SeaMonkey doesn't support the toolkit?

I've just gotten this answer:

 > Nope, sorry.  Seamonkey doesn't support the toolkit way of doing
 > things, and the wizard only supports that way
 > (using chrome.manifest and install.rdf).

Is this true? Are there any plan to support it as well?

O. Wyss
0
Otto
4/14/2006 8:02:16 AM
mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey 1567 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Otto Wyss wrote:

> I've just gotten this answer:
>
>> Nope, sorry.  Seamonkey doesn't support the toolkit way of doing
>> things, and the wizard only supports that way (using chrome.manifest
>> and install.rdf).
>
> Is this true? Are there any plan to support it as well?

Correct; 1.5 is planned to support toolkit.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.
0
Neil wrote:
> Otto Wyss wrote:
>
>> I've just gotten this answer:
>>
>>> Nope, sorry.  Seamonkey doesn't support the toolkit way of doing
>>> things, and the wizard only supports that way (using chrome.manifest
>>> and install.rdf).
>> Is this true? Are there any plan to support it as well?
>
> Correct; 1.5 is planned to support toolkit.

Any idea when this will be? Do the nightly builds already have toolkit
support?

O. Wyss

--
Cross-platform: http://wyoguide.sf.net/index.php?page=Cross-platform.html
0
Otto Wyss wrote:
> Neil wrote:
>> Otto Wyss wrote:
>>
>>> I've just gotten this answer:

>>> Is this true? Are there any plan to support it as well?
>>
>> Correct; 1.5 is planned to support toolkit.
>>
> Any idea when this will be? Do the nightly builds already have toolkit
> support?

Current estimate would be a release in 2007-Q1;
the work toward that goal has recently actively begun on Trunk:
you can start reading the wiki from
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/>.
0
Serge
4/14/2006 9:52:10 PM
Otto Wyss schrieb:
> Neil wrote:
>> Otto Wyss wrote:
>> Correct; 1.5 is planned to support toolkit.
>>
> Any idea when this will be? Do the nightly builds already have toolkit
> support?

We're working on it, but we have no builds that do even run correctly
with that yet, though on Linux they do at least compile now.

Various reports in this newsgroup about "MOZ_XUL_APP=1" builds or the
stuff now internally codenamed "suiterunner" are exactly about that
work, actually...

Robert Kaiser
0
Robert