Re: 2.53.1's about:crashes' report ID link doesn't work.

On 3/6/2020 10:15 AM, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I just had my very first crash in v2.53.1 while opening a couple new web
> site tabs. I shared my report and restarted SeaMonkey v2.53.1. I went to
> its about:crashes web page, but its report ID link doesn't work and its
> URL shows http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/about/throttling. Is anyone
> else having this problem too if you shared your crash reports? :(
>
> What's up? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

I just had another crash and was able to send a new crash report. Hmm, I
had two crashes since I installed v2.53.1 on its public release day.
What about the rest of you?
--
I'm a Rhytidoponera metallica (Green-head ant) species today so no
pinching me. :P
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )
0
Ant
3/18/2020 6:53:35 AM
mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey 1552 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Ant wrote:
> On 3/6/2020 10:15 AM, Ant wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I just had my very first crash in v2.53.1 while opening a couple new
>> web site tabs. I shared my report and restarted SeaMonkey v2.53.1. I
>> went to its about:crashes web page, but its report ID link doesn't
>> work and its URL shows
>> http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/about/throttling. Is anyone else having
>> this problem too if you shared your crash reports? :(
>>
>> What's up? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
>
> I just had another crash and was able to send a new crash report. Hmm, I
> had two crashes since I installed v2.53.1 on its public release day.
> What about the rest of you?

The problem seems to have been fixed around 9 days ago, and as FRG says:
doubleclick on the previous entries if you want to send them.
--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/
0
Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>> On 3/6/2020 10:15 AM, Ant wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I just had my very first crash in v2.53.1 while opening a couple new web
>>> site tabs. I shared my report and restarted SeaMonkey v2.53.1. I went to
>>> its about:crashes web page, but its report ID link doesn't work and its URL
>>> shows http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/about/throttling. Is anyone else
>>> having this problem too if you shared your crash reports? :(
>>>
>>> What's up? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
>>
>> I just had another crash and was able to send a new crash report. Hmm, I had
>> two crashes since I installed v2.53.1 on its public release day. What about
>> the rest of you?
>
> The problem seems to have been fixed around 9 days ago, and as FRG says:
> doubleclick on the previous entries if you want to send them.

I suspect he meant if you have crashes. So far what I see is that the volume
is low but might mean not many still using SeaMonkey or upgraded. I fixed
about 5 top crashers for 2.53.2 and a bunch of other bug fixes in too.

FRG
0
Frank
3/18/2020 11:11:38 AM
Ant wrote:
> On 3/6/2020 10:15 AM, Ant wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I just had my very first crash in v2.53.1 while opening a couple new
>> web site tabs. I shared my report and restarted SeaMonkey v2.53.1. I
>> went to its about:crashes web page, but its report ID link doesn't
>> work and its URL shows
>> http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/about/throttling. Is anyone else having
>> this problem too if you shared your crash reports? :(
>>
>> What's up? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
>
> I just had another crash and was able to send a new crash report. Hmm, I
> had two crashes since I installed v2.53.1 on its public release day.
> What about the rest of you?

Have not had any crashes yet.
0
EE
3/18/2020 4:54:11 PM
On 3/18/2020 4:11 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>> Ant wrote:

>>> I just had another crash and was able to send a new crash report.
>>> Hmm, I had two crashes since I installed v2.53.1 on its public
>>> release day. What about the rest of you?
>>
>> The problem seems to have been fixed around 9 days ago, and as FRG
>> says: doubleclick on the previous entries if you want to send them.
>
> I suspect he meant if you have crashes. So far what I see is that the
> volume is low but might mean not many still using SeaMonkey or upgraded.
> I fixed about 5 top crashers for 2.53.2 and a bunch of other bug fixes
> in too.

Yea and thanks. Which top five crashers?
--
"Stan, are you OK?" --Francine; "Yeah. Hey, you look like ants from down
here. Wait, wait, those are just ants on my eyes..." --Stan from
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\                     http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.ma.cx /
   / /\ /\ \                                 http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )
0
Ant
3/18/2020 9:18:47 PM
On 3/18/2020 2:18 PM, Ant wrote:
> On 3/18/2020 4:11 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>> Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:

>>> The problem seems to have been fixed around 9 days ago, and as FRG
>>> says: doubleclick on the previous entries if you want to send them.
>>
>> I suspect he meant if you have crashes. So far what I see is that the
>> volume is low but might mean not many still using SeaMonkey or
>> upgraded. I fixed about 5 top crashers for 2.53.2 and a bunch of other
>> bug fixes in too.
>
> Yea and thanks. Which top five crashers?

I just had another crash after
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/9ace6561-4646-4dfa-8bc7-13e2d0200318
from 2/28/2020:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/9ace6561-4646-4dfa-8bc7-13e2d0200318.
Yeah, v2.53.1 isn't very stable as earlier versions.   :/ However, it's
still mostly stable to me. So far, I have had three crashes since it
came out and I installed it.
--
...!.. COVID-19/2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2! Psalm 91!
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\                     http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.ma.cx /
   / /\ /\ \                                 http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )
0
Ant
3/28/2020 1:16:28 AM
Ant wrote on 3/28/20 2:16 AM:
> On 3/18/2020 2:18 PM, Ant wrote:

>>> I suspect he meant if you have crashes. So far what I see is that the volume
>>> is low but might mean not many still using SeaMonkey or upgraded. I fixed
>>> about 5 top crashers for 2.53.2 and a bunch of other bug fixes in too.
>>
>> Yea and thanks. Which top five crashers?
>
> I just had another crash after
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/9ace6561-4646-4dfa-8bc7-13e2d0200318 from
> 2/28/2020:
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/9ace6561-4646-4dfa-8bc7-13e2d0200318.
> Yeah, v2.53.1 isn't very stable as earlier versions.   :/ However, it's still
> mostly stable to me. So far, I have had three crashes since it came out and I
> installed it.

this are only two. ¿ where are the other three, Ant ?

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
SeaMonkey/2.53.1 beta 1
Build identifier: 20191230001009

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
         -- Albert Einstein
0
GerardJan
3/28/2020 6:33:02 AM
On 3/27/2020 11:33 PM, GerardJan wrote:
> Ant wrote on 3/28/20 2:16 AM:

>>> Yea and thanks. Which top five crashers?
>>
>> I just had another crash after
>> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/9ace6561-4646-4dfa-8bc7-13e2d0200318
>> from 2/28/2020:
>> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/9ace6561-4646-4dfa-8bc7-13e2d0200318.
>> Yeah, v2.53.1 isn't very stable as earlier versions.   :/ However,
>> it's still mostly stable to me. So far, I have had three crashes since
>> it came out and I installed it.
>
> this are only two. ¿ where are the other three, Ant ?

I never got to upload the first one since I accidently deleted it. :(
--
...!.. COVID-19/2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2! Psalm 91!
this signature correctly.
    /\___/\                     http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.ma.cx /
   / /\ /\ \                                 http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )
0
Ant
3/28/2020 7:28:24 AM
Ant wrote:
> On 3/27/2020 11:33 PM, GerardJan wrote:
>> Ant wrote on 3/28/20 2:16 AM:

>>> I just had another crash after
>>> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/9ace6561-4646-4dfa-8bc7-13e2d0200318
>>> from 2/28/2020:
>>> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/9ace6561-4646-4dfa-8bc7-13e2d0200318.
>>> Yeah, v2.53.1 isn't very stable as earlier versions.   :/ However, it's
>>> still mostly stable to me. So far, I have had three crashes since it came
>>> out and I installed it.
>>
>> this are only two. ¿ where are the other three, Ant ?
>
> I never got to upload the first one since I accidently deleted it. :(

I backported bug 1485253 to 2.53.2 but not sure if it will help. The
Thunderbird and Firefox bugs (Bug 1277167) for this specific error are still
open and unfixed. I never encountered it so not sure what could cause it.

FRG
0
Frank
3/28/2020 12:26:57 PM
On 3/18/2020 7:11 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>> Ant wrote:

>>> I just had another crash and was able to send a new crash report.
>>> Hmm, I had two crashes since I installed v2.53.1 on its public
>>> release day. What about the rest of you?
>>
>> The problem seems to have been fixed around 9 days ago, and as FRG
>> says: doubleclick on the previous entries if you want to send them.
>
> I suspect he meant if you have crashes. So far what I see is that the
> volume is low but might mean not many still using SeaMonkey or upgraded.
> I fixed about 5 top crashers for 2.53.2 and a bunch of other bug fixes
> in too.
>
> FRG

I have waited on 2.53.1 to see how stable it is since it was a big jump.
I don't have time to deal with a lot of issues. Sounds like I should
wait for 2.53.2 perhaps?  I'm starting to have a lot of websites that
don't work with 2.49.5 so maybe that is not smart.

When do you think we will see a release of the next 53.x?  IF it is
short sounds like I should wait.
0
Hawker
3/30/2020 7:30:44 PM
Hawker wrote:
> On 3/18/2020 7:11 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>> Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:

>>> The problem seems to have been fixed around 9 days ago, and as FRG says:
>>> doubleclick on the previous entries if you want to send them.
>>
>> I suspect he meant if you have crashes. So far what I see is that the volume
>> is low but might mean not many still using SeaMonkey or upgraded. I fixed
>> about 5 top crashers for 2.53.2 and a bunch of other bug fixes in too.
>>
>> FRG
>
> I have waited on 2.53.1 to see how stable it is since it was a big jump. I
> don't have time to deal with a lot of issues. Sounds like I should wait for
> 2.53.2 perhaps?  I'm starting to have a lot of websites that don't work with
> 2.49.5 so maybe that is not smart.
>
> When do you think we will see a release of the next 53.x?  IF it is short
> sounds like I should wait.

We plan to build the 2.53.2 beta this week. Ewong usually needs a few days to
upload it then. Release 2-3 weeks later if nothing serious comes up.

FRG
0
Frank
3/31/2020 8:53:03 AM
On 3/31/2020 4:53 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> Hawker wrote:

>>> I suspect he meant if you have crashes. So far what I see is that the
>>> volume is low but might mean not many still using SeaMonkey or
>>> upgraded. I fixed about 5 top crashers for 2.53.2 and a bunch of
>>> other bug fixes in too.
>>>
>>> FRG
>>
>> I have waited on 2.53.1 to see how stable it is since it was a big
>> jump. I don't have time to deal with a lot of issues. Sounds like I
>> should wait for 2.53.2 perhaps?  I'm starting to have a lot of
>> websites that don't work with 2.49.5 so maybe that is not smart.
>>
>> When do you think we will see a release of the next 53.x?  IF it is
>> short sounds like I should wait.
>
> We plan to build the 2.53.2 beta this week. Ewong usually needs a few
> days to upload it then. Release 2-3 weeks later if nothing serious comes
> up.
>
> FRG

Thank you for the clear information.
I went digging to see what I could find to download and found 2.53.3 but
not 2.53.2  Are you perhaps going to skip 0.2 and go to .3 or have a .3
quickly after?
0
Hawker
3/31/2020 1:29:28 PM
Hawker wrote:
> On 3/31/2020 4:53 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>> Hawker wrote:

>>> I have waited on 2.53.1 to see how stable it is since it was a big jump. I
>>> don't have time to deal with a lot of issues. Sounds like I should wait for
>>> 2.53.2 perhaps?  I'm starting to have a lot of websites that don't work
>>> with 2.49.5 so maybe that is not smart.
>>>
>>> When do you think we will see a release of the next 53.x?  IF it is short
>>> sounds like I should wait.
>>
>> We plan to build the 2.53.2 beta this week. Ewong usually needs a few days
>> to upload it then. Release 2-3 weeks later if nothing serious comes up.
>>
>> FRG
>
> Thank you for the clear information.
> I went digging to see what I could find to download and found 2.53.3 but not
> 2.53.2  Are you perhaps going to skip 0.2 and go to .3 or have a .3 quickly
> after?

2.53.3 b1 pre is the unofficial version and base for ... right: 2.53.3 beta 1.
We branched 2.53.2 last week but it still gets some late fixes. Currently they
are mostly identical.

FRG
0
Frank