid): one is using "union" and the other using "or" as follows: The first query: select convert(numeric(8,0), customer_id) customer_id, lower(first_name) first_name, lower(last_name) last_name into #cust_tmp ...

Using "+" or "||"

"To" and "From" missing

double quote

"Using" or "With"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

replace the "." with a ","

"JROC" / "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ"
I just started a new contract and the tech lead told me that he wanted me to become familiar with something called "JROC" (among some other tools). I've been searching the web and I haven't found any dev tool called "JROC." Based on the name of the tool, it sounds like it encapsulates some javascript functionality. I have tried searching for different spellings - "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ" but I haven't found any matches. Have you ever heard of a dev tool by this name?...

"SSL" "Mail" and "Code"
Does anybody know of any discussions taking place within Mozilla regarding these 3 bits in the certificate manager? Perhaps I've missed something in the discussions here. In any case, I think a new mechanism for indicating trust w/in the Mozilla apps are needed. Take for example the "StartCom Certification Authority" root. The Certificate Manager (I'm using Firefox on Windows) says it can identify web sites, email users, and code yet the cert itself says it can only be used for signing other certs (essentially, that is). At a minimum this is confusing but I have...

Web resources about - "Me" is better than "You" - mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird