Sudden doubling of my C:\ space used

I'm running Windows 7 HP, 64-bit.  My personal files are stored on
F:\; my system and application files are on C:\.  For the past year or
more, the max size of files on the C:\ drive has been about 80GB of
the drive's 700 GB capacity.  Suddenly, the C:\ drive has doubled in
space utilized to 160 GB.

The only thing that I've done recently is to remove Norton Internet
Explorer 2012 and replace it with Norton 360 v. 6.  That seems to be
about an even swap.

I have no idea what's caused this drive's space utilization to double.

Question:  How can I go about trying to find out what's using this 80
GB of space all of a sudden?  Is there freeware that can help me out
here?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
0
Kirk
9/22/2012 1:23:57 PM
grc.techtalk 27358 articles. 1 followers. Follow

20 Replies
724 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 08:23:57 -0500, Kirk Bubul wrote:

> I'm running Windows 7 HP, 64-bit.  My personal files are stored on
> F:\; my system and application files are on C:\.  For the past year or
> more, the max size of files on the C:\ drive has been about 80GB of
> the drive's 700 GB capacity.  Suddenly, the C:\ drive has doubled in
> space utilized to 160 GB.
 
> The only thing that I've done recently is to remove Norton Internet
> Explorer 2012 and replace it with Norton 360 v. 6.  That seems to be
> about an even swap.
 
> I have no idea what's caused this drive's space utilization to double.
 
> Question:  How can I go about trying to find out what's using this 80
> GB of space all of a sudden?  Is there freeware that can help me out
> here?
 
> Thanks in advance for your advice.

A thing that caught me out with my first Win 7 PC - a number of images I
had downloaded ended up in the desired file & folder but a duplicate set of
those images were also added to the Libtaries, Pictures folder. I didn't
ask for that to happen, and don't know why it happened.
But a glance through the Libraries folder might reveal whether anything has
been duplicated in there.

SearchMyFiles, from Nirsoft

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/search_my_files.html

works with Win 7 Pro x64, and might help you find any files created after a
specific date, which might help ?


-- 
no nym
0
no
9/22/2012 2:29:32 PM
On 9/22/2012 10:29 AM, no nym wrote:

>
> A thing that caught me out with my first Win 7 PC - a number of images I
> had downloaded ended up in the desired file & folder but a duplicate set of
> those images were also added to the Libtaries, Pictures folder. I didn't
> ask for that to happen, and don't know why it happened.
> But a glance through the Libraries folder might reveal whether anything has
> been duplicated in there.
>
> SearchMyFiles, from Nirsoft
>
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/search_my_files.html
>
> works with Win 7 Pro x64, and might help you find any files created after a
> specific date, which might help ?
>
>
Libraries are just logical links pointing to actual physical folders. If 
you happen to put say a 1 Gb file into a physical folder that is in a 
library you still only have one copy of that file on disk.
0
user701
9/22/2012 3:12:59 PM
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:12:59 -0400, user701 wrote:

> On 9/22/2012 10:29 AM, no nym wrote:

>> A thing that caught me out with my first Win 7 PC - a number of images I
>> had downloaded ended up in the desired file & folder but a duplicate set of
>> those images were also added to the Libtaries, Pictures folder. I didn't
>> ask for that to happen, and don't know why it happened.
>> But a glance through the Libraries folder might reveal whether anything has
>> been duplicated in there.

>> SearchMyFiles, from Nirsoft

>> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/search_my_files.html

>> works with Win 7 Pro x64, and might help you find any files created after a
>> specific date, which might help ?

> Libraries are just logical links pointing to actual physical folders. If 
> you happen to put say a 1 Gb file into a physical folder that is in a 
> library you still only have one copy of that file on disk.

But if you put a 1 Gb file into a physical folder that is not in a library,
and accidentally manage to also put it into a physical folder that is in a
library, then you will have two copies.

That's what happened to me. I don't use any of the Windows folders,
preferring my own long-established folder structure. When I came across the
duplicated images in a Library folder, I deleted them, which freed up the
expected amount of space. The other set of images remained untouched in my
own choice of folder.
  
-- 
no nym
0
no
9/22/2012 4:23:09 PM
Kirk Bubul wrote:
>
> Question:  How can I go about trying to find out what's using this 80
> GB of space all of a sudden?  Is there freeware that can help me out
> here?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice.
>


Try Treesize Free from http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/

It gives a graphical representation of each folder, and you can drill down 
to find the errant files.

AlanD
0
AlanD
9/22/2012 4:48:26 PM
On 9/22/2012 12:48 PM, AlanD wrote:
> Kirk Bubul wrote:
>>
>> Question:  How can I go about trying to find out what's using this 80
>> GB of space all of a sudden?  Is there freeware that can help me out
>> here?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your advice.
>>
>
>
> Try Treesize Free from http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/
>
> It gives a graphical representation of each folder, and you can drill down
> to find the errant files.
>
> AlanD

I've been a long-time user of WinDirStat http://windirstat.sourceforge.net/
but I guess that any tool which actually shows you usage in an 
easily-understood graphical manner will let you get a handle on the 
problem. I have found that Windows is fond of stashing large hunks of data 
into System Volume Information for restore points. IIRC I've also had 
problems with hidden data set aside for shadow copy operations which just 
hangs around long after it has served its purpose.
0
John
9/22/2012 5:34:46 PM
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 13:34:46 -0400, John McGaw <nobody@nowh.ere>
wrote:

>I've been a long-time user of WinDirStat http://windirstat.sourceforge.net/
>but I guess that any tool which actually shows you usage in an 
>easily-understood graphical manner will let you get a handle on the 
>problem. I have found that Windows is fond of stashing large hunks of data 
>into System Volume Information for restore points. IIRC I've also had 
>problems with hidden data set aside for shadow copy operations which just 
>hangs around long after it has served its purpose.

My System Volume Information is 106.5 GB big according to Tree Size.
That's the culprit.  

Now, how do I get it back down to the size it was before the bloat
happened?
0
Kirk
9/22/2012 8:05:18 PM
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:05:18 -0500, Kirk Bubul wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 13:34:46 -0400, John McGaw <nobody@nowh.ere>
> wrote:
> 
>>I've been a long-time user of WinDirStat http://windirstat.sourceforge.net/
>>but I guess that any tool which actually shows you usage in an 
>>easily-understood graphical manner will let you get a handle on the 
>>problem. I have found that Windows is fond of stashing large hunks of data 
>>into System Volume Information for restore points. IIRC I've also had 
>>problems with hidden data set aside for shadow copy operations which just 
>>hangs around long after it has served its purpose.
> 
> My System Volume Information is 106.5 GB big according to Tree Size.
> That's the culprit.  
> 
> Now, how do I get it back down to the size it was before the bloat
> happened?

CCleaner can delete specific older System Restore Points.
Or reduce the size allowed for System Restore via Computer (Right Click),
Properties, Advanced System Settings, System Protection tab, then configure
the appropriate drive. You will lose your older Restore Points, and will
have fewer to choose from in future, of course.  

-- 
no nym
0
no
9/22/2012 9:11:11 PM
Kirk Bubul wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 13:34:46 -0400, John McGaw <nobody@nowh.ere>
> wrote:
>
>> I've been a long-time user of WinDirStat http://windirstat.sourceforge.net/
>> but I guess that any tool which actually shows you usage in an
>> easily-understood graphical manner will let you get a handle on the
>> problem. I have found that Windows is fond of stashing large hunks of data
>> into System Volume Information for restore points. IIRC I've also had
>> problems with hidden data set aside for shadow copy operations which just
>> hangs around long after it has served its purpose.
>
> My System Volume Information is 106.5 GB big according to Tree Size.
> That's the culprit.
>
> Now, how do I get it back down to the size it was before the bloat
> happened?
>

Have you recently installed a big MS update, e.g. a Service Pack? The System 
Volume Information folder may have grown because it is now holding old 
versions of many files which have just been upgraded.

Look at your Restore points and delete older ones if you are happy that you 
won't need them.

Otherwise, given that you still have 0.5TB+ available, just leave it. At 
least you know what is causing it.

AlanD
0
AlanD
9/22/2012 9:53:34 PM
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:11:11 +0100, no nym <shortfuse@example.net>
wrote:

>CCleaner can delete specific older System Restore Points.
>Or reduce the size allowed for System Restore via Computer (Right Click),
>Properties, Advanced System Settings, System Protection tab, then configure
>the appropriate drive. You will lose your older Restore Points, and will
>have fewer to choose from in future, of course.  

I have CCleaner installed, and I have just run it.  But I don't see
where it lets me delete older System Restore Points.  

Can you point me in the right direction?
0
Kirk
9/22/2012 11:08:37 PM
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:53:34 +0100, AlanD <nospam@danburyonline.net>
wrote:

>Have you recently installed a big MS update, e.g. a Service Pack? The System 
>Volume Information folder may have grown because it is now holding old 
>versions of many files which have just been upgraded.
>
>Look at your Restore points and delete older ones if you are happy that you 
>won't need them.
>
>Otherwise, given that you still have 0.5TB+ available, just leave it. At 
>least you know what is causing it.

I have installed Windows Updates as they have come from MSFT.  

How do I purge the System Volume Information folder of these old
versions?

Won't leaving this file debris make my external HDD backups bigger by
the amount of these unwanted extra files? 
0
Kirk
9/22/2012 11:12:22 PM
On 22/09/2012 11:23 PM, Kirk Bubul wrote:
> I'm running Windows 7 HP, 64-bit.  My personal files are stored on
> F:\; my system and application files are on C:\.  For the past year or
> more, the max size of files on the C:\ drive has been about 80GB of
> the drive's 700 GB capacity.  Suddenly, the C:\ drive has doubled in
> space utilized to 160 GB.
>
> The only thing that I've done recently is to remove Norton Internet
> Explorer 2012 and replace it with Norton 360 v. 6.  That seems to be
> about an even swap.
>
> I have no idea what's caused this drive's space utilization to double.
>
> Question:  How can I go about trying to find out what's using this 80
> GB of space all of a sudden?  Is there freeware that can help me out
> here?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice.
>

why run Nortons at all ?
0
Boris
9/23/2012 3:30:58 AM
On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:30:58 +1000, Boris <B@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On 22/09/2012 11:23 PM, Kirk Bubul wrote:
snip
>> The only thing that I've done recently is to remove Norton Internet
>> Explorer 2012 and replace it with Norton 360 v. 6.  That seems to be
>> about an even swap.

>why run Nortons at all ?
Because I've been using Norton products for over 20 years and I like
them.  They are well-rated.

0
Kirk
9/23/2012 9:36:51 AM
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:08:37 -0500, Kirk Bubul wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:11:11 +0100, no nym <shortfuse@example.net>
> wrote:

>>CCleaner can delete specific older System Restore Points.
>>Or reduce the size allowed for System Restore via Computer (Right Click),
>>Properties, Advanced System Settings, System Protection tab, then configure
>>the appropriate drive. You will lose your older Restore Points, and will
>>have fewer to choose from in future, of course.  
 
> I have CCleaner installed, and I have just run it.  But I don't see
> where it lets me delete older System Restore Points.  
 
> Can you point me in the right direction?

Tools, System Restore should produce a list of all available System Restore
points. Highlight one or more, then click on the Remove button.

-- 
no nym
0
no
9/23/2012 10:06:55 AM
Kirk Bubul wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:53:34 +0100, AlanD <nospam@danburyonline.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Have you recently installed a big MS update, e.g. a Service Pack? The System
>> Volume Information folder may have grown because it is now holding old
>> versions of many files which have just been upgraded.
>>
>> Look at your Restore points and delete older ones if you are happy that you
>> won't need them.
>>
>> Otherwise, given that you still have 0.5TB+ available, just leave it. At
>> least you know what is causing it.
>
> I have installed Windows Updates as they have come from MSFT.
>
> How do I purge the System Volume Information folder of these old
> versions?
>
> Won't leaving this file debris make my external HDD backups bigger by
> the amount of these unwanted extra files?
>

Change your backups to exclude System Volume Information.

AlanD

0
AlanD
9/23/2012 11:22:39 AM
On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 11:06:55 +0100, no nym <shortfuse@example.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:08:37 -0500, Kirk Bubul wrote:

>> I have CCleaner installed, and I have just run it.  But I don't see
>> where it lets me delete older System Restore Points.  
> 
>> Can you point me in the right direction?
>
>Tools, System Restore should produce a list of all available System Restore
>points. Highlight one or more, then click on the Remove button.

Problem:  When I use CCleaner and get to the Tools->System Restore and
give it lots of time to find and display my System Restore Points, it
shows none of the 23 points that Windows says that I have available.
Any idea why there's this big difference?
0
Kirk
9/23/2012 5:34:02 PM
On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 12:34:02 -0500, Kirk Bubul wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 11:06:55 +0100, no nym <shortfuse@example.net>
> wrote:
 
>>On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:08:37 -0500, Kirk Bubul wrote:
 
>>> I have CCleaner installed, and I have just run it.  But I don't see
>>> where it lets me delete older System Restore Points.  
 
>>> Can you point me in the right direction?

>>Tools, System Restore should produce a list of all available System Restore
>>points. Highlight one or more, then click on the Remove button.
 
> Problem:  When I use CCleaner and get to the Tools->System Restore and
> give it lots of time to find and display my System Restore Points, it
> shows none of the 23 points that Windows says that I have available.
> Any idea why there's this big difference?

No idea at all. On this PC CCleaner shows the restore points. Could it be
that CCleaner needs to be run as admin to show them ?

And I just found out that I don't know how to launch System Restore on a
Win 7 PC. Where do I find it ?

-- 
no nym
0
no
9/23/2012 6:37:51 PM
On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 19:37:51 +0100, no nym wrote:

> And I just found out that I don't know how to launch System Restore on a
> Win 7 PC. Where do I find it ?

Okay, I found it. And the available restore points are the same as those
shown by CCleaner.

-- 
no nym
0
no
9/23/2012 8:03:28 PM
On 9/23/2012 2:37 PM, no nym wrote:
>
>
> And I just found out that I don't know how to launch System Restore on a
> Win 7 PC. Where do I find it ?
>

Its that silly Win7 start menu again. Type system re (no need to type 
any more) and it will be the first item (or type resto and it will be 
the second item).
0
user701
9/23/2012 9:09:09 PM
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 15:05:18 -0500, Kirk Bubul <khbubul@charter.net>
wrote:
>
>My System Volume Information is 106.5 GB big according to Tree Size.
>That's the culprit.  
>
>Now, how do I get it back down to the size it was before the bloat
>happened?


My System Volume Information has no size (is zero).

The first thing I do after (re-)installing Windows,
is switch off System Restore.

I make a weekly image (full image) of my Windows.
When I have to go back, I restore an image.

I never found out what is stored in Restore points and why.
I have read many, many reports of people saying that going back to a
restore point did not help.
I have read many reports from people who had no restore points (were
missing), when they expected to have a lot.

To me the System Restore point "feature" of Windows is unreliable and
has unexpected results.
So I do not bother anymore with Restore points and System Volume
Information.
I do my weekly image, keep some generations and that works for me.
By the way, I do my weekly backup on Tuesday evening and after I have
stored the situation from the moment, I do the WindowsUpdate.

-- 
Fred W. (NL)
0
FredW
9/23/2012 10:06:57 PM
On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 19:37:51 +0100, no nym <shortfuse@example.net>
wrote:

>No idea at all. On this PC CCleaner shows the restore points. Could it be
>that CCleaner needs to be run as admin to show them ?
>
You are correct, sir!  I could not see them when I was running in peon
mode.  All of them came right up when I ran CCleaner as an
administrator.
0
Kirk
9/23/2012 11:22:55 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________...

Upgrading C/C++ interface using dblib to use ctlib.
Can anyone direct me to good doc, perhaps sample code, etc., dealing with ctlib? I have a C/C++ interface written to dblib that must be upgraded to go against ctlib. Thank you. On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:56:30 -0800, wrote: > Can anyone direct me to good doc, perhaps sample code, etc., dealing with > ctlib? I have a C/C++ interface written to dblib that must be upgraded to > go against ctlib. Thank you. There's sample code in .../OCS/samples/ctlibrary. There's also a migration guide (of sorts) in the OCS docs: http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-cn/c...

How Can I use the compliers used under Dev-C++ in C++ builder?
How Can I use the compliers (for instance GCC, ...) used under Dev-C++ in C++ builder? In my program,I used boost lambda expression under Dev-C++ due to the fact that C++ builder 2009 do not support such expression. But Dev-C++ do not support RAD(rapid application development). It is hard to establish the common graphic GUI under windows.So I want to use the compliers of Dev-C++ in C++ builder. And I do not know how to manage it. Where can I get the related materials or advices? Can any one with kindness help me? Il Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:29:59 -0700, lserjt lserjt <> ha scritto:...

C Components Using Watcom C/C++ Compiler
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms2646818B6AC700D6597C3859 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Does anyone have an example of C skeleton files and Watcom C/C++ make file to compile and load C components into Jaguar using the Watcom C/C++ compiler/Linker? --------------E0BFC7D7A6CA166C48EDA143 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; ch...

Great gap between Est. Temp Space Used and Act. Temp Space Used
Hi all, I have a question about the Est. Temp Space Used and Act. Temp Space Used, from the query plan, I found the estimated temp space is 200% of the actual temp space Est. Temp Space Used (Mb) 4722.6 Act. Temp Space Used (Mb) 1948.6 This make it difficult to set QUERY_TEMP_SPACE_LIMIT as the resources is very tight, do you have any idea to make the estimation of the temp space used more accurate? Version: 12.7.0/080707/P/ESD 5/MS/Windows 2003/64bit Keith Ma wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a question about the Est. Temp Space Used and Act. Temp Space Use...

C<use autodie> unravels C<use strict>
------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Disposition: inline Content-Description: a letter from tchrist Content-ID: <10727.1298817978.1@chthon> Everything I touch today crumbles in my hands. When you use autodie, you implicitly declare legal any scalar variable whose name matches that of any function it "fatalizes". Here's a (partial) dump of %main:: during the compilation and run of the enclosed program: BEFORE AUTODIE => $0 @ARGV %ENV @INC %INC @_ &dump_main &func1 &funcU AFTER AUTODIE...

Whether to use JNI-JDBC from C++ OR directly use C++ API for connecting to Sybase RDBMS
Hi, I have a design problem to solve. Please suggest a better solution based on your experience. 1)Whether it is advisable to directly connect to Sybase DB using some approriate API from a C++ Application? Or 2)Is it better to go for JNI Wrapper on the JDBC calls to connect to Sybase DB from C++ App. Problem definition: We have a C++ core application which logs to a file the packets which it grabs from an port/Interface at realtime and at the sametime sends it to a Web based GUI application over a socket connection.The logging in file is done, so that the same packet informatio...

how to identify the crlt+space+c using javascript
in my application i have logout button is there to close the window.but when the user closes the window with out using this button then i have to promt a messgae didnot singed out coreectly ..i have the code tat when user press alt+f4 or directly closing the window clicking on the X button of the window..using javascript.how can i identify user closes the butoon using ctrl+space+c to close the button Pls go through the explanation given here:http://www.arraystudio.com/as-workshop/disable-ctrl-n-and-other-ctrl-key-combinations-in-javascript.htmlCSR~ Please Mark as Answer if it solves your q...

Sending SMS using vb.net or C#.net using vb.net or c#.net
Hi  My requirement is I hav one csv file with these fields id,mobilenum,messgae,status.intiallu staus is 0. once i read the all fileds and take that mobile number.using tat mobile number  i need to send sms .after sending sms i shuld change status as 1 How to send sms thru coding (please dont provide any links.if it is provide also please give working links becox i checked codeproject .i didnt get any nice link. and also provide the how to update the status field im csv file   Thank ssandhya   To send SMS, you need some third party SMS providers. if you consul...

UNIX file system free space, used space, total space
Anyone have an idea about getting UNIX file system free space, used space, total space numbers without having to resort to something like the following ( which gets the percent of used space for a command-line supplied file system name stored in the variable ${file_sys} ): $per_used = `df -k | grep " ${file_sys}\$" | awk '{print \$5}'`; > Anthony (Tony) Esposito > Senior Technical Consultant > Inovis(tm), formerly Harbinger and Extricity > 2425 N. Central Expressway, Suite 900 > Richardson, TX 75080 > (972) 643-3115 > tony.esposito@ino...

ftp
- we simply want a piece of code that will find out how much space has been used on an FTP server. - we have had a junior c# developer writing the code but is now having problems. It seems to work intermittently with the code he has written (enclosed below) - it works fine when we have small numbers of files on the ftp server but starts to go wrong when there are lots (8 gig, 1000 files) - it seems to work more of the time when we put Thead.sleep statements in and it works consistently when we are stepping through the code in Visual studio. - it may be related to an asyncronous/sync...

superreview granted: [Bug 232503] Start using Empty[C]String() : [Attachment 140140] Use Empty[C]String()
Peter Van der Beken <peterv@propagandism.org> has granted Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.jstenback.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 232503: Start using Empty[C]String() http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=232503 Attachment 140140: Use Empty[C]String() http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=140140&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Peter Van der Beken <peterv@propagandism.org> > Index: editor/libeditor/html/Makefile.in > =================================================================== > @@ -58,19 +58,18 @@ CPPSRCS =...

superreview requested: [Bug 232503] Start using Empty[C]String() : [Attachment 140140] Use Empty[C]String()
Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.jstenback.com> has asked Peter Van der Beken <peterv@propagandism.org> for superreview: Bug 232503: Start using Empty[C]String() http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=232503 Attachment 140140: Use Empty[C]String() http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=140140&action=edit ...

How to run UNIX commands using C language ( C Language not C# langauge)
I am running Windows XP Professional and I want to run some UNIX commands from C langauge. Commands like semget and someother commands. Is there any tool that I can use with windows XP to run C language and use UNIX commands instead of installing the UNIX operating system. Thanks, HighOnCodingWanna get high! I think installing Linux is the way to go but have you looked at  http://www.cygwin.com?Cygwin is a Linux environment that run on Windows.  Check it out.    It's all over and I'm standin' prettyIn this dust that was a cityIf I could find a souvenier...

Web resources about - Sudden doubling of my C:\ space used - grc.techtalk

Doubling (textiles) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Doubling is a textile industry term synonymous with combining. It can be used for various processes during spinning . During the carding stage, ...

Facebook Nearly Doubling Dublin Space
Facebook will soon be on the move in Dublin after finalizing an agreement to move its European headquarters to a much larger space at No. 4 Grand ...

Doubling up on Ads Code Bounties
Starting today and extending through the end of 2014, all Whitehat bugs in our ads code will receive double bounties. We recently completed a ...

How FIFA is doubling the crowds at the 2015 Women's World Cup
The true total number of ticket sales and attendances at the 2015 Women's World Cup is likely to have been doubled by organisers after misleading ...

Vinyl records regain popularity among collectors with album sales doubling
Record collectors are riding a new boom in vinyl records.

Killer ice now at ‘pandemic’ level in Australia with use doubling among users
IT&#8217;S the most commonly used amphetamine in Australia and its affects are far from pretty.

Arctic ice melt seen doubling risk of harsh winters in Europe, Asia
The decline in Arctic sea ice has doubled the chance of severe winters in Europe and Asia in the past decade, according to researchers in Japan. ...

Double degree not doubling job chances
University students studying for an extra two years to receive ''double degrees'' are only marginally improving their job prospects, new research ...

Dairy cows 'suffer' from doubling of milk production in 30 years: Voiceless report
Intensified farming practices to meet the growing demand for milk are pushing dairy cows to "exhaustion" and exacerbating welfare problems such ...

Queensland experiences doubling in salmonella cases with 1,895 reports this year so far
There are close to 1,900 cases of salmonella in Queensland this year, more than double what is normally expected, health authorities say.

Resources last updated: 12/24/2015 7:49:09 PM