development of a screen reader

Hello! I am currently developing a screen reader for my website. What I hav=
e so far works on the DOM, I do not know if this is the best way, so I want=
 to ask, I hope this is the right place, how to get to the accessibility tr=
ee? Is it better to work with that tree or continue my work on the DOM? Tha=
nk you very much and I hope to find some light here.
0
oaraz02
6/12/2018 1:15:13 AM
mozilla.dev.accessibility 837 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hey.

Accessible tree is not exposed to the web yet. Your best bet is AOM [1],
which is under-development still. So technically all you have for today is
DOM. I'm curious though to hear more about your project. It may be quite
helpful in the standard development.

Thank you.
Alexander.

[1] https://github.com/WICG/aom/blob/gh-pages/explainer.md

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 9:15 PM, <oaraz02@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello! I am currently developing a screen reader for my website. What I
> have so far works on the DOM, I do not know if this is the best way, so I
> want to ask, I hope this is the right place, how to get to the
> accessibility tree? Is it better to work with that tree or continue my work
> on the DOM? Thank you very much and I hope to find some light here.

Alexander