Hemera, wmf and Windows 7

I have a large collection of Hemera clipart. Because of the way the
files are stored and named it seems necessary to use their antiquated
GraphicsDesk.exe to be able to search for files. This still works on
Windows 7 but is very slow to preview certain files.

I've discovered that the files it is slow to preview are all in wmf
format. I'm wondering if the preview slowness is being caused by Windows
7 and if there is anything that can be done to speed the process up. It
takes around 2 seconds to preview a wmf file which is slow enough to be
frustrating when searching graphics. I use MSE and MBAM and tried adding
exceptions for wmf but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I also
tried using compatibility mode when running GraphicsDesk.exe but then it
failed to find the collections at all.Any other suggestions for how to
speed previews up. Thanks.
0
Chris

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7
Name: Bernard Le Lann Email: bernarddotlelannatlapostedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7 Comments: Depuis que j'utilise Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 est extrêmement lent, pour afficher une nouvelle page ou pour passer d'un onglet à un autre. ======================================= Since I use Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 is extremely slow to display a new page or move from one tab to another Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; fr; rv:1.9.1...

Windows 7 isn't Windows 7?
Looks like Windows 7 is actually Windows version 6.1? What the heck? -- Joe With great power comes great responsibility. jmarton;1939109 Wrote: > Looks like Windows 7 is actually Windows version 6.1? What the heck? > > > > -- > Joe > With great power comes great responsibility. Yup, someone could probably sue MS for false marketing :) Thomas -- http://thsundel.blogspot.com/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128 View this threa...

Windows 7 #7
Name: Albert Offerein Email: adotoffereinatupcmaildotnl Product: Shiretoko Alpha 1 Summary: Windows 7 Comments: This browser works perfect in Windows 7 RTM build 7600 . The 3.5 was crashing from time to time, and i do not wanted to go back to IE8, so i am happy with this namoroka Each morning i install the update ( nightly build ) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a2pre) Gecko/20090901 Namoroka/3.6a2pre (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/namoroka/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a ...

windows 7 #7
Name: kieran Email: kieranian2001atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: windows 7 Comments: works on windows 7 but needs to be run from download rather than downloaded separately and then run Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Will Windows 7 install over Windows 7 Trial Edition
A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed to stop working after so many months Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? "mgwmp" <p.zie@cnn.com> wrote in message news:ha4jid$2lmg$1@news.grc.com... >A couple new systems were shipped with Windows 7 Trial Edition, timebombed >to stop working after so many months > > Can a retail version of Windows 7 be installed over the Trial Edition ? > It depends on which "trial edition." If it was the RTM, then this is identical to th...

Windows 7 drivers can only be uploaded from a Windows 7 operating system
And I AM trying to upload Win 7 drivers to the Broker from Win 7 x64 Enterprise using IE8 Anybody has a solution? Seb IPPSRVR.NLM Loaded from [SYS:SYSTEM\] on 14 Feb 2011 2:42:56 pm (Address Space = OS) Novell iPrint Server Version 4.02.01 24 June 2009 Copyright (c) 1989-2008 Novell Inc. All rights reserved. iPrint Client 5.56.00 Seb "Sebastian Cerazy" <sebastian.cerazy@(nospam)spgs.org> wrote in message news:TlQ6p.18364$325.3079@kovat.provo.novell.com... > And I AM trying to upload Win 7 drivers to the Broker from Win 7 x64 >...

Windows 7 And Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows 7 (IR4)
Good afternoon, I'm currently employed at *Private* in IT, and since July we've been moving every PC over to Windows 7 (Upgrading Macs as well). So far so good, but we've run into a few walls with things we want to do. I've searched quite a while on it, and managed to make Novell the default login screen like it was in XP. However, we want to try and take it one step further and make the specific user's name as the default username. (Once again as it was in XP). We've had some issues, well, widespread issues, with people losing network drives and the li...

Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7
Hi, I recently installed Delphi 7 on a Windows 8 machine putting it into a non-system folder. When I found that it wasn't displaying (Delphi) help files I downloaded and installed WinHlp32.exe from the MS website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91 and this solved the problem. But when I try to view the Windows SDK by selecting the appropriate menu item under the IDE Help menu I get the Winhelp runtime error message "Microsoft Help has stopped working". Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to be able to view the Windows SDK files that sh...

Host A Windows 7 Launch Party And Get Windows 7 Ultimate For Free
It seems that Microsoft is trying to explore some new ways of promoting their upcoming operating system Windows 7. Other methods of promoting Windows 7 are slowly coming to light next to the official launch parties that are hosted by Microsoft in various cities throughout the world. One of the – rather unusual – strategies to promote Windows 7 are so called house parties that can be held by users living in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the US or UK. If you are living in one of the countries and have a computer system that is ...

Windows 7 Pro Windows 7 Novell Client SP1 Client IR4-IR9a
I have a couple users if they open multiple files and multiple explorer windows all the mapped novell drives disconnect and then Windows 7 will freeze. The workaround I have found is to install Novell Client SP1 for Windows Vista and the drives stay mapped. Anyone have any thoughts? Also only on our Windows 7 machines occasionally only one drive will disappear. -- bdcostley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bdcostley wrote: > > I have a couple users if they open multiple files and multiple > explorer windows all the ...

Windows updates for Windows 7
Two updates just appeared in Windows Update today for Windows 7 http://support.microsoft.com/KB/976098 December 2009 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems Important This update supersedes and replaces update 970653, which was released in August 2009. This update also includes additional time zone changes that were signed in to law after update 970653 was created. If you have already deployed update 970653, read the descriptions of the specific time zone changes that are addressed in this article to determine whether you must deploy this updat...

Fullscreen window under windows 7
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to enlarge a window to cover the entire screen. I've tried using the following code gwlstyle = GetWindowLongPtr(Handle,GWL_STYLE); SetWindowLongPtr(Handle,GWL_STYLE,gwlstyle&(~(WS_DLGFRAME|WS_BORDER|WS_THICKFRAME))); SetWindowPos(Handle, HWND_TOP,0,0,1680,1050,SWP_FRAMECHANGED|SWP_DRAWFRAME); ShowWindow(Handle,SW_SHOW); but the window keeps resizing down to show the taskbar. Using MFC it's enough to remove the WS_THICKFRAME and resize the window, but it doesn't work under builder 2010. Hope someone can help. > I'm t...

Sybase 7 under windows 7?
Or am I nuts to even try? 9.0.2.3924 seems to be the lowest version officially tested http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288#footnote_5 I'm having some relative success testing it, but my fat client using using the Sybase 7 driver seems to be failing when querying a table with more than 1 row. No doubt this is not supported. However we might be able to provide some suggestions. Can you be more specific with the problem? -- Josh Savill Sybase An SAP Company - Product Manager On 11/10/2010 1:02 PM, Chris Harn wrote: > Or am I nuts to even try? > > ...

Web resources about - Hemera, wmf and Windows 7 - grc.techtalk

The Windows Blog

PD: Wendy's manager told to break all of the windows in phone hoax
Break the windows of your restaurant. Right now.

Chrome picks up bonus security features on Windows 10
(credit: Moyan Brenn ) The Windows 10 November update (version 1511, build 10586) included a handful of new security features to provide protection ...

Extensions are coming to Microsoft Edge via the Windows Store, and Insiders will be able to try them ...
The kindest thing that can be said about Microsoft Edge is Windows 10 's new browser has potential . It’s far from awful, it’s just rather unfinished. ...

The truth about how well Windows 10 is doing with Microsoft's most important customers
In January, Microsoft said that 75% of its enterprise customers are testing Windows 10. New research from a company called Spiceworks shows ...

Windows 10 quick tips: 5 ways to speed up your PC
Want Windows 10 to run faster? We've got help. Take a few minutes to try out these tips, and your machine will be zippier and less prone to performance ...

Arizona Wendy’s, Jack In The Box Hit By Prank Calls Instructing Workers To Break Restaurants’ Windows ...
If you work at a restaurant, or any other business with windows, take note: don’t listen to anyone who calls and tells you to break every window ...

VAIO's debut Windows 10 phone is a lot prettier than its name
A few years ago, Windows Phone tried to make a splash with vibrant colors, sharp contours and unusual palettes. Then things got a little quiet. ...