Firefox crashes on start - won't go into safe mode, won't work after un/reinstall

I'm hoping someone can help me here.  I've looked up and down google
to try and find the answer to no avail.  Suddenly, today, firefox
stopped working.  I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did
the following:

upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned
upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer
optimization

I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working
fine before that.  The first crash report I got referenced
moveplayer@movenetworks.com.  Since then, they've been different.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing works.  I tried safe mode -
get the same crash report.  I tried installing 3.0 and get the same
issues.

Any suggestions please?!  Thank you,
Jeannie
0
brwniydgirl
12/24/2008 9:18:09 PM
mozilla.dev.apps.firefox 3660 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Can you provide the crash report ID? In Firefox 3.0 it is available in
about:crashes.

I believe Spyware Doctor integrates with Firefox though I don't know
which method they have chosen to do so. You might want to try
uninstalling Spyware Doctor to see if Firefox stops crashing and then
reinstall it.

I doubt Registry Mchanic caused any problems though it is possible.

Also, when you uninstall Firefox you should take a look at the
installation directory for any files left behind. The uninstaller only
uninstalls files that it has installed and it is possible that another
application placed files into the installation directory. If you do
this, please make a note of all of the files left behind after uninstall
and send me the names of the files. If there are files you could either
delete the directory after uninstall but this will remove any
functionality these files from other applications provide or you could
install into a new directory.

Cheers,
Robert

On 12/24/2008 1:18 PM, brwniydgirl wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can help me here.  I've looked up and down google
> to try and find the answer to no avail.  Suddenly, today, firefox
> stopped working.  I was doing some maintenance on the computer and did
> the following:
>
> upgraded Spyware doctor and rescanned
> upgraded Registry Mechanie, did a registry fix and a computer
> optimization
>
> I have to assume the problem comes from there, since it was working
> fine before that.  The first crash report I got referenced
> moveplayer@movenetworks.com.  Since then, they've been different.
> I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing works.  I tried safe mode -
> get the same crash report.  I tried installing 3.0 and get the same
> issues.
>
> Any suggestions please?!  Thank you,
> Jeannie

Robert
12/24/2008 9:43:31 PM
Hi Robert,  Thank you for the response.  I did uninstall Spyware Doc
and then reinstalled Firefox 3.0.5 and it worked then.  I wouldn't
have expected that to be the cause.  Thanks for your help.

0
brwniydgirl

Firefox doesn't work well in 'User' mode as opposed to 'Administrator' mode
Name: Dave Wintermute Email: dewin59atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox doesn't work well in 'User' mode as opposed to 'Administrator' mode Comments: Logging into my account fails on http://www.boynton-beach.org/ in User logon, but works fine in Administrator logon. Similarly, loggin into my account at wireless.att.com fails in the User logon, but works ok in the Administrator logon. I recently downloaded Chrome and discovered that I do not have these problems when logging into my accounts with either of the above sites. I will probably s...

I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are comp
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are compatible with Windows 7. Thank you. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sen...

Firefox 4 beta doesn't work very well + couldn't sign up for Firefox Sync
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 4 beta doesn't work very well + couldn't sign up for Firefox Sync Comments: Having installed Firefox Home on my iPod touch, I was prompted to install Firefox Sync on my desktop computer. That led to downloading the Firefox 4 beta. First, I attempted to set up Firefox Sync. Unfortunately, every single e-mail address I tried resulted in an "invalid e-mail address" error message, thus preventing me from continuing. Then, I attempted to get more information on the Firefox 4 beta web page. Unfortunately, none of the li...

I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore...
Name: Stephen Email: retrodotrevivalathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... Comments: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... the addons menu is blank with all weird buttons on the button, and all my addons i cant get to but some still are there like my google toolbar but it won't show in addons, and some buttons are in the navagation toolbar. i will have to uninstall if you can't help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5....

i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue
Name: kb Product: Firefox Summary: i'm not happy that Firefox 2 doesn't work with Flash, and you don't even list it as a known issue Comments: doesn't sound loke good DevTest before release if you haven't listed the problems with Flash. I have to close Firefox and resort to IE. So IE, is still widely used on my computer since Firefox continues to not work all the time. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Firefox can't open from URL on other App, can't shut down.
Until now, I had been using Firefox v1.0.2. Beginning yesterday, it became impossible to open a browser by clicking on a URL in either Polarbar Mailer or Pronews/2. There was one exception to this, at a time when there was no open Firefox window at all, when clicking on a URL did open a browser; that never happened if a Firefox window was already open. Shutting down Firefox in the usual way is now also impossible, unless it is done before much activity has taken place in the browser (only after a period of activity in the browser do these symptoms occur). It is possible to ...

I don't know why paging, sorting doesn't work in firefox
Hi. I have a gridview and paging and soring enabled but I tested on IE it works perfectly fine but when I load it on Firefox, the page link and sort link don't work at all. I don't know what the problem is. Anybody knows how to make them work on Firefox?  Hi:   It seems your problem is solved here: http://forums.asp.net/p/1183698/2015763.aspx#2015763   This post will be closed. ThanksSincerely,Allen ChenMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

Today I tried to open firefox however this message came up 'ssl3.dss' needs to be reinstalled to make firefox fire up - I haven't downloaded any programme nor uninstalled that thing
Name: RAE Email: raedatorcondotnetdotnz Product: Firefox Summary: Today I tried to open firefox however this message came up 'ssl3.dss' needs to be reinstalled to make firefox fire up - I haven't downloaded any programme nor uninstalled that thing - could you tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks, Rae Comments: as above Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ N...

'yahoo mail beta' and 'Wordpress' login don't work anymore after update to firefox 2.0.0.5
Hi, I'm running Windows vista home premium and after the update to 2.0.0.5 i cannot login anymore to the Yahoo mail beta, that meas that the login page keeps reloading every second so i don't have the change to type in my loginname and password. I'm also running two sites on wordpress but i cannot login to both of them eighter. here is the problem that i can login but the screen keeps retrning to the login screen. This is also since the update. I also updated my java to 6V2 so that should not be the problem i guess.... If someone can help me, that would be great!...

Same app in two application directories
Hi All, I'm developing an ASP.net app on my local machine.  I have had Visual Studio create an application directory under "Default Web Site", and I have also created an application directory myself via inetmgr (IIS7 on Vista).  The directory created by VS works perfectly, but the directory which I created manually doesn't - every page I load returns a "could not load type" error.  The exact same files exist in both directories (I literally copied them from my dev directory to the one I created), so I know it's not the source files themselves.&...

'RESIZE' doesn't work in FF 2.0 SAFE MODE
On my toolbar I placed a RESIZE option. It is single line, "javascript:top.resizeTo(1280,1024)". When I had started FF in the past in SAFE MODE it didn't open to the size I liked and pressing the button executed the code and resized it to my desired size. Well, today I started FF 2.0 in SAFE MODE but the button did nothing? I'm sure it worked before in prior versions. Ideas? Irv Spalten Irv Spalten wrote: > On my toolbar I placed a RESIZE option. > > It is single line, "javascript:top.resizeTo(1280,1024)". When I had > started FF...

I am very upset at the number of Firefox crashes in the last month. Why don't you explain and tell us you're working on it at least?!?
Name: Joanne Miner Email: jomineratcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I am very upset at the number of Firefox crashes in the last month. Why don't you explain and tell us you're working on it at least?!? Comments: I'm about to go back to IE if this keeps happening! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (no...

Why can't you clos the "last" tab anymore!? Very Annoying/disturbing if you want to have firefox ready to be used, but don't want it to show any given page when you start...
Name: Kim Email: kimdotholmbergatlivedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Why can't you clos the "last" tab anymore!? Very Annoying/disturbing if you want to have firefox ready to be used, but don't want it to show any given page when you start... Comments: Hello! Just a question! I find it slightly annoying that you cant't close the last tab anymore... => with the newer versions you always have to have a certain web-page open...!? Why's that.. Many firefox-user probably want to have firefox ready to be used (at least with the latest version which se...

I Don't Like Firefox... Don't Understand It!!!
Name: Barbara Fickes Email: msbarbpa48atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I Don't Like Firefox... Don't Understand It!!! Comments: Please delete this off my page and i would like to have my Original Internet back. Sorry for your troubles. Thank you very much. Sincerely, Barbara Fickes Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 YFF3 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Hello Sir/Ma'm, why it isn't working as before, I'm not getting gmail ID on firefox
Name: Ram Babu Email: rambabu234sonuataoldotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Hello Sir/Ma'm, why it isn't working as before, I'm not getting gmail ID on firefox Comments: Hello Sir/Ma'm, why it isn't working as before, I'm not getting gmail ID on firefox. Let me know why is it happening . . I'm waiting your urgent response, about this because I use to work on firefox browser, So hurryup, I need its very urgent thanks for favour Ram Babu Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox...

Web resources about - Firefox crashes on start - won't go into safe mode, won't work after un/reinstall - mozilla.dev.apps.firefox