Acrobat (and its plugin) has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 as the default mail program.

Hi,

Acrobat (I still use 7.1 Professional) in WinXP (and its plugin) has problems
mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 as the default mail program. I get the (not very
helpful) message "Beim Senden von Nachrichten ist ein Fehler aufgetreten" (rough
translation: An error has happened while sending messages).

This used to work with SeaMonkey 1.1.x.

Any idea?

Should I open a bug report?

Regards,
  Wolfgang

0
Dr
11/10/2009 1:09:27 PM
mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey 1531 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Dr. Wolfgang Roeckelein schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Acrobat (I still use 7.1 Professional) in WinXP (and its plugin) has problems
> mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 as the default mail program. I get the (not very
> helpful) message "Beim Senden von Nachrichten ist ein Fehler aufgetreten" (rough
> translation: An error has happened while sending messages).
>
> This used to work with SeaMonkey 1.1.x.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Should I open a bug report?
How do you send mail via plug-in?
Did you make sure that SM2 can send emails successfully at all?
(composing a message manually)
regards

Martin

x-post & f'up m.s.seamonkey
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii
0
Martin
11/11/2009 12:11:39 AM
Martin Freitag wrote:
> Dr. Wolfgang Roeckelein schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Acrobat (I still use 7.1 Professional) in WinXP (and its plugin) has problems
>> mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 as the default mail program. I get the (not very
>> helpful) message "Beim Senden von Nachrichten ist ein Fehler aufgetreten" (rough
>> translation: An error has happened while sending messages).
>>
>> This used to work with SeaMonkey 1.1.x.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Should I open a bug report?
> How do you send mail via plug-in?
> Did you make sure that SM2 can send emails successfully at all?
> (composing a message manually)
> regards
>
> Martin

He did not send a mail via a plug-in, Acrobat try to send a mail using
SM2. IMHO, you should read his text as ...
 >> Acrobat has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0
 >> as the default mail program.
 >> (I use Acrobat 7.1 Professional (and its plugin) under the WinXP OS).
0
Ray_Net

>> Dr. Wolfgang Roeckelein schrieb:
>>> Acrobat has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0
>>> as the default mail program.
>>> (I use Acrobat 7.1 Professional (and its plugin) under the WinXP OS).

It seems that the default mail program feature has problem with SM 2.0 on WinXP
OS, when I try sending from Windows Explorere with right-click and send-to mail
recipient is also did not work.

Reason was: While Seamonkey installed itself successfully as the default email
program, the check box "Enable access to this program" for the Seamonkey entry
in "Set Program Access and Defaults" became somehow unchecked in the course of
the migration from Seamonkey 1.1 to 2.0. This checkbox was not set by Seamonkey
while making itself the default email program. I now manually set this checkbox
and everything is working again.

Regards,
  Wolfgang

0
Dr
11/11/2009 11:30:22 AM
Ray_Net wrote:
> Martin Freitag wrote:
>> Dr. Wolfgang Roeckelein schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Acrobat (I still use 7.1 Professional) in WinXP (and its plugin) has
>>> problems
>>> mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 as the default mail program. I get the
>>> (not very
>>> helpful) message "Beim Senden von Nachrichten ist ein Fehler
>>> aufgetreten" (rough
>>> translation: An error has happened while sending messages).
>>>
>>> This used to work with SeaMonkey 1.1.x.
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>>
>>> Should I open a bug report?
>> How do you send mail via plug-in?
>> Did you make sure that SM2 can send emails successfully at all?
>> (composing a message manually)
>> regards
>>
>> Martin
>>
> He did not send a mail via a plug-in, Acrobat try to send a mail using
> SM2. IMHO, you should read his text as ...
>  >> Acrobat has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0
>  >> as the default mail program.
>  >> (I use Acrobat 7.1 Professional (and its plugin) under the WinXP OS).

A bit offtopic- but IMO Foxit Reader does a better job as a PDF reader-
it's small, loads fast, and the browser plugin also works like a charm!

-------------------------------------
"One Disk to rule them all,
  One Disk to Find them.
  One Disk to hold the Files
  and in the Darkness grind them."
-------------------------------------
0
Rex
11/11/2009 4:42:32 PM
Ray_Net wrote:
> Martin Freitag wrote:
>> Dr. Wolfgang Roeckelein schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Acrobat (I still use 7.1 Professional) in WinXP (and its plugin) has problems
>>> mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 as the default mail program. I get the (not very
>>> helpful) message "Beim Senden von Nachrichten ist ein Fehler aufgetreten" (rough
>>> translation: An error has happened while sending messages).
>>>
>>> This used to work with SeaMonkey 1.1.x.
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>>
>>> Should I open a bug report?
>> How do you send mail via plug-in?
>> Did you make sure that SM2 can send emails successfully at all?
>> (composing a message manually)
>> regards
>>
>> Martin
>>
> He did not send a mail via a plug-in, Acrobat try to send a mail using
> SM2. IMHO, you should read his text as ...
>   >>  Acrobat has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0
>   >>  as the default mail program.
>   >>  (I use Acrobat 7.1 Professional (and its plugin) under the WinXP OS).

Acrobat has a problem period sending email by any Mozilla Product. They
claim that Mozilla products don't use the right  type of Mbox they only
support Apple Mail, Eudora, and Entourage.
mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
11/11/2009 6:37:29 PM
On 11/11/2009 10:37 AM, Phillip Jones wrote:
> Ray_Net wrote:
>> Martin Freitag wrote:

>>> How do you send mail via plug-in?
>>> Did you make sure that SM2 can send emails successfully at all?
>>> (composing a message manually)
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Martin
>>>
>> He did not send a mail via a plug-in, Acrobat try to send a mail using
>> SM2. IMHO, you should read his text as ...
>>   >>  Acrobat has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0
>>   >>  as the default mail program.
>>   >>  (I use Acrobat 7.1 Professional (and its plugin) under the WinXP OS).
>
> Acrobat has a problem period sending email by any Mozilla Product. They
> claim that Mozilla products don't use the right  type of Mbox they only
> support Apple Mail, Eudora, and Entourage.

Hmmm....
http://www.eudora.com/press/2006/eudora-mozilla_final_10.11.06.html
[QUALCOMM Launches Project in Collaboration with Mozilla Foundation to
Develop Open Source Version of Eudora Email Program]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/penelope
[Penelope is an open source extension to the Mozilla Thunderbird mail
application.]

Also note that Acrobat uses mozilla code.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mozilla-based.html

But this might be of more interest to the OP:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/456131
[Acrobat 7.1 Professional sends no more emails]
0
NoOp
11/11/2009 8:11:45 PM
Phillip Jones wrote:

> Acrobat has a problem period sending email by any Mozilla Product. They
> claim that Mozilla products don't use the right  type of Mbox they only
> support Apple Mail, Eudora, and Entourage.

Not sure what you mean -- if I open a PDF and click the mail icon, it
launches SM without difficulty, attaching the file, and everything goes
normally from there. I just sent myself a file and it came right through.

What am I doing wrong? ;-)

Paul B. Gallagher
0
Paul
11/11/2009 8:49:57 PM
NoOp wrote:
> On 11/11/2009 10:37 AM, Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Ray_Net wrote:

>>> He did not send a mail via a plug-in, Acrobat try to send a mail using
>>> SM2. IMHO, you should read his text as ...
>>>    >>   Acrobat has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0
>>>    >>   as the default mail program.
>>>    >>   (I use Acrobat 7.1 Professional (and its plugin) under the WinXP OS).
>>
>> Acrobat has a problem period sending email by any Mozilla Product. They
>> claim that Mozilla products don't use the right  type of Mbox they only
>> support Apple Mail, Eudora, and Entourage.
>
> Hmmm....
> http://www.eudora.com/press/2006/eudora-mozilla_final_10.11.06.html
> [QUALCOMM Launches Project in Collaboration with Mozilla Foundation to
> Develop Open Source Version of Eudora Email Program]
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/penelope
> [Penelope is an open source extension to the Mozilla Thunderbird mail
> application.]
>
> Also note that Acrobat uses mozilla code.
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mozilla-based.html
>
> But this might be of more interest to the OP:
> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/456131
> [Acrobat 7.1 Professional sends no more emails]
I am just reporting what I was told when I asked why Mozilla products
were not supported. Oh another that was supported Mailsmith.

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
11/11/2009 8:52:49 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Phillip Jones wrote:
>
>> Acrobat has a problem period sending email by any Mozilla Product. They
>> claim that Mozilla products don't use the right  type of Mbox they only
>> support Apple Mail, Eudora, and Entourage.
>
> Not sure what you mean -- if I open a PDF and click the mail icon, it
> launches SM without difficulty, attaching the file, and everything goes
> normally from there. I just sent myself a file and it came right through.
>
> What am I doing wrong? ;-)

Well I just tried again  tried to send something to myself received
message Sendmail does not understand your email client. I have SM listed
as my email Client. in the Apple Mail preferences (which strangely is
where you set email client. And I can find where to set the desired
email client.

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
11/11/2009 9:34:40 PM
Phillip Jones wrote:

> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:
>>
>>> Acrobat has a problem period sending email by any Mozilla Product. They
>>> claim that Mozilla products don't use the right  type of Mbox they only
>>> support Apple Mail, Eudora, and Entourage.
>>
>> Not sure what you mean -- if I open a PDF and click the mail icon, it
>> launches SM without difficulty, attaching the file, and everything goes
>> normally from there. I just sent myself a file and it came right through.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong? ;-)
>>
> Well I just tried again  tried to send something to myself received
> message Sendmail does not understand your email client. I have SM listed
> as my email Client. in the Apple Mail preferences (which strangely is
> where you set email client. And I can find where to set the desired
> email client.

Well, I know nothing about the Mac world; if one ran straight into me on
the street I would recognize it, but that's about it.

I went out with someone about ten years ago and like any good evangelist
she kept trying to show me around her Mac, but everything was
counterintuitive and confusing from my perspective, so it didn't take.
"Rebuild the desktop"??? What the hell is that? And so forth.

I know there are people out there who love 'em, and more power to them,
but like coffee it's an acquired taste, one I haven't acquired.

Sorry.

Paul B. Gallagher
0
Paul
11/11/2009 10:30:44 PM
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Phillip Jones wrote:
>
>> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

>>> Not sure what you mean -- if I open a PDF and click the mail icon, it
>>> launches SM without difficulty, attaching the file, and everything goes
>>> normally from there. I just sent myself a file and it came right through.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong? ;-)
>>>
>> Well I just tried again  tried to send something to myself received
>> message Sendmail does not understand your email client. I have SM listed
>> as my email Client. in the Apple Mail preferences (which strangely is
>> where you set email client). And I can't find where to set the desired
>> email client.
>
> Well, I know nothing about the Mac world; if one ran straight into me on
> the street I would recognize it, but that's about it.
>
> I went out with someone about ten years ago and like any good evangelist
> she kept trying to show me around her Mac, but everything was
> counterintuitive and confusing from my perspective, so it didn't take.
> "Rebuild the desktop"??? What the hell is that? And so forth.
>
> I know there are people out there who love 'em, and more power to them,
> but like coffee it's an acquired taste, one I haven't acquired.
>
> Sorry.

My goodness That was back in Pre OSX Days. And it was not as big a deal
as it sounds there are were two hidden files DesktopDB, DesktopDF You
just threw them in the trash, restarted  computer and they were rebuilt

Today we have similar but they rarely mess up.  They are called Launch
Services Database and Lookup database. You can easily rebuild them with
the aid of a Utility called cocktail.

mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip

SeaMonkey 2.0.2 on Snow Leopard
Hi there, I just installed SeaMonkey here on my Mac and am using my .Mac account with it. However, there are many old, now removed, folders showing up in the IMAP folder list. I have tried deleting them but they keep coming back! I also took them off the Offline browsing list. No change. Each time I open SM mail I get many error messages indicating the folder doesn't exist (one message for folder). Ii did have SeaMonkey installed previously probably a year ago, and have also had ThunderBird on here as well (no longer resident), so I'm wondering if this is somet...

Problem with imported e-mail profile Seamonkey 2.0
When I tried to send e-mail with Seamonkey 2.0, I kept getting the following message: Sending of message failed. An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server mailhost.worldnet.att.net. It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name and password' for that server or contact your service provider. Going over the Mail Account Settings, nowhere did I have checked any type of authentication request. The only way I could correct this was to manually edit prefs.js. There was a line use...

SeaMonkey 1.0.2
Greetings! I hope I can explain what my problem is. After a certain (and variable) period of time, I can no longer use the mail function of SeaMonkey for anything other than receiving mails. If I try to forward or reply to an e-mail, the line for the recipient is "grayed-out", if that is the right term. And I can no longer compose a new message either. As an example, this happened right now: I had to restart SM. That always solves the problem, but is a bit tedious. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Best wishes, Charley -- Charles Milton Ling Vien...

what Android mail app is used by SeaMonkey mail users?
I realize that SeaMonkey mail is not available on Android, but what Android mail app is preferred by SeaMonkey mail users? Thanks, Bob Bob Fleischer wrote: > I realize that SeaMonkey mail is not available on Android, but what Android > mail app is preferred by SeaMonkey mail users? > > Thanks, > Bob I use K-9 myself. It can be made to work with OpenPGP. That said, I don't do much emailing from my smartphone. On 5/20/2015 12:03 PM, Bob Fleischer wrote: > I realize that SeaMonkey mail is not available on Android, but what > Android mail app is prefe...

Seamonkey 2.1 and Seamonkey 2.0
Hi, I'm using Seamonkey 2.1 nightly builds but sometimes by mistake I launch Seamonkey 2.0 and then in Seamonkey 2.1 I have not history and no bookmarks. How fixing it? Seamonkey 2.1b3pre mail window look very pretty! -- Sorry for my bad english, the british dictionnary is disabled by nightly build and I don't speak english fluently. St�phane http://pasdenom.info St=E9phane Gr=E9goire schrieb: > I'm using Seamonkey 2.1 nightly builds but sometimes by mistake I launc= h > Seamonkey 2.0 and then in Seamonkey 2.1 I have not history and no bookm= ark...

TB 2.0.0.22 Default Mail Problems (eg, SEND TO no longer works)
TB 2.0.0.22 under Vista 64-bit Upgraded from 2.0.0.21 to 2.0.0.22 a week or so ago, and just noticed (as have many other folk) that the Upgrade actually *degrades* some default settings. It seems that although TB 22 acts as default in respect of running the full program (ie, when you open TB it thinks it's the Default, and all Windows settings say it's the Default), it won't act as default to external programs that look for the default mailer. For example, the SEND TO function in the context menu of Windows will not pull up TB, but instead looks for either Outloo...

external editor for mail in seamonkey 2.0
Hello I know that the there is an app for thunderbird (vs 2 or 3) which allows you to use an external editor. Unfortunately this app does not work for seamonkey. - how different is the code between the mail application for Seamonkey and Thunderbird? - does anybody know about an external editor for the mail application. Uwe Brauer ...

Seamonkey 1.0.1 Mail problem
Hi, today I discovered a major problem with Seamonkey (with both Peter's and Mike's builds): Seamonkey fails to send mails with bigger attachments here under certain circumstances. In these cases I always get an error message saying that the SMTP server refuses the connection. I know the following about the problem: 1.) It does not occur if the machine is freshly booted. 2.) Restarting Seamonkey does not help. 3.) Attachments up to 223KB work, attachments of 383KB or bigger don't. No test with sizes in between. 4.) It does not matter if I send the mail via my ISP&#...

external editor for mail in seamonkey 2.0
Hello I know that the there is an app for thunderbird (vs 2 or 3) which allows you to use an external editor. Unfortunately this app does not work for seamonkey. - how different is the code between the mail application for Seamonkey and Thunderbird? - does anybody know about an external editor for the mail application. Uwe Brauer Uwe Brauer wrote: > > Hello > > I know that the there is an app for thunderbird (vs 2 or 3) > which allows you to use an external editor. Unfortunately > this app does not work for seamonkey. >...

SeaMonkey 2.0.4 and mail filters
I report about behavior of SeaMonkey 2.0.4 Mail & Newsgroups window. If in Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings -> Server Settins I choose 'Check messages at start up', 'Check for new messages every...' and 'Automatically download new messages' then at next opening of Mail & Newsgroups window some of filters for mail messages are inactive. They seem to be randomly chosen, 1 to 4 of them. Only method of correcting the situation has been deleting and recreating. If I have only 'Check messages at start up' chosen the filters are OK. Of cours...

seamonkey 2.0.1 mail crashing
I noticed yesterday and today while in compose a mail message that I will sometimes freeze up. I happens while I am typing the recipient address. I cannot exit the application. Have to go to Task Manager to kill Seamonkey and restart application. Happened on my machine at home last night once or twice. Happend repeatedly this am at work. I restarted machine from cold start. Happened again three times in a row when composing a message just a few minutes ago (late afternoon). Anyone seen this? I am suspicious of something in this auto update that just applied. Thanks for any suggestions....

How do you prevent seamonkey 2.0 from opening mail?
I like to select and delete unwanted e-mail before I start to read the ones I am interested in but when I right click the mouse to select the e-mail for deletion and hit enter to delete it or them the next e-mail in line opens up and I would prefer that it did not until I select it. Is there a way to stop it from opening the next e-mail until I select it. Thanks user@domain.invalid a �crit : > Is there a way to stop it from opening the next e-mail until I select it. > Get Unselect Message at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#unselectmessage You wil...

seamonkey hangs on vista when tryng to set as default mail app?
otherwise it works fine.. any workaround? kind regards S�ren kurgan Jacobsen wrote: > otherwise it works fine.. > > any workaround? > > > kind regards Before opening SM - right click SeaMonkey.exe, select "Run as Administrator". Open SM. It should work now. I had same puzzle. It took me some time to figure this out. BL ...

SeaMonkey 2.0 destroys previous e-mail inboxes
Hi, I have just installed SeaMonkey 2.0. Unfortunately, the installation deleted ALL my previous e-mails. I have been using SeaMonkey 1.1.18, had configured three different e-mail accounts with a total amount of about 5GB of e-mails. SeaMonkey 2.0 literally deleted the first account (the respective directory on the HD is really empty) whilst the mails for the second and third account are still in their respective directories on the HD, but are not visualized in their inboxes of the new version of SeaMonkey. All three accounts were identically configured (POP3) and connected to the same...

Web resources about - Acrobat (and its plugin) has problems mailing with Seamonkey 2.0 as the default mail program. - mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey

The Hawaiian Seamonkey
Diving, eating, gardening, loving the Big Island of Hawaii

The SeaMonkey® Project
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkeyall-in-one internet application suite (see below).Such a software suite was ...

SeaMonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
cross-platform Internet suite . It is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite , based on the same source code. Core Mozilla ...

Review: SeaMonkey 1.1.8 for the Mac
SeaMonkey 1.1.8, the Mozilla Foundation's all-in-one Internet application, combines browsing, e-mail, HTML editing, and IRC chat.

SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 arrives for testing
Based on the same Gecko browser engine as Firefox 6, SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 1 has been released for testing. It offers improvements to WebGL that ...

SeaMonkey Offers Browser, E-Mail, and Chat
... resuscitated a group of Internet tools built by Netscapewhose spin-off, Mozilla, brought out the popular Firefox Web browser. Renamed SeaMonkey ...

SeaMonkey, Mozilla's all-in-one Internet suite, releases new beta
The SeaMonkey Project has released SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 , a version that makes a lot of new functionality available to a wide audience for the ...

SeaMonkey review
Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML

SeaMonkey 2.33
... advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, all your Internet needs in one application. The SeaMonkey ...

Seamonkey 1.1 Released
stuuf writes "Version 1.1 of the Seamonkey Internet Application Suite is now available, with quite a few improvements over the 1.0 series. Some ...