Win 7 and XP

I did a clean install of Win7 64 on a seerate partition and it activated
fine.
When I start up machine it only boots into XP, it gives no other otptions.
Using a recovery boot disk for xp shows the other os and lets me boot into
it. Both bootini files only show its own OS.
Can someone recomend a boot manager that will show both OS's at startup.
Do you think MS did not put a boot loader option on the WIN7 as it was
supposed to be an upgrade, as it did with the RC and Beta versions.
I cant see my earlier post?
0
Steve

"Steve" <Me@excite.com> wrote in message
|I did a clean install of Win7 64 on a seerate partition and it activated
| fine.
| When I start up machine it only boots into XP, it gives no other otptions.
| Using a recovery boot disk for xp shows the other os and lets me boot into
| it. Both bootini files only show its own OS.
| Can someone recomend a boot manager that will show both OS's at startup.
| Do you think MS did not put a boot loader option on the WIN7 as it was
| supposed to be an upgrade, as it did with the RC and Beta versions.
| I cant see my earlier post?

GaG maybe lets you set up a boot screen with seperate os's to boot from.
Also has a time out with adjustable time delay to load a default OS.

0
Jeff
11/4/2009 7:15:54 AM
> Can someone recomend a boot manager that will show both OS's at startup.
..
Search out a free download of Vista Boot Pro 3.3 - I believe it will do what
you need.

0
Victek

Migrating Eudora 7 from Win XP to Win 7 64
I run Eudora 7 on my current Win XP machine. I'm getting a new Win Pro 64bit computer and want to install Eudora 7 on my new computer and move all of the old Eudora data from the Win XP to the Win 7 computer. I've searched and read, but I haven't found anything that lays out a step-by-step procedure for doing this. I've read that Win 7 won't let you store programs and writable data in the Program Files folder and found several (none of them crystal clear to me) workarounds. I read one fix that said if Eudora is installed in another file - for example C:\My Ut...

Tmaskedit acts differently on win xp and win 7
Using tmaskedit for socsec input. On win xp clicking in component highlights entire 9 char, in win7 enviornment only 1st 3 light up. Usiing delphi 2010 with advantage 11.1 db. ...

Tabs on top saves screen space on Win 7 but not Win XP
I upgraded to FireFox 4 on both my home laptop (Windows 7 64-bit Home "premium") and my work computer (Windows XP 32-bit "professional"). The new feature "tabs on top" allows the tabs to use the same vertical space as the new Firefox menu button on the Win7 machine, but on WinXP, the tabs go below that button so I don't recover any vertical space. Is this an OS limitation of XP? Or can I somehow get the space back. By the way I really like the new look which seems to do a good job of getting more screen space for browsing. The new widescreen m...

XP or Win 7?
How many of you have upgraded to Win 7 from XP? I decided it was time and bought me a 3 user home upgrade of Win7 since I was reloading by good ole trusty Dell desktop, my notebook came with Vista but downgraded to XP so I might put it on there. Is it me but for work related stuff for those who HAVE to stay with a MS Win workstation solution, I'm not seeing the reason to upgrade at work other than the fact that MS is ending support for XP? Support for XP is not being discontinued. Only for SP2 not SP3. SP3 Support is continuing for a while yet. Win7 should be a l...

Win 7 XP Mode
Has anyone out there gotten drive mappings to work in XP Mode on Windows 7? What I am currently running in to is that I have some video production equipment (camera) that the company has had for a while and the vendor only has XP drivers available, but the system's OS was Vista, which we have upgraded to 7 for this experiment. What we are trying to do is install the software and drivers within XP Mode and see if we can rip the videos taken from the camera to a digital format. The XP Mode does recognize the TS drive letters, but they are not accessible when trying to save dir...

Install win 7 over XP
I still have one computer running XP. I also have a copy of Win 7. Is it possibe to install 7 over XP? Not a regulay windos user, 99% Linux so not up on the details of Windows. TIA Bob Bloggs wrote: > I still have one computer running XP. I also have a copy of Win 7. Is > it possibe to install 7 over XP? Not a regulay windos user, 99% Linux > so not up on the details of Windows. TIA > No. you cannot 'upgrade to Win7 from WinXP. It demands a new install. So. split the partition and install Win7, and have best of both worlds until March 2014... -- LWB ...

XP v Win 7
I might have the wrong newsgroup .... aplogies if so. The following code (originated from Turbopower, iPro) works in XP but fails on the TFileStream.Create in Windows 7 ("... cannot create file, access is denied ..."). I have full access to the directory and fails even if running as Administrator. If you comment out the DeleteFile it works in both XP and Win7 - the DeleteFile returns True. If you step through the code (say a few seconds on each line, especially the DeletFile line) then it all works ok, it's like Win7 has not deleted but temporarily locked the file...

InfoMaker 7 compatible with Win XP
hello, i was just wondering if IM7 is compatible with win xp. i'm running it with oracle (7.3 and 8.1.7) and it doesn't seem to want to work. i keep getting the ora-12154 error. I am running IM7 on Windows XP all right. I didn't see any notes to this issue one way or the other on the Sybase Site. <Anthony Nguyen> wrote in message news:4200fd96.7efa.1681692777@sybase.com... > hello, i was just wondering if IM7 is compatible with win > xp. i'm running it with oracle (7.3 and 8.1.7) and it > doesn't seem to want to work. i keep getting the or...

Where is the 7.02 cahe in WIN XP?
Where is the Netscape cache in Windows XP? ...

IM 7 and WIN XP PRO
Are there any known problems running IM7 on WINXP PRO. My application keeps crashing specially when selecting properties for any field. I am using IM 7 that came with Primavera Expedition on WIN XP Pro machine. Please advice Saleh El Shobokshy IM7 does not support XP, although it should work. Make sure that you have IM702 or 703. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/ "Infomaker" <planning.dept@crcdorra.com> wrote in message news:BlhHj8dxCHA.344@forums.sybase.com... > A...

PB 7.0 and registry and WIN XP
Under Win2000 my Application written with PB 7.02 works fine. Under WIN XP It does not work, when reading / writing data to the registry Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance for any help Peter I'm having no problems with my IDE or with my app (PBL Peeper writes its preferences to the registry). Which are you having problems with: the IDE or your app? Any chance it's a security policy set up by your network admins? (If so, it must be *extremely* problematic for a lot of apps.) What symptoms are you seeing? Let us know, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitte...

PB 7 App on Win 2000 and XP
PB 7.0.3 Build 10009 App running on WIN 2000 SP4 and XP SP1&2. Is there any known problems ? I worked for 2 years with PB7.0.3 and W2kSP4 and do not have any trouble! Regards BMartins <INS> escreveu na mensagem news:41ef72f7.7643.1681692777@sybase.com... > PB 7.0.3 Build 10009 App running on WIN 2000 SP4 and XP > SP1&2. > > Is there any known problems ? There are hundreds of known issues. Any product this size that allows its users as much flexibility to "be creative" like PowerBuilder does is going to have an ongoing list of bugs th...

Win XP and ASA 7.03.2046
Hi, the adviced build number for Win XP is 2078 and higher. We've a lot of installations with build 2046. We don't want to update every single installation that why I ask this question. I've read the readme.txt that was enclosed with the 7.04 maintenance release. That showed three cases concerning Win XP : #271280 : dblocate problem #265348 : provider converting problem #259460 : Appinfo shows "Windows 2001" All three cases don't bother our software. Where can I find more diferences / solved problems from build 2046 to build 2078 ? TIA, Karste...

How to share printer on Win 7 with XP on network
Hi all, I've got a printer I'm trying to share over a network. The printer is plugged into my Windows 7 machine, and I'm trying to access it over the network. I've successfully been able to share Win 7 folders with XP, and I've chosen to share the printer on 7, but from XP, I only see the shared files and no shared printer. I am running 64 bit 7, and XP is 32, but I don't see why that would allow me to see the folders and not the printer. Thanks for any suggestions. Cyclone Cyclone wrote: > Hi all, > > I've got a printer I'm tryin...

Web resources about - Win 7 and XP - grc.techtalk

Mark Zuckerberg Declares Himself "the Leader of Facebook"
Mark Zuckerberg, founder, chairman, and CEO of Facebook, shared his thoughts yesterday on the place Islamophobia has on the billion-person-strong ...

Gina Rodriguez Reacts to America Ferrera Mix-Up: 'Who Cares!'
Gina Rodriguez is taking the high road after the Golden Globes ‘ official Twitter account mistakenly said she was announcing this morning’s nominations… ...

Sanaa Lathan and Gina Prince-Bythewood Are Reuniting For a TV Series About Police Shootings
Fox is diving headfirst into the police brutality debate with a new thriller series titled Shots Fired. Read more...

‘Serial’ Season 2 Opens With Bowe Bergdahl Channeling Jason Bourne – Sort Of
The second season of Serial is off to an auspicious start. The only podcast to win a Peabody Award scored the first interview with former Army ...

President Obama signs law that designates computer science as part of a ‘well-rounded education’
View image - gettyimages.com Computer science education supporters have spent six years working to get two simple words included in the sweeping ...

UN Rights Chief: 'Essential' to Refer North Korea to ICC
UN rights chief: 'Essential' to send North Korea to ICC; China tries, fails to stop UN meeting

Watch: Affirmative Action and Abigail Fisher: The Basics
A brief summary of SCOTUS's 2015 affirmative action case.

Twitter's latest test: Showing you ads even if you're not logged in
The social network is trying to reach the 500 million people a month who visit the site without signing in. The hope? Make more money.

Gogo introduces 'messaging pass' for bare bones in-flight Wi-Fi
Want to stay connected but don't want to pay exorbitant in-flight Wi-Fi prices? There's a new option. Gogo announced Thursday a new "messaging ...

New draft climate deal emerges as Paris talks near end
LE BOURGET, France (AP) — French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius presented a new draft of a global climate accord that showed headway on some ...