My CUSTOM Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird

http://www.bigview.net/norvin/files/

Since the early release versions, I have made custom versions of both
Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird.  My CUSTOM version of Mozilla
Firefox is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft
Internet Explorer.  My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Thunderbird is meant
for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft
Outlook Express, or another similar e-mail program.  It has the Calendar
Extension installed and many other enhancements the default release
version of Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't have.  The SPAM controls are nice
as well.

If you like both, please let me know.

Below are some of the differences my custom versions have...

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6

  1) Message Window Behavior is set to open messages in new windows.

  2) Thunderbird Start Page is turned off.

  3) Messages are displayed using Variable Width Font.

  4) Spell Checking is turned on.

  5) Messages composed with HTML will be sent as HTML even if the
recipient prefers plain text.

  6) Mostly Crystal Theme (mostlycrystal_tb_5.jar) by CatThief installed
and turned on.

  7) Calendar Extension (calendar_windows_20040618.xpi) by OEone Corp.
and Mozilla installed & configured.

  8) Get All Messages Extension (getmess.xpi) by Chris Neale installed.

  9) Weather Extension (weather 1-0-final.xpi) by Matt Moyer installed.

10) Remote image loading disabled.  This helps with avoiding SPAM as
SPAMMERS use this to verify what e-mail addresses they have are working
or not.

11) E-mail Address Collection is turned off.

12) Messages are marked as read as soon as they are clicked on.

13) If a read receipt is requested from a sender, one will not be sent.

14) Display Attachments Inline is turned off.

15) Thread Column & Read Column not shown.

16) E-mail Size Column shown.

17) Junk Column moved all the way to the left.

18) Address Book configured.

     - Screen Name & Organization columns not shown.
     - Mobile & Home Phone columns shown.
     - Instant Message button not shown.

19) After several attempts to get e-mail reply headers to show in
Mozilla Thunderbird without success, I found a way to have the FROM &
DATE headers added into the message.  Hopefully, this issue will be
corrected in a future version of Mozilla Thunderbird.  Many thanks go
out to the people that thought of this fix.

Mozilla Firefox 0.8

  1) Google is set as the default start page.

  2) History is set to 30 days.

  3) Download Manager History is cleared upon exiting Mozilla Firefox.

  4) Cookies are allowed for the originating web site only.

  5) You will be asked where to save files whenever you download files.

  6) The Download Manager will stay open upon completion of a download.

  7) File Types are all removed since everyone uses different programs
to open the same thing.

  8) Luna Theme (luna_0.6.3.jar) by Chris Cook installed and turned on.
  Mozilla Firefox will look like MSIE 6 SP-1.

  9) Tabbrowser Preferences Extension (tabprefs_0.5.xpi) by Chris Cook
installed & configured to allow proper tabbed browsing.

10) Spell Checker (spellcheck.xpi) & Spell Checker Front End 0.3
(spellcheckerfe0_3.xpi) by Torisugari installed & configured.  The Spell
Checker will check the spelling of any text entered into any text box.
Simply right-click in any text box and then left-click on "Check
Spelling".  The Spell Checker uses the standard U.S. English Dictionary.

11) "Use Find As You Type" & "to search links only" are both turned off.

12) "Use autoscrolling" is turned off.

13) "Use smooth scrolling" is turned on.

14) "Resize large images to fit in the browser window" is turned off.

15) Bookmarks Toolbar is turned off.

16) Print & New Tab buttons added to Navigation Toolbar.

17) "Use Small Icons" is turned off.

18) A few handy BOOKMARKS to have are added.

19) Dogpile, eBay, Vivisimo, weather.com, Webster, & Yahoo added to the
drop down search box list.

20) Macromedia Flash Player 7 installed.

ENJOY,
Norvin Adams III
0
Norvin

Norvin Adams III wrote:

> http://www.bigview.net/norvin/files/
>
> Since the early release versions, I have made custom versions of both
> Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird.  My CUSTOM version of Mozilla
> Firefox is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft
> Internet Explorer.  My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Thunderbird is meant
> for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft
> Outlook Express, or another similar e-mail program.  It has the Calendar
> Extension installed and many other enhancements the default release
> version of Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't have.  The SPAM controls are nice
> as well.
>
> If you like both, please let me know.

Nice work Norvin. And thanks for providing the zipped versions rather
than only the .exe like so many of the custom builds. This will save me
considerable amount of tweaking time during installs.

Maybe a couple of extensions I'd like to see in addition to the ones
you've already included: x 0.3, adds a paranoia button to the toolbar
and SpoofStick for FireFox: http://www.corestreet.com/spoofstick/

Any plans for FF 0.9 and TB 0.7?

Will
6/20/2004 3:36:00 PM