Networking #2

I have had my laptop up and running on the works network for a long time and
had no problems then one day all i can access is the internet. The server
could not recognise my computer and my computer could not even get in to the
workgroup. I took it home and tried it on my home network using a small 10
base hub. I tried both Windows ME and W2K on the same machine (dual boot)
and neither of them will connect... it doesnt seem to be a hardware problem
as i have tested the network card (3com 10 base T100 PCMCIA card) on another
computer and it seems to work perfectly. What could i be doing wrong? I have
also tried to rename both my home server and my laptop and that did not
work.

Thanks!
0
Only

> I have had my laptop up and running on the works network for a long time
and
> had no problems then one day all i can access is the internet. The server
> could not recognise my computer and my computer could not even get in to
the
> workgroup. I took it home and tried it on my home network using a small 10
> base hub. I tried both Windows ME and W2K on the same machine (dual boot)
> and neither of them will connect... it doesnt seem to be a hardware
problem
> as i have tested the network card (3com 10 base T100 PCMCIA card) on
another
> computer and it seems to work perfectly. What could i be doing wrong? I
have
> also tried to rename both my home server and my laptop and that did not
> work.

try to completely uninstall/reinstall the networking support
(i.e. card-driver, protocols, clients), reboot and reinstall the
network support, but be sure to reinstall the card driver from
the original CD or Disk
0
ObiWan
1/3/2002 9:59:00 AM
"Only Me" <kgilmour@eircom.net> wrote in message
> I have had my laptop up and running on the works network for a long time
and
> had no problems then one day all i can access is the internet. The server
> could not recognise my computer and my computer could not even get in to
the
> workgroup. I took it home and tried it on my home network using a small 10
> base hub. I tried both Windows ME and W2K on the same machine (dual boot)
> and neither of them will connect... it doesnt seem to be a hardware
problem
> as i have tested the network card (3com 10 base T100 PCMCIA card) on
another
> computer and it seems to work perfectly. What could i be doing wrong? I
have
> also tried to rename both my home server and my laptop and that did not
> work.

Take a look at your networking clients.
TCP/IP is working which does not need to be bound to a client.  Talking to
the other machines on your network does.
0
Mike

2 Network Cards #2
Hi, I am trying to use 2 network cards with Sybase V 12 under Windows NT. I have 2 separate network cards / IP addresses and am able to dos ping. Furthermore I can Sybping the backup server from a client PC on both ip addresses using port 5001. However when I configure ASE (under port 5000) using both IP addresses, one will fail. Any ideas. Cheers David The two network cards u have to specify in the sql.ini file. U copy the master and below entries as it is and copy in the same file and change the second entryn with the new network card address. Try Regard...

Viewing 2 Networks on 1 PC #2
Hi, I need to get this box up & running. Can anybody please help. This is how our network is presently configured Net Server -------------------------------------- | PC with 2 Network cards | -------------------------------------- | | Card 1 Card 2 10.0.0.x 192.168.x.x | | HUB to external network | | Internal Network In the Card 2 the deafult gateway has been set to IP of card 1. An evaluatio copy of WinRouter Pro 4.2 is also running. NAT has been enable...

two nics, 2 networks, 2 Default gateways
Hi, New to OpenSuse, but i'm trying to configure my 2 nics to see 2 different networks, and route both those networks. I can't seem to use the GUI to do anything good and it doesn't even seem to take the route command right, or editing any network scripts. anyone have any advice on this? Thanks -- mrose11 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You can't have 2 default gateways. Default means the last choice and there can only be one last choice for routing, by definition. If you know which IP addresses you want t...

2 nic cards - Novell Client
Does anyone know how to configure a workstation, with two network adapters, Windows 2000, to connect to the right tree? One nic has a static IP and no Novell network. The second nic has dhcp on the Novell network. Problem is, on boot up you get the Novell login prompt, but it doesnt see the right network. How do you configure the workstation to use the correct nic, to find the correct tree? If we disable the second nic it works. Unbind the Novell Client from the unwanted NIC by going into Network and Dialup Connections - [Advanced] menu | Advanced Settings | Bindings. ...

General network error. Check your network documentation #2
Hi We have a written a error log in Global.asax. which capture below mentioned error in the prodcution server. Same applications is working fine in some locations and some loactions we are getting the error.Any body knows why this error is occurs.Any body knows why this error is occurs. Error Message:General network error. Check your network documentation.Stack Trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OpenAndLogin() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection..ctor(SqlConnection connection, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() a...

SeaMonkey 2.2 #2
I have just re-installed 2.0.14 and it works a treat. Don't mess with wot ain't broke. D. ...

4.2.2.2
Occasionally I will get an alert from ZAF announcing "The firewall has blocked local network access to 4.2.2.2 (DNS) from your computer." The explanation says that ZA has blocked access to Port 53 on a DNS server. Why would ZA block this? As far as I know, it has never requested permission to access this server and I have never denied such permission. I use a Netgear router, and in order to make it work with my system, I was instructed to configure the DNS Configuration of the TCP/IP Properties of my network card and add 4.2.2.2 as one of my DNS Servers. Thanks for you...

2 #2
Name: woooooooooolf Product: Firefox Summary: 2 Comments: ПЕЗДАТЫЙ БРАУЗЕР , СУККА! И ПОЧТОВОЙ КЛИЕНТ ПЕЗДАТЫЙ! В томже духе ебаште и мы парабатим ээтот мир , када все будут юзать , мы пашлём им тройан ЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫЫ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 ...

Network #2
Hey after suse updated my computer it worked alot better but for some reason my only ethernet network card stopped working. uhm it says theres no network card but yast still shows a configured network card that isn't working. Yast also shows a non configured network card that I can't edit or delete. and ifconfig /all says theres no networks but ifconfig alone shows lo and works fine. ifup says theres no network card I didn't try route or ifdown yet. again yast says theres a configured network card there just as it was. but another one showed up unconfigured and i...

Any networking here? #2

2 #2
Name: Argenis Email: mechanical_rockstar_at_hotmail.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: 2 Comments: i'm mexican Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

2 #2
Name: heldernda silva Email: shelder67atyahoodotcodotuk Product: Shiretoko Summary: 2 Comments: 3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

2-2
Name: pepe_writer@hotmail.com Email: pepe_writerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 2-2 Comments: 22 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/530.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/2.0.173.1 Safari/530.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

upgrading from 2.16.2 to 2.20.2
Hi, I have Bugzilla 2.16.2 installed on RedHat 9, which is working fine. I want to upgrade to 2.20.2. I am using the tarball method mentioned in the bugzilla upgrade guide. bash$ tar xvf bugzilla-STABLE.tar bash$ cd bugzilla-2.20 bash$ cp ../bugzilla/localconfig* . bash$ cp -r ../bugzilla/data . bash$ cd .. bash$ mv bugzilla bugzilla.old bash$ mv bugzilla-2.20 bugzilla after this I tryed to run ./checksetup.pl. at last it gives the following error ---------------------------------- If you want to see pretty HTML views of patches, you sho...

Web resources about - Networking #2 - grc.techtalk

Synchronous optical networking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SONET and SDH, which are essentially the same, were originally designed to transport circuit mode communications (e.g., DS1 , DS3 ) from a variety ...

Networking - Casting begins for Paul Hogan project
New stars sought, old series renewed, here's the latest in television news and gossip.

Google’s search and social networking apps for iOS updated with tweaks
... Apples TestFlight . Google app Search made just for mobile Google+ - interests, communities, discovery Google’s search and social networking ...

Networking Stocks Break Out While Cisco Struggles
Barron's Networking Stocks Break Out While Cisco Struggles Barron's The charts show that smaller players such as Juniper, Infinera and Arris ...

Marvell Slips as FYQ3 Misses on Hard Drive, Enterprise Networking Weakness
Shares of chip maker Marvell Technology Group ( MRVL ) are down 3 cents at $9.21, after the company this morning warned Q3 revenue for the three ...

Headed to an event? These influential women share their best networking tips
... or an intimate cocktail party or our very own 2015 Women of Influence Awards tonight where nearly 650 people are expected to attend, networking ...

How different networking standards are competing to connect the Internet of Things
... network connection, these devices will fail to deliver that value. Device owners can choose between a number of established and emerging networking ...

Brocade, Cisco, Juniper leading networking and communication hardware market
Channelnomics Brocade, Cisco, Juniper leading networking and communication hardware market Channelnomics Brocade, Cisco, HP, Huawei, Avaya ...

Brocade, Cisco, HP Named Among Enterprise Networking Leaders
Brocade, Cisco, HP Named Among Enterprise Networking Leaders Channel Partners IHS is out with its 2015 report which breaks down how the top ...

Cisco Introduces Breakthrough Software Solutions for Cloud-Scale Networking
MaltaToday Cisco Introduces Breakthrough Software Solutions for Cloud-Scale Networking CNNMoney Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today introduced software ...