error message when sending an email

Hello. I'm trying to send an email from one acocunt to another to test but
I'm getting this error.
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.MyName.org', Server:
'mail.MyName.org', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10060, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0E
I I understand the error message but how do I get rid of the socket error?
I'm using outlook express 6 and windows xpsp2 to do this. Thanks.

0
marrie

"marrie" <SA@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:el78e3$m5f$1@news.grc.com...
> Hello. I'm trying to send an email from one acocunt to another to test but
> I'm getting this error.
> The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.MyName.org', Server:
> 'mail.MyName.org', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
> 10060, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0E
> I I understand the error message but how do I get rid of the socket error?
> I'm using outlook express 6 and windows xpsp2 to do this. Thanks.

Sounds like the account is not properly configured in Tools > Accounts > Mail.
Are the proper servers and ports entered?
For example, EarthLink doesn't use the standard pop3 port for outgoing mail, and the port they use requires
authentication.

--
Steve
95isalive

0
95isalive
12/6/2006 11:25:11 PM
Unfortunitally Bluehost does not say wiat ports are used when configuring
the email  access or not that i'm aware of anyways.

0
marrie

Sending Email Messages Error
Hi All I have a simple application that sends emails which I got from http://delphi.about.com/od/indy/a/email-send-indy.htm This works fine on my pc when in Delphi XE2 environment and also when I run the .exe on my pc. When running the .exe on other pcs on the network (that have email and network capabilities) I get a error message:- "ERROR: Service not available Status: Disconnected. Status: Disconnecting. Status: Connected. Status: Connecting to 192.168.1.1. Status: Resolving hostname Serv-mail01.Serv.local." I've run as Admin and still the same error. ...

Error message sending an email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C62274.7EE67120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am new to the bugzilla system and this is probably a trivial setup question. I've installed bugzilla on Windows 2003 Server with Apache running on it. I also have IIS running on the same machine for other purposes, but it's not used by bugzilla. I followed the step by step instructions at this site: http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/win32install.html I am able to access bugzilla an...

Sending Email Messages Error #2
Hi All I have a simple application that sends emails which I got from http://delphi.about.com/od/indy/a/email-send-indy.htm This works fine on my pc when in Delphi XE2 environment and also when I run the .exe on my pc. When running the .exe on other pcs on the network (that have email and network capabilities) I get a error message:- "ERROR: Service not available Status: Disconnected. Status: Disconnecting. Status: Connected. Status: Connecting to 192.168.1.1. Status: Resolving hostname Serv-mail01.Serv.local." I've run as Admin and still the same error. ...

error message when sending email through Gmail
I got the following error message when I tried to send email through gmail: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond I know the following code is correct because many people use the same code and it works.  I set the POP enabled in the gmail account.  Can anybody tell me what has caused this error?  Thanks in advance.Dim mail As System.Net.Mail.MailMessage = New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage() mail.To.Add("aFriend@gmail.com"...

Error message when I try to send an email
I'm getting this error message when I try to send an email: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. Source Error: Line 48: Line 49: SmtpMail.Send(txtFrom.Te...

Error while sending message to one email address
This is what I see on GWIA when I try to send message to xxxxxx@xxxxxx.net > │ GroupWise 5.2 Internet Agent > ---------------------------------------------------------- > │07:02:28 0 Detected error on SMTP command > │07:02:28 0 Command: HELO archatl.com > │07:02:28 0 Response: 551 Verification of sending machine failed: no mail > │ will be accepted > │07:02:28 0 Building undeliverable message ...

CDO.Message fails to send email with no errors
I have had the same information form on my site for 2 years and it has always worked fine but suddenly I do not receive emails anymore.  There are no errors and the rest of the form works fine.  Once the user fills out the form it shows them a presentation.  That still works.  I thought maybe my email address was getting blocked due to spam but I tried various other email addresses, even those with different hosts, still no emails get sent.  My website is hosted by Network Solutions.  I called them and asked them if they updated their servers or made any other c...

Error trying to send email
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. :-) I'm having a problem sending an email message. I keep getting an error "Could not access 'CDO.Message' object." After looking at the help for Smtp.Send it looks like this is a data error but I've tried to call both send routines, one with a MailMessage object and one with all the text strings. Here's the code I wrote: string strBody = ""; MailMessage BidRequest = new MailMessage(); foreach (string s in Request.Form.AllKeys) { if ((s == "__VIEWSTATE") || (s == "Button1")) ...

error message when sending email through gmail #2
i got the error message when i tried to send email through gmail:   The operation has timed out. The operation has timed out. this is my code:Dim mail As System.Net.Mail.MailMessage = New System.Net.Mail.MailMessage() mail.To.Add("aFriend@gmail.com")mail.Subject = "automatically sent email " mail.From = New System.Net.Mail.MailAddress("myAccount@gmail.com") mail.Body = "If you receive this email, it means you don't need your own email server to send email through internet. You may use gmail server. This message has b...

error when i send email to new user(welcoime message)
 hi..when i add my users to the site and send them the welcome message i get this error The user or users have been added successfully, but there was an error in sending the e-mail message. The server may not be set up correctly to send e-mail. To verify that e-mail is configured correctly, contact your server administrator.   i ve properly given then settings in central admin and site admin...wat might be de prob for it ----Jai---------http://www.jayaraja.comhttp://blog.jayaraja.com Can you post the configuration details? Regards,PrashantDont forge...

Error message: sending of message failed
Hi all.. WHen I try to send email, I get the following message? Sending of message failed. Error writing temporary file. This is my first time trying to send messages. I have windows vista home basic edition. Can you please help me? Yours truly Casper. Casper said the following On 03/01/2008 10:28 AM: > Hi all.. > > WHen I try to send email, I get the following message? > > Sending of message failed. > Error writing temporary file. > > This is my first time trying to send messages. > I have windows vista home basic edition. > &g...

Sending Email Messages Error (Duplicated Thread. Please remove) [Edit]
Hi All I have a simple application that sends emails which I got from http://delphi.about.com/od/indy/a/email-send-indy.htm This works fine on my pc when in Delphi XE2 environment and also when I run the .exe on my pc. When running the .exe on other pcs on the network (that have email and network capabilities) I get a error message:- "ERROR: Service not available Status: Disconnected. Status: Disconnecting. Status: Connected. Status: Connecting to 192.168.1.1. Status: Resolving hostname Serv-mail01.Serv.local." I've run as Admin and still the same error. ...

CreateUserWizard fails to send email with a great non-helpful error message
Hello. Trying to use the ASP.net user functionality but it keeps failing on me. I have created a login and registration page for my site. When you fill in the registration form it should send a confirmation email with a link to activate the account. Nothing hi-tech here. However, it fails to send the email and provides the following error message: Code: ( text ) Transaction failed. The server response was: sorry, the sender name and auth login doesn't coincide (#5.7.1) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review ...

trying to send email getting error Could not access 'CDO.Message'
Im trying to send a newsletter and I have done this before but this is the first time I have come across this error: Could not access 'CDO.Message'   Does anyone have any suggestions in how I could fix this. Hi,there's a dedicated site for emailing from .NET: http://www.systemwebmail.com/. There's also a FAQ over there where questions like these are answered.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Web resources about - error message when sending an email - grc.techtalk

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Prime Minister and Cabinet secretary Michael Thawley's message to public service
Departing secretary outlines threats to public service-government relationship and to Australia.

Muhammad Ali aims message at Donald Trump: Terrorism perverts 'what Islam really is'
Muhammad Ali aimed a powerful and impassioned message at Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday, saying that the recent ...

Matthew Leveson complained about his boyfriend in last messages: inquest
&quot;Oh well, I'm sure you'll be alright.&quot; That was the last message in a text exchange between Matthew Leveson and a friend on the morning ...

Mom Who Bought 300 Christmas Presents For Kids Has Strong Message For Critics 0
Critics are calling her materialistic and saying that her children are spoiled.

LGBTQ Social Influencers: Public Figures With Personal Messages
From the Supreme Court’s milestone decision to legalize gay marriage nationwide to Caitlyn Jenner ’s incredibly public transition, the lesbian, ...

Overseas Messages Sent by Islamic Terrorist Before Failed Texas Attack Unreadable, Says FBI
FBI investigators are still unable to read 109 encrypted messages sent by one of the two men who opened fire outside the Muhammad Art Exhibit ...

Draymond's message: '24-1, it's a great way to start it off'
Skip to main content CSN Bay Area Header links TV Listings Contact App Email Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search form Search 54° Navigation ...

Soon Google Wallet will send money via text messages
A forthcoming update to Google's Wallet app will drastically change how users send and receive money using it. Instead of needing the recipient's ...

Britney Spears Flaunts Toned Abs and Has a Message for Haters: 'Mean People Suck'
The 'Piece of Me' singer posted a sexy snapshot of her toned midriff under a shirt that had some choice words for her critics.