run as a service, not run as an application

How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run as an
application.

Your kindest most honest response will be appreciated.
------
PIII / 1Ghz / 384mb ram / WinXP Pro Sp2 / AntiVir / Kerio 4.2.1 / Ad-aware /
Spybot / a-squared / Spyware Doctor / Proxomitron / A4Proxy

0
John

"John Abraham" <Nobodyknowsabcdef@unknown.com> wrote:
> How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run as an
> application.

Use the MS utility srvany.exe, MS info here:

How To Create a User-Defined Service
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q137890/

Google srvany.exe for many more hits with samples/examples limitations and
explanations...

--
vista

0
vista
5/23/2006 3:24:16 PM
In grc.techtalk vista wrote:

> "John Abraham" <Nobodyknowsabcdef@unknown.com> wrote:
>> How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run
>> as an application.

Just curious, as I understand it all PPs actions are in User mode
anyway...?

> Use the MS utility srvany.exe, MS info here:
[ ]
> Google srvany.exe for many more hits with samples/examples
> limitations and explanations...

Right, since it may not work.  :)
But I am not a PP user (there are some around here though).

--
GRC Newsgroups/Guides: http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm#contents
http://www.grc.com/discussions.htm
>In grc.techtalk vista wrote:
>
>> "John Abraham" <Nobodyknowsabcdef@unknown.com> wrote:
>>> How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run
>>> as an application.
>
>Just curious, as I understand it all PPs actions are in User mode
>anyway...?

I think so. And depending on what you have it doing it can run multiple
processes.

>> Use the MS utility srvany.exe, MS info here:
>[ ]
>> Google srvany.exe for many more hits with samples/examples
>> limitations and explanations...
>
>Right, since it may not work.  :)
>But I am not a PP user (there are some around here though).

My guess is that it will break at least some of PP's functions, BICBW.

I wonder why John would like to do it?

--
GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets:
http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm