Firefox within Firefox

For a short time now (likely since upgrading to FF 1.5.02) I've noticed that
when running a Firefox session, ZA will popup a notice that Firefox --
verified the same exe as the running one -- is "trying to access the
internet."  This is confusing because it's already accessing the internet,
thanks much.

However, the destination IP is always along the lines of
206.141.192.60:DNS, which translates to dns1.chcgil.sbcglobal.net, part of
my ISP.  So I've been saying yes.  But I'm wondering why of a sudden this
access is taking place, or being questioned, or whatever. Anyone had similar
behavior and can explain, or at least just say "chill, 's'cool" ??

THX JLJ  ("That's a helluva xylophone," Jerry lied. "Jeepers!")

0
JL

JL Jones wrote:
> For a short time now (likely since upgrading to FF 1.5.02) I've noticed that
> when running a Firefox session, ZA will popup a notice that Firefox --
> verified the same exe as the running one -- is "trying to access the
> internet."  This is confusing because it's already accessing the internet,
> thanks much.

> However, the destination IP is always along the lines of
> 206.141.192.60:DNS, which translates to dns1.chcgil.sbcglobal.net, part of
> my ISP.  So I've been saying yes.  But I'm wondering why of a sudden this
> access is taking place, or being questioned, or whatever. Anyone had similar
> behavior and can explain, or at least just say "chill, 's'cool" ??

It's doing a DNS lookup. You might have a firewall rule that allows DNS
lookups to a particular IP address, and if/when that changes (or you get
bounced to your secondary or tertiary DNS server due to timeouts), ZA
prompts you. Your ISP may be doing maintenance or adding new DNS servers
as well.

Bottom line, say yes.

wadester
0
wadester

Web resources about - Firefox within Firefox - grc.techtalk

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox