Networking stuff

Strangest thing (perhaps)
My local LAN has 4 boxes (one experimental)
192.168.1.10
192.168.1.20
192.168.1.30  ****
192.168.1.40

While having a play with the .30 as admin, I renamed the current
account hidden folder "NetHood" to NNethood to see if it could
clear up some bad cross-polluted resources. Seems to have been
a very bad idea.

Pings between machines are OK for IP and machine names.
It does recognize that the local workgroup is accessible but
refuses to enter it "Message: Not accessible. Contact ...yada ..."

Renaming the folder to its original
has been no help, nor
has a restore, nor
has a new admin account.

Anybody has a clue otherwise it might need a reinstall?

0
Bazza

In Steve Gibson's grc.techtalk - Bazza wrote:

> While having a play with the .30 as admin, I renamed the current
> account hidden folder "NetHood" to NNethood to see if it could
> clear up some bad cross-polluted resources. Seems to have been
> a very bad idea.

You did like this:

rename %userprofile%\nethood %userprofile%\nnethood

from some admin userprofile?

What is output of:

reg query "hkcu\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\user shell folders" /v nethood

from the same admin userprofile you borked?

How about output of...

cd /d %userprofile%
cacls nethood

--
            url=http://guysalias.fateback.com/pgpkeys.txt
0

>You did like this:
>rename %userprofile%\nethood %userprofile%\nnethood
>from some admin userprofile?

I was _in_ the %user ...% admin profile and renamed it from there.
The admin was a created profile with administrator priviledges (as distinct
from the common aministrator account)

>What is output of:
>reg query "hkcu\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\user shell folders" /v nethood
>from the same admin userprofile you borked?

Pretty much as I'd expect. Output = (with wrap)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\
user shell folders    nethood     REG_EXPAND_SZ   %USERPROFILE%\NetHood

>How about output of...
>cacls nethood

C:\Documents and Settings\admin\NetHood DUCHESS\admin:F
                                        DUCHESS\admin:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
                                        NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:F
                                        NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
                                        BUILTIN\Administrators:F
                                        BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)(IO)F

Pretty normal huh?
0
Bazza
5/29/2009 5:02:51 AM
My keylogger reports, Bazza <Anon@invalid.com>, to have written:

UPDATE:

Now lost connectivity entirely -(
Almost certainly due to crook LAN card (a cheap Realtek seems to work),
however, cannot remove/uninstall the device from the PC which won't let
go of the original card. Install time coming up soon <drat>.
0
Bazza

Networking Stuffs in C#
Hey people. I would like to know where do I learn about thos PING stuffs, IP ADDRESS using C# ? For example, I want to know my LOCAL NETWORK which PC is on by PINGING them and all. And also I would like to know which PORT is open. Maybe we could say PORT SCANNING ? Thank You. Greatly appreaciated. If available, you probably could do it with the System.Net namespace. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4)....

Networking stuff #2
Usual turmoil. Have just been connected to Australia's broadband network so yes. this 'could' be just a local thing however, my nice former ADSL system ran properly. Most hardware = Win 7x64 - 4 PCs were interoperable on LAN (192.168.1.xxx) - 1 laptop (Lenovo) on WiFi IP address 192.168.1.X and when plugged in via cable, it picked up 192.168.1.Y - 2 WAP units on LAN to service either the Lenovo or a Nexus 7 tablet - 1 TV set getting Youtube and 1 radio/amp for internet. Now. Ah now. The local provider (Telstra) has provided a 'Technicolor TG 797n '...

network and more network issues
Hello Guys I am running openSuse 11.0 on my Compaq CQ60 laptop, I have been able to muich tweaks but there aree two major issues I have with its ntwk Management. First the eth0 ip is not plug n play by that I mean if i configure an IP I have to restart the Laptop even if I dont use the Network Manager which is said to have issues, this is even worse that even after pinking the IP I cant ping anything except the eth IP. Also my wireless doesn't work. -- I am the bee, my head is just the beehive * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

IS Real networks up to the spy-ware stuff again?
From the lastest real player END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (All the way at the bottom of an incredibly long EUA.) "THE FOLLOWING TERMS APPLY TO YOUR USE OF GRACENOTE TECHNOLOGY: This application contains software from CDDB, Inc. of Berkeley, California d/b/a Gracenote ("Gracenote"). The software from Gracenote (the "Gracenote CDDB Client") enables this application to do online disc identification and obtain music-related information, including name, artist, track, and title information ("Gracenote Data") from online servers ("Gracenote CDDB...

How many of your networks are gigabit networks?
Almost all our desktops have gig nic cards. Our cabling is cat5e. It seems the bottleneck maybe the 10/100 Procurve 4000m switches we have. I am investigating if there will be any distinguishable difference in speed when running applications or copying data over our LAN if I were to switch out our 10/1000 switches with gig switches. Have any of you made the jump? Any suggestions as to what I should be looking for in equipement? We are a small shop of 75 users. Currently most of our servers are running in ESXi on Poweredge 1950 severs. Our main file server is still runni...

Network Neighborhood (my network places)
Hi, I've been looking through past postings on this question, and found only unanswered postings. My question is, how do I open the network viewer (I mean to receive all the networked computer names) in pb? I'm using pb 6.5, but we are in the process of upgrading to 8.03. From what I've seen, I'll probably have to use some kind of API such as calling from library mpr.dll, but there is little to no responses of this type of question in the past. Either that, or my searching skills have plummetted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian ---== Po...

Don't buy any of the Speedstream/Efficient Networks Stuff...
Hi All I got suckered into buying one of those Speedstream 2624 Routers with wireless on it. At first, it worked pretty good but about a week ago, some bozo from up in Canada, tried to hack into it... Apparently he managed to do something because after the barrage stopped, and things got back to normal, we thought it was all OK. Later on I find out that I can not set and use any UDP/TCP forwarding, etc anymore. I had it working before using Halflife, Quake, and my ham radio software Echolink. It doesn't work no matter what you do. Apparently Efficient Networks doesn't car...

network
Name: Techwolf Email: techwolf_at_30gigs.com Product: Bon Echo Summary: network Comments: secure network problems when in network try's to access secure web sites other than that firefox RULES the world Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1a3) Gecko/20060526 BonEcho/2.0a3 ...

network
network cannot be established by suse 11.1 beta version.. help me -- rambalaji ------------------------------------------------------------------------ please more infos which network card? is it new? -- STS301 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ STS301's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=17026 View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=401743 ...

network
Hi, I need to know if exists one api of windows for to change my ip address without to do shutdown. Thanks. ...

Network
Hi, I have been able install Bugzilla with no problems on windows server = 2008. It runs perfectly except that I cant see the program over the network. How do I get it running over the network properly. Thank you __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature= database 4837 (20100205) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com On 05/02/10 11:29, Jared wrote: > Hi, > > I have been able install Bugzilla with no problems on windows server 2008. > It runs perfectly except that I cant see the...

network
I run TB on a mac. My mail comes from my ISP (Demon). I want also to run TB on a second computer (mac laptop). I want to network TB so that emails may be read on either computer and sent from either computer. I did this for years with Turnpike (another email client, but not available for the mac). Can I do this? -- Trevor On 07/01/2012 07:25 PM, trevor wrote: > I run TB on a mac. My mail comes from my ISP (Demon). > > I want also to run TB on a second computer (mac laptop). I want to > network TB so that emails may be read on either computer and sent from...

stuff
http://lists.gpick.com * http://www.gpick.net/lists/ http://www.gpick.net/lists/tq/tip_quarry.htm http://www.gpick.net/lists/Windows_NT~2000_Info.htm http://www.gpick.net/sbr/security/rebindw2k.htm http://www.gpick.net/sbr/security/dummynet.htm * http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/main-nf.htm * http://www.tames.net/security/win2ksettings.htm http://www.tames.net/security/win2klinks.htm * http://content.techweb.com/winmag/windows/guides/win2000/02.htm * http://www.microsoft.com/technet/mpsa/start.asp http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q299/9/77.asp?SD=TECH http://www.an...

stuff
Hi All, I was under the impression that the Sybase 11.5 optimizer would not find an index if the query is in the same procedure as the CREATE INDEX. Check out this example: create procedure myproc as begin set showplan on select prod_no, name into #test from ... create index myindex on #test (prod_no) select * from #test where prod_no = X end I would assume the index would be ignored or an error would come up saying it wasn't found at optimization time. However, Sybase actually chooses to use the index according to the showplan. Anyone have a ...

Web resources about - Networking stuff - grc.techtalk

Synchronous optical networking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SONET and SDH, which are essentially the same, were originally designed to transport circuit mode communications (e.g., DS1 , DS3 ) from a variety ...

Networking - Casting begins for Paul Hogan project
New stars sought, old series renewed, here's the latest in television news and gossip.

Google’s search and social networking apps for iOS updated with tweaks
... Apples TestFlight . Google app Search made just for mobile Google+ - interests, communities, discovery Google’s search and social networking ...

Networking Stocks Break Out While Cisco Struggles
Barron's Networking Stocks Break Out While Cisco Struggles Barron's The charts show that smaller players such as Juniper, Infinera and Arris ...

Marvell Slips as FYQ3 Misses on Hard Drive, Enterprise Networking Weakness
Shares of chip maker Marvell Technology Group ( MRVL ) are down 3 cents at $9.21, after the company this morning warned Q3 revenue for the three ...

Headed to an event? These influential women share their best networking tips
... or an intimate cocktail party or our very own 2015 Women of Influence Awards tonight where nearly 650 people are expected to attend, networking ...

Jamie Foxx explains the networking tricks he used to launch his Grammy-winning music career
... and a desire to make the most of his two passions. In the latest episode of author and investor Tim Ferriss' podcast , Foxx explains the networking ...

Brocade, Cisco, Juniper leading networking and communication hardware market
Channelnomics Brocade, Cisco, Juniper leading networking and communication hardware market Channelnomics Brocade, Cisco, HP, Huawei, Avaya ...

Brocade, Cisco, HP Named Among Enterprise Networking Leaders
Brocade, Cisco, HP Named Among Enterprise Networking Leaders Channel Partners IHS is out with its 2015 report which breaks down how the top ...

Cisco Introduces Breakthrough Software Solutions for Cloud-Scale Networking
MaltaToday Cisco Introduces Breakthrough Software Solutions for Cloud-Scale Networking CNNMoney Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today introduced software ...