Anyone have Cute FTP or use an ftp

I need tips on how to connect my computer to my buddies via FTP. We want to
down load from each others computer, but it wont allow us to connect ??. any
and ALL help or howto guides/links welcome.

Ian
0
Ian

>I need tips on how to connect my computer to my buddies via FTP. We want to
>down load from each others computer, but it wont allow us to connect ??. any
>and ALL help or howto guides/links welcome.

For starters, you will both need FTP servers. CuteFTP is a FTP client, not a
server. It's the FTP equivalent of a browser. For two way transfers, you will
need both servers and clients.
crash@gpick.com
http://lists.gpick.com
0
Crash
11/4/2003 2:48:00 AM
""Crash" Dummy" <dvader@deathstar.mil> wrote in message
> >I need tips on how to connect my computer to my buddies via FTP. We want
> >down load from each others computer, but it wont allow us to connect ??.
any
> >and ALL help or howto guides/links welcome.

> For starters, you will both need FTP servers. CuteFTP is a FTP client, not
> server. It's the FTP equivalent of a browser. For two way transfers, you
will
> need both servers and clients.

Yep.
Go for filezilla server and client.
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla

Michael
0
Anonymous
11/4/2003 3:14:00 AM
""Crash" Dummy" <dvader@deathstar.mil> wrote in message
> >I need tips on how to connect my computer to my buddies via FTP. We want
> >down load from each others computer, but it wont allow us to connect ??.
any
> >and ALL help or howto guides/links welcome.
>
> For starters, you will both need FTP servers. CuteFTP is a FTP client, not
> server. It's the FTP equivalent of a browser. For two way transfers, you
will
> need both servers and clients.

Try SimpleServer from AnalogX.
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/sswww.htm

--
95isalive
This site is best viewed..................