List of lists (listing of)

Ted
In the great List 'o lists., is there something which is
along the lines of "Personal organisers" ?

I have googled and found others - just wondering about  the lists
and couldn't see anything in there

I have a intense, executive type who's after something along the lines of
Lotus' personal organiser. Don't know why she wants to change from it
when I know she already has it installed.

Anybody else  got suggestions for a good one?

(and dont't ask what I mean by good - it's not for me - perhaps I mean
effective)
0
Bazza

In grc.techtalk, Bazza said...
> Ted
> In the great List 'o lists., is there something which is
> along the lines of "Personal organisers" ?

Here's a start, if Ted thinks it's worth another category ...

http://www.fileguru.com/information-managers/information-managers.asp

http://www.winplanet.com/winplanet/print/3982/

http://www.ypsolog.com/docs/comp/other/pim.html

> I have googled and found others - just wondering about  the lists
> and couldn't see anything in there
>
> I have a intense, executive type who's after something along the lines of
> Lotus' personal organiser. Don't know why she wants to change from it
> when I know she already has it installed.
>
> Anybody else  got suggestions for a good one?
>
> (and dont't ask what I mean by good - it's not for me - perhaps I mean
> effective)

I used and loved Lotus' Organizer for years.

And I quite like WinPim ...

http://www.winpim.com/

But Microsoft Outlook (the best I've used, and the most popular, and
the most compatible, and the most widely supported by PDAs, and by
third party developers, etc, etc) is the answer to your question, if
and until she's more specific about her requirements.

--
Milly
0
Milly <@.....> wrote:

>But Microsoft Outlook (the best I've used, and the most popular, and
>the most compatible, and the most widely supported by PDAs, and by
>third party developers, etc, etc) is the answer to your question, if
>and until she's more specific about her requirements.

My own conclusion, reached years ago and only supported by its history
ever since, is that Outlook is (potentially) great for everything but
email.  Connected to the Net, it's consistently been a liability --
right on up to the present.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-009.mspx

I confess to bias.  I have been so utterly disgusted by the damage done
to innocent Outlook users by Microsoft's neglect and incompetence that I
find it difficult to discuss the damned thing rationally.

pchelp
0
pchelp
3/11/2004 7:12:00 AM
Bazza posted this on grc.techtalk

> Ted
> In the great List 'o lists., is there something which is
> along the lines of "Personal organisers" ?
>
> I have googled and found others - just wondering about  the lists
> and couldn't see anything in there
>
> SNIP

ECCO PRO still alive (and now freeware !)

http://www.compusol.org/ecco/

Agate
0
agate
3/11/2004 11:30:00 AM
Bazza wrote:
> Ted
> In the great List 'o lists., is there something which is
> along the lines of "Personal organisers" ?

Not really.  I don't think the subject has ever come up
before in the three years of LoL's existence.  It looks
like you have received some good suggestions, and I'll
look into them as well.  And I'll also expect to hear from
you on your experiences and reviews  :-)

--
___
Ted
> Milly <@.....> wrote:
>
>>But Microsoft Outlook (the best I've used, and the most popular, and
>>the most compatible, and the most widely supported by PDAs, and by
>>third party developers, etc, etc) is the answer to your question, if
>>and until she's more specific about her requirements.
>
> My own conclusion, reached years ago and only supported by its history
> ever since, is that Outlook is (potentially) great for everything but
> email.

Well, it's potentially great for email too. It's just that almost
ten years of development hasn't realised that potential yet ;)

> Connected to the Net, it's consistently been a liability --
> right on up to the present.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-009.mspx

It's security *features* are now (finally) amongst the very best.
Bugs, alas, are a continuing and horrendous security problem.

> I confess to bias.  I have been so utterly disgusted by the damage done
> to innocent Outlook users by Microsoft's neglect and incompetence that I
> find it difficult to discuss the damned thing rationally.

This post got closer than your usual though ;)

--
Milly
0
<ted_quantrill@ntcanuck.com> wrote:

>Not really.  I don't think the subject has ever come up
>before in the three years of LoL's existence.  It looks
>like you have received some good suggestions, and I'll
>look into them as well.

Thanks Ted. No great pressing need. -)
Didn't think I'd missed "no subject entries"
The requirement will have been fulfilled before action occurs I'd expect.

> And I'll also expect to hear from you on your experiences and reviews  :-)
Oh Sure. If you'd like -)
Actually since it's not for me I'd expect to get
blame even if the prog. was good and useful.

Thanks Milly, pchelp and Agate too
0
Bazza
3/11/2004 9:28:00 PM
agate malory <88m9ihb02@sneakemail.com> wrote:

>Bazza posted this on grc.techtalk

>> In the great List 'o lists., is there something which is
>> along the lines of "Personal organisers" ?

>ECCO PRO still alive (and now freeware !)
>
>http://www.compusol.org/ecco/

I'll second that... I have a client who absolutely LOVES his ECCO.  He's
a dentist, with all that implies.

It's been performing reliably for him for at least 5 years I know of,
and I was easily able to adapt it to work from all three consoles on his
LAN.

pchelp
0
pchelp
3/12/2004 12:01:00 AM
Milly <@.....> wrote:

>In grc.techtalk, pchelp said...

>> My own conclusion, reached years ago and only supported by its history
>> ever since, is that Outlook is (potentially) great for everything but
>> email.

>Well, it's potentially great for email too. It's just that almost
>ten years of development hasn't realised that potential yet ;)

Ten more, and we'll see...  ;-)

>> Connected to the Net, it's consistently been a liability --
>> right on up to the present.

>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-009.mspx

>It's security *features* are now (finally) amongst the very best.
>Bugs, alas, are a continuing and horrendous security problem.

Yep.  Its integration with Office can be a big plus.  I'm not sure what
happens, though, when one tries to accomplish the same thing with non-MS
office apps...

>> I confess to bias.  I have been so utterly disgusted by the damage done
>> to innocent Outlook users by Microsoft's neglect and incompetence that I
>> find it difficult to discuss the damned thing rationally.

>This post got closer than your usual though ;)

I'm learning restraint.  Then again, if you didn't have that quirt...

pchelp
0
pchelp
3/12/2004 12:33:00 AM
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:01:45 GMT, pchelp@pc-help.org (pchelp) wrote:

>I'll second that... I have a client who absolutely LOVES his ECCO.  He's
>a dentist, with all that implies.
>
>It's been performing reliably for him for at least 5 years I know of,
>and I was easily able to adapt it to work from all three consoles on his
>LAN.

Aaah. Drat !

It wants pilot desktop installed for Ver 4.01
0
Bazza
3/12/2004 5:20:00 AM
Bazza <Anon@jeack.com.au> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:01:45 GMT, pchelp@pc-help.org (pchelp) wrote:
>
>>I'll second that... I have a client who absolutely LOVES his ECCO.  He's
>>a dentist, with all that implies.
>>
>>It's been performing reliably for him for at least 5 years I know of,
>>and I was easily able to adapt it to work from all three consoles on his
>>LAN.

>Aaah. Drat !

>It wants pilot desktop installed for Ver 4.01

Really??

I gather ECCO _can_ work with a Palm Pilot, but I never saw any
indication that it was REQUIRED.

I can tell you for certain that the dentist does not have Pilot Desktop
running.  I'm not sure of the exact version he's using, though.  We
downloaded and installed a free (formerly paid) version to upgrade his
ECCO about a year and a half ago.

Wrong version, perhaps?

pchelp
0
pchelp
3/12/2004 7:20:00 AM
This looks like a good starting point to find out all about ECCO:

http://www.eccorocks.com/

pchelp
0
pchelp
3/12/2004 7:22:00 AM
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:20:30 GMT, pchelp@pc-help.org (pchelp) wrote:

>Bazza <Anon@jeack.com.au> wrote:
>>Aaah. Drat !
>>It wants pilot desktop installed for Ver 4.01

>Really??

Seems to. Perhaps earlier versions don't. -(
Just a message about software not being detected (US Robotics).

"Installer has been unable to detect a valid installation
  of the US Robotics Pilot Desktop software. Please
  install the Pilot Desktopprior to installing the ECCO conduits"

Subsequently, the install completes but not "set up" shall we say.

I haven't been through all the PDF's yet.
Might be a clue somewhere.

Really shouldn't have to go playing around with servers
and creating network repositories. It's only going on a
stand-alone system with Win ME

>I gather ECCO _can_ work with a Palm Pilot, but I never saw any
>indication that it was REQUIRED.
>I can tell you for certain that the dentist does not have Pilot Desktop
>running.  I'm not sure of the exact version he's using, though.  We
>downloaded and installed a free (formerly paid) version to upgrade his
>ECCO about a year and a half ago.
They might rely on early files which already fill a function ? Can only guess.

>Wrong version, perhaps?
Doubt it. It's the only one for downloading ('corse someone'll prove me wrong)
0
Bazza
3/13/2004 1:04:00 AM
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:04:35 +1100, Bazza <Anon@jeack.com.au> wrote:

>Subsequently, the install completes but not "set up" shall we say.

Having had a play.
Some of it seems OK.
Might take getting used to.

Any idea why starting up ECCO automatically invokes
the Eudora Mail program? Maybe one shouldn't specify a mailer.
0
Bazza
3/13/2004 3:33:00 AM
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:33:49 +1100, Bazza <Anon@jeack.com.au> wrote:

>Any idea why starting up ECCO automatically invokes
>the Eudora Mail program? Maybe one shouldn't specify a mailer.

Problem solved - Tools / options / mailbox /log ...
0
Bazza
3/13/2004 3:38:00 AM
Good work, Bazza. This kind of feedback helps us all.   :-)

--
___
Ted
pchelp wrote:
> Milly <@.....> wrote:
>

>>But Microsoft Outlook (the best I've used <snipped at a most inopportune spot...)
>

> My own conclusion, reached years ago and only supported by its history
> ever since, is that Outlook is (potentially) great for everything but
> email.  Connected to the Net, it's consistently been a liability --
> right on up to the present.  <snip>

I'm wondering if Outlook might be better connected to... something
else... something... something not the 'Net... ;)
0
Kerry

list of lists
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C76CA6.0EA788E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Creating list of lists. =20 Hi All, =20 Could you help me to come up with idea how to generate list of lists on = fly as follows: =20 @LoL =3D ( ["state", "value", "value"], ["state", = "value", "value"], ["state", "value", "value"], );=20 State should be taken from hash %states where the state is a k...

List of lists...
seems to me the go buttons are no avail on the dns tools site. Just looking for an alternate search domain site, checkdomain seems down. -- rdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrd every new beginning is some other beginnings end..................Ric D. Dei Gratia <Rascal@myprivacy.ca> wrote: > seems to me the go buttons are no avail on the dns tools site. > > Just looking for an alternate search domain site, checkdomain seems down. Every Go button on that page works for me. Maybe you have some ad-blocking software that is keeping you from going to one...

Lists of Lists?
I've lost my bookmark for Lists of Lists and Google is helping me find it. Daze N. Knights wrote: > I've lost my bookmark for Lists of Lists and Google is helping me find it. Is that a request to bail out Google for you? ;-) http://lists.gpick.com/ On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:38:49 -0500, Lisa <noreply@noreply.com> wrote: >Daze N. Knights wrote: >> I've lost my bookmark for Lists of Lists and Google is helping me find it. > >Is that a request to bail out Google for you? ;-) > >http://lists.gpick.com/ Just did a Google search for it. ...

List of List
Could someone please tell me where I can find List of List Thanks Charlie Hatmaker hatmakec@bellsouth.net On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 21:53:36 -0500, "Charlie Hatmaker" <hatmakec@bellsouth.net> wrote: >Could someone please tell me where I can find List of List >Thanks >Charlie Hatmaker >hatmakec@bellsouth.net http://lists.gpick.com/ --- B-Twin *********************************************** Spam me and suffer the consequences. "I'm not a bad twin...just better." *********************************************** ...

list of lists?
anyone know what happened to the list of lists? my bookmark (which might be wrong) said http://www.gpick.net/lists/index.html . can't find it. thanx. -- Graciella! 'Not tonight dear.... I have a modem.' I've been unable to reach it for a couple of days now. -- JB Learn the Hazards http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/info17.htm "Graciella" <graciella@thisis.invalid> wrote in message news:MPG.15f34dfb9552b403989c0a@news.grc.com... > anyone know what happened to the list of lists? my bookmark (which might > be wrong) said http://www....

LIST OF LISTS
Hello: How can i include some list in another one? I have some lists of addresses under personal address book, but when i try to include (drag and drop) a list into another one, the first one becomes into a single address. thaks. Quique wrote: > Hello: > How can i include some list in another one? > I have some lists of addresses under personal address book, but when i > try to include (drag and drop) a list into another one, the first one > becomes into a single address. > > thaks. Try editing the properties of the first list and type the name of t...

List of lists
Someone recently posted a pointer to an excellent website which someone (from these groups?) had compiled. It is an excellent resource listing links to all sorts of software, hardware, text, reviews, etc. I used to have the link, but due to circumstances beyond our control, we lost it (disk crash - system rebuild.) Does anyone know the site I'm talking about? Can you post the link again? I promise I won't lose it again. Thanks, David nochezjunkspam@earthlink.net (UFidelis) wrote in news:3b270782.1185924@news.grc.com: > Someone recently posted a pointer to an exce...

List of Lists
Hey All, Could a kind soul furnish me with the URL to this very useful site? Andrew http://lists.gpick.com "Andrew" <waytoomuchspam@_spammy.com> wrote in message news:a15bii$6hn$1@news.grc.com... > Hey All, > > Could a kind soul furnish me with the URL to this very useful site? > > Andrew > > Thanks Duncan "Duncan" <duncan@fastlink.co.za> wrote in message news:a15c3a$75c$1@news.grc.com... > http://lists.gpick.com > > "Andrew" <waytoomuchspam@_spammy.com> wrote in message > news:a15bii$6h...

List of Lists
Can someone please verify that I have the right address for the List of Lists? I have http://www.gpick.net/lists/ I have been trying to get onto the web site, it loads up, but nothing is there. bowhuntr Hi! Try this: http://www.gpick.net/lists/pages.asp --=20 Cheers, -- Pentab=20 ***Reply to newsgroup only*** -- "bowhuntr" <bowhuntr@mynewroads.com> wrote in message = news:9r4su5$5hm$1@news.grc.com... | Can someone please verify that I have the right address for | the List of Lists? I have http://www.gpick.net/lists/ |=20 | I have been trying to g...

List of Lists...
was updated today. 23 new or changed items in 18 lists. --=20 ___ Ted http://lists.gpick.com/ http://www.gpick.com/tq/tip_quarry.htm (=AF`=B7.=B8 ...

List of Lists?
I forgot the address Regards Paul Here we go: http://lists.gpick.com/pages.asp?page=toc&SID=D92319893836975 Joh@nnes "news.grc.com" <paul.rankine@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:aar7c5$2ek4$1@news.grc.com... > I forgot the address > > Regards Paul > > ...

Where is List of Lists?
My link no longer works. I forgot to bookmark new web page to List of Lists. Joe K writes: > Next time be quicker!!! with reply. Thanks If I had been much quicker, I'd have posted the answer before you posted the question. ;-) Joe K writes: > My link no longer works. I forgot to bookmark new web page to List of Lists. http://lists.thedatalist.com/ Dennis Henderson wrote: > Joe K writes: > >>My link no longer works. I forgot to bookmark new web page to List of Lists. > > > http://lists.thedatalist.com/ Next time be quicker!!! with reply...

lists of lists (down?)
http://lists.gpick.com/ Hi is this page working ok for you if not is tere a similar page or mirror available? thanks mike Wandering aimlessly around grc.shieldsup, I heard mike ridew.. mention: > http://lists.gpick.com/ > Hi is this page working ok for you > if not is tere a similar page or mirror available? LoL is temporarily based at: http://webpages.charter.net/dstockbridge/ Should be back to normal in about a week... -- Don thank you Don "Don Voorhees" <abuse@12078.net> wrote in message news:1rj6fegglpox$.012@12078.net... > W...

List of Lists down?
I just tried to connect, and all I get on lists.gpick.com is a screenful of junk (like opening an exe file in a text editor). Anyone else having this problem? -- Jeff (cut "thetape" to reply) In article <dfbu25$2ekj$1@news.grc.com>, Jeff Layman writes >I just tried to connect, and all I get on lists.gpick.com is a screenful of >junk (like opening an exe file in a text editor). Anyone else having this >problem? Works fine here, including a couple of randomly clicked on internal links. -- GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets: http://www.imi...

Web resources about - List of lists (listing of) - grc.techtalk