Secure By Design: How Guardian Digital Secures EnGarde Secure Linux

"EnGarde Secure Linux is not just another "repackaged" Linux
distribution, but a modern open source system built from the ground up
to provide secure services in the threatening world of the modern
Internet."...

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/125195/171/

...."The Community edition of EnGarde Secure Linux is completely free
and open source, and online security and application updates are
freely available with GDSN registration."...

http://www.engardelinux.org/modules/index/index.cgi

--
js
0

Schneier on Security: Linux Security
Schneier on Security: Linux Security http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/01/linux_security.html *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** I'm a big fan of the Honeynet Project (and a member of their board of directors). They don't have a security product; they do security research. Basically, they wire computers up with sensors, put them on the Internet, and watch hackers attack them. They just released a report about the security of Linux: =====================================...

when is secure, secure?

security too secure

How secure is secure?

F-Secure Readies Security Software For Linux
F-Secure Corp. on Tuesday unveiled security software for open-source Samba file servers and Linux, addressing a need that's growing within the enterprise market. The Finnish company announced the availability of antivirus software for Samba that automatically detects and removes viruses from files stored on the server. The new product is meant to protect all Samba-attached computers from malicious code that could enter the network from a Windows or Linux machine. Next month, F-Secure plans to ship a Linux version of F-Secure Policy Manager, which will extend centrally managed ...

EnGarde Secure Linux
Anyone have experience with this package? I'm just learning Ubuntu Linux. Is this too big a chunk for me to bite off without more Linux experience? [quote] Welcome to the official EnGarde Secure Linux Community website. EnGarde Secure Linux is a Linux server distribution that is geared toward providing a open source platform that is highly secure by default as well as easy to administer. EnGarde Secure Linux includes a select group of open source packages configured to provide maximum security for tasks such as serving dynamic websites, high availability mail transport, netwo...

F-Secure issues Linux Security 7.00 warning
</quot> F-Secure's Linux Security 7.00 Linux virus scanner contains a critical flaw which may cause it to delete directories on a computer. F-Secure warns that the software with the Client Edition keycode should not be used, and has initiated a product recall. An entry in F-Secure's Linux blog explains that slip-ups in quality control allowed a flaw to slip though the net which makes the scanner delete the /var directory and any contained subdirectories when the tool is operating in client mode. Users of the software can apparently check whether their installation...

Linux security
I read this article, 'CommsDesign - Linux and Security: Mission Impossible?' (http://tinyurl.com/yjfnqqa) and it brings up some good points. With the kernel being at about 11 million lines of code, it is becoming unmanageable, and thereby more vulnerable. Anyway, I found it an interesting read. Don't think I agree with all his points. -- ' ' (http://thecompletecomputerresource.com/) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jonathan_R;2055270 Wrote: > I read this article, 'CommsDesign - Linux and Security: M...

How secure is secure enough?
July 28, 2008 (Computerworld) This story originally appeared in Computerworld's print edition. If there is a Holy Grail in the information security industry, it surely is the answer to the question, "How secure is secure enough?" It's a question that many security managers have either avoided answering altogether or tried to quickly sidestep by throwing a fistful of mainly pointless operational metrics at anyone who cared to ask. http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=321921&intsrc=hm_list -- "Never d...

form security against security
i have a form in my website which is to be filled by user and that form stores in database(sql server 2005). but someone told me that anyone can run script  in textboxes in that form and can damage database, so how to avoid such security lack.  it is common practice to use parameterized sql statements or stored procs to insure you are protected from sql injections attacks. if you concatenate user input directly into a sql statement, then you are at risk.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converte...

Password secure...is it secure?
Yes I just got this baby and I LOVE it! Its great. I have stored all my passwords inside of it (and yes made a few backups from them in secure locations) How secure is this program really? It uses blowfish to encrypt the database but how strong blowfish? 128bits? 256? 448? Anything else I should think about it? I have putted it and its databases inside PGPdisk just to play it safe...but then again Im a paranoid. :) -- Markus Jansson ************************************ My privacy related homepage and PGP keys: http://www.geocities.com/jansson_markus/ ********...

Security
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm a Mac user 10.4.8 of Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 & am wondering how "Enabling FIPS" will improve my security? I can't seem to find any explanation of FIPS under Thunderbird help. -- Have a good day R Schwager --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Tr...

How secure is AuthenticationTypes.Secure?
I understand that AuthenticationTypes.Secure requests secure authentication using Kerberos or NTLM (??). However, here is a scenario I am trying to understand. Let us say that I am having a regular ASP.NET site - with SSL certificates not installed on the web server. The login sends the request out to an AD server which also does not have certificates installed. However, I have set Secure flag to AuthenticationTypes.Secure. When the username and password data gets transmitted between the application and the LDAP server, how secure are the password and username info? In other words is this in...

Secure connections: how secure are they?
*QUOTE* ......... both useful and malicious information can be transmitted via network connections. Standard solutions protect computers against threats present in standard network connections, but aren't able to counter threats present in secure connections. Verifying the contents of a secure connection is impossible by virtue of its secure nature, as demonstrated by the different types of protection listed above. As a result, malicious data within secure channels can cause a significant amount of damage, and sometimes more than if it were to be transmitted via a standard, non-s...

Web resources about - Secure By Design: How Guardian Digital Secures EnGarde Secure Linux - grc.techtalk.linux

Guardian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Guardian's Top 40 Albums of 2015
Like they usually do, The Guardian rolled out their 40 Best Albums of 2015 list over a two-week period, and the whole thing is now here. The ...

‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ — ‘Hateful Eight’ Star Kurt Russell To Play Chris Pratt’s Father?
Depending on how the negotiations work out, Kurt Russell may be set to join Chris Pratt in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 . Although nothing ...

Revealed: divorce software error hits thousands of settlements - Law - The Guardian
Exclusive: Ministry of Justice urgently examining extent of Form E fault which miscalculated spouses’ financial worth

What The Guardian learned from its first WhatsApp live chat
... over immigration and ISIS, while Donald Trump and Jeb Bush argued over whether Trump would be a “chaos candidate.” Writing for The Guardian ...

Mail & Guardian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The newspaper was initially started as an alternative newspaper by a group of journalists in 1985 after the closures of two leading liberal newspapers, ...

Guardians of the Galaxy (1969 team) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They appeared sporadically in several Marvel titles, such as Marvel Two-In-One #4–5 (July–September 1974), and Giant Size Defenders #5 and Defenders ...

Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe is a 1990 science-fiction/action film written and directed by Damian Lee and starring Jesse "The Body" Ventura ...

The Guardian Weekly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It was founded with the aim of spreading progressive British ideas into America after the First World War . Its first edition was printed a week ...

Guardians of the Galaxy (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Guardians of the Galaxy is a 2014 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name , produced by Marvel Studios ...