Paage is 404 and Bad E-mail Address

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

I have a newly installed SeaMonkey 2.49.5 x64.  Since it is x64, I
installed the latest x64 version of Java.

On the SeaMonkey menu bar, I selected [Help > About Plugins] and saw
only Flash.  Below the title "Installed plugins" and the information
about Flash is a line that says
> Missing something? Some plugins are no longer supported.   Learn More.
I selected the "Learn More" link
<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/npapi>, which gave me
> Page Not Found
> We're sorry, but we can't find what you're looking for.

Furthermore, that page contains the advice
> If you followed a link from somewhere, please let us know at
> webmaster@seamonkey-project.org. Tell us where you came from and what
> you were looking for, and we'll do our best to fix it.

I sent the suggested information to <webmaster@seamonkey-project.org>.
I got a bounce message with "Mail delivery failed: returning message to
sender" and the following mesage body:

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Immigration authorities arrested 680 undocumented aliens in meat
processing facilities in Mississippi.  Employing someone who is not
legally in the U.S. is also illegal.  How many of the EMPLOYERS are
being criminally charged?  If none, why not?
0
David
9/4/2019 6:45:48 PM
mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey 1529 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 9/4/2019 11:45 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

> I have a newly installed SeaMonkey 2.49.5 x64.  Since it is x64, I
> installed the latest x64 version of Java.
>
> On the SeaMonkey menu bar, I selected [Help > About Plugins] and saw
> only Flash.  Below the title "Installed plugins" and the information
> about Flash is a line that says
>> Missing something? Some plugins are no longer supported.

The missing links and email bounces are a valid concern, but if you
don't already know the background info:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Plugins/Roadmap
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/npapi-plugins
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1220320

Sounds like Java might work in the 32-bit version, but not beyond 52esr,
unless SeaMonkey does something to back out Firefox changes.

Do you use websites that still make use of the Java plugin?
0
Steve
9/4/2019 7:03:51 PM
On 9/4/2019 12:03 PM, Steve Wendt wrote:
> On 9/4/2019 11:45 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> I have a newly installed SeaMonkey 2.49.5 x64.  Since it is x64, I
>> installed the latest x64 version of Java.
>>
>> On the SeaMonkey menu bar, I selected [Help > About Plugins] and saw
>> only Flash.  Below the title "Installed plugins" and the information
>> about Flash is a line that says
>>> Missing something? Some plugins are no longer supported.
>
> The missing links and email bounces are a valid concern, but if you
> don't already know the background info:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Plugins/Roadmap
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/npapi-plugins
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1220320
>
> Sounds like Java might work in the 32-bit version, but not beyond 52esr,
> unless SeaMonkey does something to back out Firefox changes.
>
> Do you use websites that still make use of the Java plugin?

I am not sure if I do visit Web sites requiring Java (other than the
Java test site itself).  I used to visit just one Java-using site, but
that site no longer esixts.

Having Java on my PC, I have always updated it when new versions were
released.  Today, I updated SeaMonkey, not only to 2.49.5 but also to
the x64 version.  I recalled that the Java Web site indicated that I
should have both x32 and x64 versions if I have x32 and x64 browsers.  I
have x32 Internet Explorer and the new x64 SeaMonkey, so I installed
updates of both versions of Java.  I successfully tested the x32 Java
against Internet Explorer and then found I oculd not test the x64 Java
against SeaMonkey.

I will keep both versions of Java for now because I am unsure whether
any other software on my PC requires it.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Immigration authorities arrested 680 undocumented aliens in meat
processing facilities in Mississippi.  Employing someone who is not
legally in the U.S. is also illegal.  How many of the EMPLOYERS are
being criminally charged?  If none, why not?
0
David
9/4/2019 8:18:18 PM
On 2019-09-04 2:45 p.m., David E. Ross wrote:
> Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
>
> I have a newly installed SeaMonkey 2.49.5 x64.  Since it is x64, I
> installed the latest x64 version of Java.
>
> On the SeaMonkey menu bar, I selected [Help > About Plugins] and saw
> only Flash.  Below the title "Installed plugins" and the information
> about Flash is a line that says
>> Missing something? Some plugins are no longer supported.   Learn More.
> I selected the "Learn More" link
> <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/npapi>, which gave me
>> Page Not Found
>> We're sorry, but we can't find what you're looking for.

I explained the reason for the link not working in the following post:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.support.seamonkey/YtYNlygR9mU/twuJww8-BAAJ
0
Chris