Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for download

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx

--
Kayode Okeyode
http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/

kayodeok <news4kayode@btopenworld.com> wrote in

> Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for
> download
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx

Thanks very much, I'm downloading it now.

I'd recommend a very recent backup of the system before installing it,
I did install RC1, had some problems and found it wouldn't uninstall
properly.  I hope the uninstall problem is fixed in RC2 but it left a
couple of problems that eventually resulted in me formatting the HD and
re-installing XP.

SP-2 RC1 was harder to get rid of than genital herpes!

SO...  Complete backup, download, install.  My fingers are crossed and
I hope there's some improvements in this one....
0
XS11E
6/15/2004 9:22:00 PM
"kayodeok" <news4kayode@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for
> download

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx

I installed this on a XPHOME test boxen.  This is an update for
_security
dummies_ I had to completely reconfigure my system.
0
Frank

A review of Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2(Release Candidate 2)
A review of Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2(Release Candidate 2) http://www.explosivelabs.com/reviews/windows_xp_sp2_rc2/ -- Kayode Okeyode http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/webdesign.htm ...

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate 2 via Windows Update
Brief Description Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate 2 is available to the public. Specific registry settings will allow you to be offered SP3 via Windows Update. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=114f3599-12af-42b2-aab1-b969a62c68a7&DisplayLang=en -- {Einstein}-"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." ...

Firefox 2 Release Candidate 2 is now available for download
Firefox 2 Release Candidate 2 (RC 2), the latest preview release of the next version of the Firefox browser, is now available for download at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/all-rc.html Web application developers, our testing community, and users who want to get a sneak peek at the next version of Firefox should download and install this release candidate. Please note that at this time, users should not expect all of their extensions, plugins and themes from previous versions of Firefox to work properly. The release notes have a detailed list of what's new in Firefox 2 ...

PROBLEM: dnn and xp service pack 2 (Release candidate 2)?
i have installed service pack 2 (xp - release candidate 2) and when i want to start dnn i get following error: DotNetNuke upgrade error The assembly version ([Assembly version]) does not match the Database version ([Database version]) ERROR: Could not connect to the database specified in connectionString for SQLDataProvider Can u give me a hint whats the problem - i think it must be something with the securitysettings but i am not sure. thx michael Michael, XP SP2 enables the internet connection firewall (ICF) by default, so you either need to disable it (not recommended ...

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Release Candidate 1
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Release Candidate 1 We have posted twenty screenshots from Microsoft's Windows XP SP2 RC1. We hope you guys enjoy! http://www.activewin.com/screenshots/winxpsp2rc1/index.shtml -- Regard: Joh@nnes � :-)) "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" "Johannes Niebach" wrote in message news:c4abh6$d43$1@news.grc.com... > We have posted twenty screenshots from Microsoft's Windows XP SP2 RC1. We > hope you guys enjoy! Disabling the "DCOM Server" (new) in the services menu c...

Services For Netware v.5.02 Service Pack 2 Windows Services for Netware Service Pack 2
The Windows Services For Netware 5.02 (Service Pack 2) provides a cumulative roll up of updates and services that have been offered since the release of Windows Services For Netware 5.0. SFN SP2 offers substantial improvements to the Directory Synchronization and File Migration Utility since the initial release of the Microsoft Windows Services For Netware 5.0 software product. The Windows Services for Netware Service Pack 2 offers two updates for download: MSDSSSP2 and FPNWSP2. http://makeashorterlink.com/?V689333A5 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yours...

Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (v 2)
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), currently a Release Candidate in Beta testing, includes significant enhancements to the Windows Firewall component, previously known as the Internet Connection Firewall (ICF). Windows Firewall is a stateful host-based firewall that discards unsolicited incoming traffic, providing a level of protection for computers against malicious users or programs. To provide better protection for computers connected to any kind of network (such as the Internet, a home network, or an organization network), Windows XP SP2 enables Windows Firewall on all network connec...

Service Pack 1 For Service Pack 2 For Windows XP
Microsoft Releases Security Patch For Service Pack 1 For Service Pack 2 For Windows XP http://www.thedailyfarce.com/technology.cfm?story=2004/08/technology_patchforsp1forsp2forwinxp_08200400008 In an effort to stop viruses from spreading around the Internet, Microsoft released the long awaited Windows XP Service Pack 2 on Friday August 6th. Immediately after the release, on Saturday, Microsoft announced Service Pack 1 for Service Pack 2, which fixes many issues that were not fixed in Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. However, this morning, a hacker found a new vulnerability with...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (version 2)
In Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Microsoft is introducing a set of security technologies that will help to improve the ability of Windows XP-based computers to withstand malicious attacks from viruses and worms. The technologies include network protection, memory protection, safer e-mail handling, more secure browsing, and improved computer maintenance. Together, these security technologies will help to make it more difficult to attack Windows XP, even if the latest updates are not applied. These security technologies together are particularly useful in mitigation against worms ...

SeaMonkey 2.1 release candidate 2 available for OS/2
Hi, I've uploaded the second release candidate for the upcoming SeaMonkey 2.1. There were no OS/2 specific changes compared to the recently published release candidate 1. However, it should contain a few cross- platform fixes for bugs present in the first one. You can get it from here: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.1rc2/contrib/seamonkey-2.1rc2.en-US.os2.zip BTW (from https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey:Release_Process:2.1rc2) "Version Number 'pre' It was pointed out after our mirror push that the version 2.1rc2 reports as is 2.1p...

XP Service Pack 2 to Skip Older Windows, for Now
XP Service Pack 2 to Skip Older Windows, for Now http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1617450,00.asp Microsoft Corp. has no plans to port the security and feature enhancements due in Windows XP Service Pack 2, now in final beta testing, to older versions of Windows. The decision means that enterprises running older versions of Windows will be less secure and more vulnerable to attacks than those running XP systems that upgrade to the latest service pack, which includes many security improvements. Microsoft officials in Redmond, Wash., last week said the company's focu...

Firefox 2 Release Candidate 1 is now available for download
(originally posted at: http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2006/09/26/firefox-2-release-candidate-1-is-now-available-for-download/) Firefox 2 Release Candidate 1 (RC 1), the preview release of the next version of the Firefox browser, is now available for download at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/all-rc.html. Web application developers, our testing community, and users who want to get a sneak peek at the next version of Firefox should download and install this release candidate. Please note that at this time, users should not expect all of their extensions, plugin...

Thunderbird 3 Release Candidate 2 now available for download
Thunderbird 3 Release Candidate 2 is now available for download. This version contains several fixes based on the feedback obtained from the previous release candidate. New features and changes in this milestone that require feedback include: * New Search Tools * Tabbed Email * Message Archiving * New Mail Account Setup Wizard * Improvements for Developers Please read the release notes before downloading for more information about this release including known issues: http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/3.0rc2/releasenotes/ Testers can download Thunderbird 3...

Web resources about - Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 now available for download - grc.techtalk

Candidate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For Nominee redirects here. For the financial term, see Nominee account , see Candidate (disambiguation) . In the context of elections for public ...

Lester Holt Will Moderate NBC News, YouTube Democratic Candidates Debate
NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt will serve as moderator for the final Democratic presidential debate before the first primary and caucus ...

Excellent Question from an Awful Candidate
... be in the “regime change” business. It started with a question about the complexities of no-fly zones in Syria, during which a couple of candidates ...

During debate, Jeb Bush calls Donald Trump a "chaos candidate"
Trump found himself on the defensive about his temporary Muslim entry ban proposal

Time for these GOP candidates to quit
If the Republicans want an actual shot at the White House, it's time for the party to cull these candidates, says Mark Macias.

No Republican Candidate Is Fit To Shine President Obama's Shoes
Here's my overall review of last night's debate: No candidate in either debate last night proved themselves fit to shine President Obama's shoes, ...

Mike Rowe Just Called This Presidential Candidate ‘A Knucklehead’
Mike Rowe Just Called This Presidential Candidate ‘A Knucklehead’

Morning Digest: Democrats get another candidate for must-win Iowa House seat
Leading Off : ● IA-03 : On Wednesday, investor Mike Sherzan announced that he would challenge freshman Republican David Young in this swingy ...

7 Ways To Change The Subject More Effectively Than A Presidential Candidate
... steps. If you've watched any of the presidential debates, you've no doubt seen some bad examples of changing the subject. Whether the candidates ...

Bernie Sanders Gained More Twitter Followers Than Any Republican Candidate During Tuesday's Debate
Bernie Sanders Gained More Twitter Followers Than Any Republican Candidate During Tuesday's Debate