Firefox add-on "slogger" no longer supported with Firefox 3.x

Hello everyone,

I did some research on my own to find a replacement or a way to make it work
with Firefox 3.x since I found it so convenient.

Since this was not really successful I turn to the group if anyone has
advice :-)

slogger is an add-on that (as I configured it) keeps a monthly log of URLs
that I loaded (with timestamps)
and a text-only-version of the pages (named with the timestamp) so that I
can do full-text-search.

Whenever I didn't remember where I had been seeing some information I
searched through these logs and I did find what I was
looking for quite often (I wrote a BAT for it since I use it quite often).

And I was able to quickly see where I've been when including the
availability of removing noise via grep...

Of course now that I have FF 3.0 and it doesn't work anymore
I can simply start googling for what I'm searching but drilling down what I
have already done before (and don't
remember exactly when) is frustrating.

These are the things I found so far:

How-to to make slogger work with FF 3.0 (but only when triggered manually
which is useless):
http://firefoxjourney.blogspot.com/2008/06/enable-slogger-0620061221-with-firefox3.html

Another add-ons I will try some time:

WebMynd:
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/6416

Breadcrumbs:
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/2954

--
Armin

0
Armin

Firefox 3.5 beta links the "Firefox" button on the Mozilla homepage to the "Personal" page
Name: Jack Stevenson Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.5 beta links the "Firefox" button on the Mozilla homepage to the "Personal" page Comments: On Safari, the Firefox product button goes to http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html, but on f-fox 3.5 beta it goes to http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a respon...

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache
Name: Andy Email: asefkow_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox should add a "disk cleanup handler" so that Windows "Disk Cleaner" can clear the Firefox cache Comments: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/disk_cleanup.asp When I am running low on disk space, I run the Windows "Disk Cleanup" tool, accessible on the General Tab when you click Properties on your C: drive. This lets me clear the IE cache, temporary files, empty trash, etc. al...

The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Flavio Serra Product: Firefox Summary: The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: I have to scroll with the mouse all to the right. it was easier with a button in the navigation toolbar. Easiest way is as MS Exlorer or Google Chrome (in my view). best regards Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you...

(Simple) suggestion for Firefox 3 beta 1 release
Name: MC Honig Email: meindertatarchwaredotnl Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: (Simple) suggestion for Firefox 3 beta 1 release - Malware detector: add "Take me back" under "Take me away from here" Comments: Presumably, many people will stumble onto such a site from somewhere else they were busy at, and I would guess that many would find it more useful to go back than to go to the firefox start page :) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; nl; rv:1.9b1) Gecko/2007110903 Firefox/3.0b1 ...

"X"ing out of Firefox leaves Firefox running
Name: michael elliott Email: openmind1atearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: "X"ing out of Firefox leaves Firefox running Comments: Scenario. I open Firefox 3 from my desktop icon. I work with it and close it by clicking on the red X in the upper right corner of my window. Later on I attempt to open Firefox again. Clicking on the icon sets the hourglass in motion for a second or two. Sometimes I get an error message telling me I already have a Firefox session running and that I have to close it before I can open a new one. Sometimes I don't get tha...

Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As"
Name: Thaddeus Polit Email: ThaddeusdotPolitatlmcodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Not working in Firefox 3.1b2: "Save Image As", "Save Link As", and "Save Page As" Comments: Firefox 3.1b2 - When I click "Save Image As", "Save link As", or "Save Page As", nothing happens. The "Save As" dialog does not appear. Due to this problem, I have been forced to start using I.E. Yuck! Please help! Sincerely, Thaddeus Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) G...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1".
Name: Jonathan Sprague Email: sprag80atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1". Comments: I have Windows 7. Personas 1.3.1.does not add-on to my system. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback bu...

Prefer Firefox 2 to new "features" of Firefox 3
Name: Wyn Snow Email: wsnowatwebsites4smallbusinessdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Prefer Firefox 2 to new "features" of Firefox 3 Comments: I do NOT like the new "look and feel" of Firefox 3. I don't need/like metallic. It is harder to read. I want the choice of being able to have it look the same as Firefox 2 with white/readable tabs. I do not like the "long" version of history. I am quite happy just seeing the http's. The new version makes it harder to see/find the https. I do not like having a "Most Visited" links suddenly ...

buggy "incompatible Add-ons" window during 1st launch of Firefox 3 Beta 3
Name: Matthew Sanchez Email: junk12atcoxdotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: buggy "incompatible Add-ons" window during 1st launch of Firefox 3 Beta 3 Comments: After installing Firefox 3 Beta 3 and Firefox 3 is launched for the 1st time, the window displaying the incompatible Add-Ons does not scroll properly. The last item in the window (assuming the # of listed items is larger than the window) only shows the top half of the text, and when scrolling the window the text jumbles together as well. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5....

Firefox 3 Beta 3
Name: Keith M. Email: keith0256atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 Beta 3 - two "Get Bookmark Add-ons". on Bookmarks menu Comments: Nothing to add, just seeing two menu choices that both say "Get Bookmark Add-ons", both have the blue plus icon in front of them. I am not currently running any bookmark add-ons. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020514 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Firefox 3.6 beta 1
Name: Jeff Wygum Email: jwygumatnorsedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6 beta 1 - New feature "Personas" Install fails with "Not compatible w/3.6b1" Comments: Firefox 3.6 beta 1 - New feature "Personas" Install fails with "Not compatible w/3.6b1" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must...

Firefox 3.6 series report "Firefox already running"
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.6 series report "Firefox already running" Comments: Firefox 3.6 series including the newly released version 3.6.2 report "Firefox is already running" after closing the browser and opening it again. One has to kill Firefox task to be able to open the browser again. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if ...

Web resources about - Firefox add-on "slogger" no longer supported with Firefox 3.x - grc.techtalk