Where is 3DES from SSL connections?

Just tought about it...I have NEVER being in a website that uses 3DES in the
SSL. All use RC4 with 128bits.
Is there a good reason for this one (besides that 3DES is slow) or to be
honest, is there a single page in www that uses 3DES in the SSL/TLS?
Ofcourse it doesnt matter much since they all offer 1024bit RSA so who
cares, but stil I wonder...

--
Markus Jansson

************************************
 My privacy related homepage and PGP keys:
 http://www.geocities.com/jansson_markus/
************************************
0
Markus
9/11/2001 10:44:00 AM
grc.techtalk.cryptography 876 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Markus Jansson" <jansson_markus@ziplip.com> wrote:
> Just tought about it...I have NEVER being in a website that uses 3DES
in the
> SSL. All use RC4 with 128bits.
> Is there a good reason for this one (besides that 3DES is slow) or to
be
> honest, is there a single page in www that uses 3DES in the SSL/TLS?
All SSL negotiations will try for a list of possible encryptions - so
the website will say "can  you RC4?" and if you say no, will come back
with "well, can you 3DES?". try disabling RC4 as a supported type in
your browser (if you can find an option to do that) and it should fall
back on a less desirable encryption method...
0
David
9/11/2001 11:09:18 AM
"David Howe" <David.Howe@sendnospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> All SSL negotiations will try for a list of possible encryptions - so
> the website will say "can  you RC4?" and if you say no, will come back
> with "well, can you 3DES?". try disabling RC4 as a supported type in
> your browser (if you can find an option to do that) and it should fall
> back on a less desirable encryption method...

You cant do that in IE. I remember doing that in Opera and Netscape and then
those sites didnt work at all.

--
Markus Jansson