Intel hdc driver?

For the first time ever Windows Update shows a driver update available for
my system.

Does anyone know what the Intel hdc driver version 2.0.0.2093 is for?

I've dug around Intel's site and can't find anything by that name and Google
came up empty. I don't want to install an update until I know what it is
for.
0
Big

"Big Tom" <unisteel_tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For the first time ever Windows Update shows a driver update available for
> my system.
>
> Does anyone know what the Intel hdc driver version 2.0.0.2093 is for?
>
> I've dug around Intel's site and can't find anything by that name and
Google
> came up empty. I don't want to install an update until I know what it is
> for.

I did the same thing and could find nothing.  I installed it anyway.  It was
for the Promary and Secondary IDE Bus Master HD controllers.  They came up
with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager.  My HD came up in
compatability mode and Windows no longer recognized my two CD drives.
Fortunately, MS's instructions for uninstalling it through System
Information, Tools, Update Wizard Uninstall  worked and everything went back
to normal.

Bill Terry
0
BillT
2/12/2002 3:03:00 AM
"Big Tom" <unisteel_tom@hotmail.com
> wrote in message news:a49vue$1aal$1@news.grc.com...

> For the first time ever Windows Update shows a driver update
> available for my system.
>
> Does anyone know what the Intel hdc driver version 2.0.0.2093 is for?

If I were to guess...Hard Drive Controller ~ a chip on mainboard.

Intel just recently (2002) released an application hardware
compatibility patch for unsupported mainboards that use various
Intel chipsets...440bx (approx.) to the new 850 chipsets.
If you have mainboard driver errors or errata showing up in the
hardware profiles then you may need this.  (like not getting DMA).

> I've dug around Intel's site and can't find anything by that name
> and Google came up empty. I don't want to install an update until
> I know what it is for.

If everything is working fine...don't worry about it.
If you do install it, it will appear in add/remove programs (Control Panel)
and you can always uninstall it.  But again...if everything works fine...

'Seek and ye shall find'
NT Canuck
0
NT
2/12/2002 3:05:00 AM
Thanks Bill and NT.

I think I'll pass on this update.
0
Big
2/12/2002 3:10:00 AM
BillT a eu l'amabilit� de nous faire part de ce qui suit (le Mon, 11
Feb 2002 22:03:08 -0500):

>"Big Tom" <unisteel_tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> For the first time ever Windows Update shows a driver update available for
>> my system.

>> Does anyone know what the Intel hdc driver version 2.0.0.2093 is for?

>> I've dug around Intel's site and can't find anything by that name and
>Google
>> came up empty. I don't want to install an update until I know what it is
>> for.
>>

>I did the same thing and could find nothing.  I installed it anyway.  It was
>for the Promary and Secondary IDE Bus Master HD controllers.  They came up
>with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager.  My HD came up in
>compatability mode and Windows no longer recognized my two CD drives.
>Fortunately, MS's instructions for uninstalling it through System
>Information, Tools, Update Wizard Uninstall  worked and everything went back
>to normal.
>
>Bill Terry

I did the same thing and I had the same problems, I really think that
Microsoft could warn people *before downloading* that it could lead to
potential pb. Those who are not computer litterate would never find
themselves the way to reinstall a properly configured system.

Windows Update is a one-click process and should be trouble-free...

I managed to reinstall my former hdc thanks to SiSoft Sandra, which
gave me the chipset ref of my controller, I didn't think of the Update
Wizard Uninstall, which I never used and forgot about :-\

btw, this is the first suggested MS Update which I have to discard...

--
Olivier Boursin, Bruxelles ================================
Config: PIII 800E @1066, 256 MbRAM, Win98SE, Mandrake 8.1

Stupidly I let windows update install it. Things didn't work properly after
that.

I checked the 3com and couldn't find any details of the driver M$ windows update
was offering to install.

Big Tom wrote:

> For the first time ever Windows Update shows a driver update available for
> my system.
>
> Does anyone know what the Intel hdc driver version 2.0.0.2093 is for?
>
> I've dug around Intel's site and can't find anything by that name and Google
> came up empty. I don't want to install an update until I know what it is
> for.
0
Normski
2/12/2002 8:45:00 PM
    The same thing happens with Intel, and I suspect other NIC drivers
listed on windowsupdate as well.  It not only loses all your LAN settings,
but thoroughly trashes the drivers and INF files to where even reinstalling
the OEM drivers is difficult at best.

KuoH

"Normski" <normski_r@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Funny you should say that. The last one to show up for my system was a
3com
> driver (I see the the hdc one as well).
>
> Stupidly I let windows update install it. Things didn't work properly
after
> that.
>
> I checked the 3com and couldn't find any details of the driver M$ windows
update
> was offering to install.
0
KuoH
2/12/2002 10:28:00 PM
I saw the same update.  I walked away from it after my experience with the
Windows Update audio driver for an Esonic (ES1373) sound card.  I am still
trying to recover from that one.

Lars

"Big Tom" <unisteel_tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For the first time ever Windows Update shows a driver update available for
> my system.
>
> Does anyone know what the Intel hdc driver version 2.0.0.2093 is for?
>
> I've dug around Intel's site and can't find anything by that name and
Google
> came up empty. I don't want to install an update until I know what it is
> for.

0
Lars
2/13/2002 1:23:00 AM
> > For the first time ever Windows Update shows a driver update
> > available for my system.
> >
> > Does anyone know what the Intel hdc driver version 2.0.0.2093 is for?
>
> If I were to guess...Hard Drive Controller ~ a chip on mainboard.
>
> Intel just recently (2002) released an application hardware
> compatibility patch for unsupported mainboards that use various
> Intel chipsets...440bx (approx.) to the new 850 chipsets.
> If you have mainboard driver errors or errata showing up in the
> hardware profiles then you may need this.  (like not getting DMA).
>
> > I've dug around Intel's site and can't find anything by that name
> > and Google came up empty. I don't want to install an update until
> > I know what it is for.
>
> If everything is working fine...don't worry about it.
> If you do install it, it will appear in add/remove programs (Control
Panel)
> and you can always uninstall it.  But again...if everything works fine...
>
> 'Seek and ye shall find'
> NT Canuck

It didn't show up in my uninstall list.  I had to go back to the Update site
and choose to uninstall it from there.
It didn't work on my Asus/Via system
0
Jbob
2/23/2002 5:22:00 PM
"Jbob" wrote...

<...>
> It didn't show up in my uninstall list.  I had to go back to the Update
> site and choose to uninstall it from there.
> It didn't work on my Asus/Via system

Same here.  After installation I had yellow exclamation marks next
to Primary and Secondary IDE controllers in the System Properties |
Service Manager window - a check on the Properties said it thought
there wasn't a driver installed.  After removal... tadaa... situation
normal.
0
reader

OutDated Drivers: How do Install Intel Drivers In Opensuse
Hi, I verify in Intel site that my Intel'drivers are outdated, because Dell Suport is slow, so how do I update them in Opensuse? Do I use Virtual Machine or try through Wine? Thanks in advanced! -- alexdbars ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wow, I did not know about that in the kernel were all needed drivers, I incoming on linux' Sphere about two months ago, so sorry by take your time to explain it to me, I will dig on linux hardware ! Thanks!! -- alexdbars ------------------------------------------------...

intel 945 gme; intel driver and external displays
Hi, I try to connect an external display (1440x900) to a laptop (dell inspiron 640m) with intel 945 GME, intel driver and opensuse 11 64 bit. Up to know I used as a workaround the i810 driver + profiles. (two different xorg.conf files). Now I decided to try the intel driver. So I launch Sax2 I configure the display for the right resolution I test it, save it and reboot. Of course the things do not work by itself decides that 1024x768 is better for him. Here is the xrandr output Code: -------------------- Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 1440 x 1...

Intel drivers
I have been very thankful over the years for this forum telling me when and where the latest hotpatch was available. Without this information I would have been at a loss each time we made a new hardware purchase. Our computers have always had Intel boards with onboard NIC. Just got our first couple of new computers for the year, getting ready for a major purchase and they don't work with the imaging server as NIC is not detected. Saw the latest HP1 for IR1 and thought I would be out of trouble again, but unfortunately no. Board is Intel DG33BU which has onboard NIC Intel ...

Intel drivers
Hello. Does anybody knows are there anywhere compiled drivers ver. 2.6 for intel graphics cards? OS is OpenSuse 11.1. Thanks. -- alexandrov ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alexandrov;1960442 Wrote: > Hello. > > Does anybody knows are there anywhere compiled drivers ver. 2.6 for > intel graphics cards? > > OS is OpenSuse 11.1. > > Thanks. I do not know, but I would like say you that I have a laptop with Intel 965 GM graphics adapter, and I had a terrible experience with openSUSE 11.1. ...

Drivers Drivers Drivers on Terminal Servers
Hi, Ive running NW6.5 Sp5 with iprint client 4.26 on a pool of 2003 terminal Servers. Clients have printers installed via login sript each time they login. 1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the TS and workstation 2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver or RPCS Driver. Thamks Mike Michael@nospam.ddg.com wrote: >1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the >TS and workstation No. >2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver ...

Intel Gigabit driver
I've installed an Intel gigabit nic in my 4.11 SP9 server. The driver version is 6.70 dated April 30, 2002. Is this the correct driver or should I download the latest from the Intel web site which has a 2003 date on it? Michael Golden Country Hearth Bakery Lakeland, Florida Michael, I've not seen the latest being a problem that shows up in these forums. -- Dave Lunn NSF SysOp http://support.novell.com We're running the latest, 8.01 (external, internal version is different), from Intel's site without problems on NW 4.11 w/SP9. &qu...

Update intel drivers
Im a newbie just installed suse12 kde and I like,I figured out how to get on the wed with the wireless,but am wandering on how I update the drivers on my intel mobile 965 display adapter. It seems that the browsing scrolling is very jerky,thats how I can describe it. -- mark9950 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The driver is built in, no need to update I use the same Intel chip and it works perfectly If you have a low end specification you may need to disable desktop effects Also some users find in Firefox > edit >...

Intel Graphics Drivers
Hi All, Bought a new Acer Aspire 5336 and im having some problems with the graphics card, It wont work (screen just goes off) unless i boot it using "nomodeset" in yast hardware its showing Code: -------------------- Display &#9474; &#9474; &#9500;&#9516;&#9472;Mobile Intel� GM45 Express Chipset &#9474; ...

Drivers for Intel DQ965GF
I'm trying to install NW 6.5 SP6 on a clone with an Intel DQ965GFEKR motherboard. Here's the specs: Intel DQ965GFEKR Motherboard with on Board RAID Controller Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66 GHz) Processor 4 GB PC533 DDR2 SDRAM -- (3) 80 GB SATA 7200 RPM Hard Drive Sony 16x EIDE DVD ROM Drive Integrated Intel Graphics Controller Integrated PCI Sound Integrated Intel Ether Express Pro 1000 I'm asked it to load and allowed for unsupported drivers. After loading the storage adapter drivers, it finds one device driver (IDECD). When I click on continue I get the messag...

Intel 5300 driver
I recently bought a new laptop and I installed suse 11 but my wireless does nto work. I have the Intel 5300 chipset. I searched for solutions online any it seems like many people have not been successful at getting this to work. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. would ndiswrapper work in this situation? -- lunar-blue ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC,it uses the iwl driver which is already in the kernel ( i may be wrong ) check it is installed via YaST Andy -- To be is to do = Immanuel Kant To do is to b...

Driver for Intel ICH6 PATA?
This is related to the PXE Linux initrd config: We have issues with a new laptop - the hard drive controller (ICH6 I think) is not recognised. When you run 'img ih' it says "Intel Corporation Unknown device 0x2653". The HDD is PATA, and mounts as /dev/hdc. The problem is that it operates VERY S L O W L Y. A restore operation that takes 15 mins on another laptop might take 60 mins. The HDD does not have DMA enabled, and hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc says that DMA cannot be enabled. There are no settings in the BIOS that seem relevant apart from a "32-bit"...

intel g33 driver
Hi all, I'm a complete opensuse newbie. I want to install this driver, but I don't know how to do it. 'Index of /repositories/X11:/Drivers:/Video:/intel-G33/SLE_10_SP1' (http://tinyurl.com/6ao92v) Thanks in advance. -- linuca ------------------------------------------------------------------------ heey... where from can i get the Intel G33 driver for openSuse 11??? -- tokifukaz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tokifukaz's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=29102 View this thread: ...

configuring the intel graphics driver
I could use a bit of help here. My system occasionally, not often, but enough to bring me to do something about it, keeps freezing. Hard lock-ups. This is a known bug for openSUSE 11.3 and intel video cards. So, I tried some suggestions and updated my kernel to 2.6.35. Nope. Same prob. I updated Xorg, mesa, drm, cairo (had to go to Factory for that one). I finally got all the requirements met as listed on 'Intel Linux Graphics: 2010Q2' (http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2010Q2.html) and I download the intel 2d driver, since it's newer than what comes with openSUSE, even ...

Drivers? Intel board DG33BU
Have got some more pcs with Intel board DG33BU. These are the same model board as a recent purchase for which Zen works OK. I can't see a revision number on the newer boards. PXE boot Linux stops just after 'Starting hardware detection' always get: udevd-event[3443]: create_node: symlink(../../sda, etc) failed:File exists now get as well, twice, and then hangs with no keyboard response: udevd-event[3878]: wait_for_sysfs: waiting for '/sys/devices/ocu0000:00/0000:1c.1/0000:02:00.0/host4/target4:0:1:0/bus' failed What coul...

Web resources about - Intel hdc driver? - grc.techtalk

Adam Driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adam Douglas Driver ( 1983-11-19 ) November 19, 1983 (age 30) San Diego, California , U.S. His father's family is from Arkansas and his mother's ...

Record number of fine defaulters losing drivers’ licences - AdelaideNow Search Search
A CRACKDOWN on fine defaulters has resulted in a record number of drivers’ licences being suspended, figures show.

Vic drink driver caught five times limit
A MELBOURNE man has learnt the hard way that you shouldn't drive the morning after a night of partying.

AMD Releases Crimson 15.12 WHQL Drivers
... new Radeon Software Crimson Edition . This release included the brand new Radeon Settings and promised a new commitment to more frequent driver ...

Judge knocks Uber over latest attempt to bar drivers from class-actions
... newly issued labor agreement . He also ruled that the new agreement does not affect members of the certified class of California drivers who ...

Judge Faults Uber for Confusing Drivers With New Contract
Uber Technologies Inc. won’t be able to impose a new contract on drivers who are suing the company to be treated like employees after a federal ...

Uber drivers are fighting for their rights
An employment tribunal case brought by Uber drivers against the cab-hailing app kicks off in London on Friday. It's the preliminary hearing ...

Uber Sends Drivers New Contract That Includes Opting Out Of Any Current Class Actions
Was Uber trying to deliberately trick its drivers when it sent out a new driver agreement, or just trying to make its contract provisions clearer? ...

Man Stabs DC Bus Driver Because Of Bump
'I just got out of jail. I don’t care about going back'

Taiwan firms obtain verification for OLED driver ICs from Samsung, but still awaiting orders
Taiwan-based IC design houses have disclosed their OLED panel-use driver ICs already went through verification by Samsung's procurement unit, ...