SQRL and accessibility for blind users

0
Mike
2/12/2014 6:33:23 AM
grc.sqrl 459 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 2/12/2014 1:33 AM, Mike Reiser wrote:

Well, your post certainly makes your point *g*.

--

 RobAllen
RobAllen

> Well, your post certainly makes your point *g*.

Hah!  Indeed.  Well said, Rob.

Steve.               Working on moving the SQRL project forward.
0
Steve
2/12/2014 3:19:46 PM
On 2/11/2014 11:33 PM, Mike Reiser wrote:

My mistake, I was trying to use Windows live mail and thought my screen
reader just wasn't reading what I had typed.  Will try it again with
thunderbird and see if this is any better.  Here's my intended post.

Hello Steve,

Definitely a big fan of Security Now.  After listening to the current
podcast, I just wanted to volunteer and insure that the sqrl interface
is useable by blind and low vision users.  I primarily use Windows with
a free and open source screen reader called NVDA, but also use mac and
IOS as well.  Scanning a QR code would be problematic for us as wouldn't
know where the QR code is.  I use Voiceover on IOS so any app that comes
out would need to be Voiceover useable also.  Please let me know if
there is anyway I can help test, and I'll keep monitoring this and the
dev group as well.  Thanks,

Mike
0
Mike
--KAiJRpiRdG9BC4b4nBA88AtToKdfk21Sb

Am 12.02.2014 23:49, schrieb Mike Reiser:
> Scanning a QR code would be problematic for us as wouldn't know where
> the QR code is.

Sorry for my ignorance about accessibility, but shouldn't a screen
reader be able to evaluate the "alt" tag of images embedded into web
pages? What other ways are there to make the experience for the visually
impaired better?

Best regards,
Karol Babioch

--KAiJRpiRdG9BC4b4nBA88AtToKdfk21Sb

--KAiJRpiRdG9BC4b4nBA88AtToKdfk21Sb--
0
Karol
2/12/2014 11:31:25 PM
Yes, they can read alt text.  I suppose the issue would be insuring the
camera was pointing correctly.  Other things that can be done is
insuring that all buttons and other elements have labels and using skip
navigation links as well.  Wai-aria can help as well, I'm not a coder so
can only provide general tips I'm afraid.  Thanks,

Mike
0
Mike
--xH7kfHmlKnmKvrBagkQV0e1k0U3SdKqwt

Am 13.02.2014 19:17, schrieb Mike Reiser:
> Yes, they can read alt text.  I suppose the issue would be insuring the=

> camera was pointing correctly.

What about the "click" or "tap" approach when you have installed the
SQRL client on the same device? I don't think the "optical" way with a
second device is feasible for visually impaired and unfortunately I
don't see any way to make it happen :(.

Best regards,
Karol Babioch

--xH7kfHmlKnmKvrBagkQV0e1k0U3SdKqwt

--xH7kfHmlKnmKvrBagkQV0e1k0U3SdKqwt--
0
Karol
2/13/2014 7:03:06 PM
On 2014-02-13 10:17, Mike Reiser wrote:
> Yes, they can read alt text.  I suppose the issue would be insuring the
> camera was pointing correctly.  Other things that can be done is
> insuring that all buttons and other elements have labels and using skip
> navigation links as well.  Wai-aria can help as well, I'm not a coder so
> can only provide general tips I'm afraid.  Thanks,

FWIW, on a system where a blind user has assistive technology installed,
there is definitely the potential for means other than QR codes to be
used to transfer the initial login query.

Bluetooth/wifi, audio and NFC are all possibilities.

Regards,
Sam

0
Sam

php-ext-sqrl and php-sqrl
Well, I finally got some time to play with a bit of code! Here's what I'm working on... php-ext-sqrl ------------ source: https://github.com/Novators/php-ext-sqrl PHP Extension that handles ed25519 signature verification and SQRL's (somewhat) unique base64url encoding. Crypto is in c, taken from ed25519-donna. Passes 1024 tests from http://ed25519.cr.yp.to/software.html in about 2.5 seconds on my machine. This would be faster with batch verification, but one-by-one is more representative of actual usage. I'm pretty confident in this part. The base64url en...

sqrl://
I hate the idea of further polluting the namespace of URL schemes which is already full of non-standard crap like itms:// and ms-help://. If we're building this protocol on top of standard TLS traffic to standard web servers, then we're using https://, and should just be call it what it is. The fact that this particular https:// traffic is in furtherance of a more specific use should be identified elsewhere. This also separates us from dependence on the underlying protocol in case we want to have it work later over some other protocol. On 10/3/2013 2:35 AM, Lee Daniel ...

Making sqrl more accessible
Hi all. I'm a visually impaired security now fan, and I was wondering, for totally blind users, it might be harder to know where the QR code is on the screen. This might be solved by having the app on the phone make a sound when it detects a qr code in the camera's view, but I think there's an even easier way to do it. Quite some time ago, I heard about an app called 'chirp' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMbSoLatks It transfers information to another phone using a high tone called a 'chirp'. Now, with the audio api's we have in javascript (o...

SQRL presentation for normal users
Hey all, I have been working on a presentation for 'normal' users to explain SQRL as my Illustrated SQRL Guide is a little too technical for 'normal' users. Can I get some feedback? http://prezi.com/rzpv_pbgfgm1/? utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share Remember this is for 'normal' users and has been dumbed down a little. Cheers. ----- Ben sqrl.pl Ben wrote: > Hey all, > > I have been working on a presentation for 'normal' users to explain SQRL > as my Illustrated SQRL Guide is a little too technical for &#...

Should the noice/naive user trust a free in the wild SQRL?
Of course, TNO is an ideal goal, but not practical in the real world. All server management and client users need to be able to trust SQRL implementations; however the vast majority of them simply will not have the skills needed to validate all of their software. Authentication software is particularly critical that it is correctly implemented and carefully reviewed. Perhaps both SQRL server and client software could be certified that it correctly implemented the SQRL protocol before they could display a licensed SQRL server or SQRL client logo. I would recommend that the l...

Accessing User.ProviderUserKey through Page.User
I'm currently using the standard SqlMembershipProvider that ships with ASP.NET.  I have used the aspnet_regsql tool to add the membership tables to my database.  I would like to access User.ProviderUserKey on my pages and I'm wondering what the best way of doing this is. Let me explain... Most tables in my database have a UserId (uniqueidentifier) column that stores the UserId of the user who contributed each row into the table.  In my pages that provide insert functionality I would like to just call the Insert method passing a reference to either my user or just the u...

Accessing Profile of users other than current user.
I want to access profile of other users. I want to allow my members to visit other members profile. I am not going to disply the senstive information. The default sql profile provider access to profile of current user only. Hi you need to use the getProfile function as follows:ProfileCommon UserProfile = Profile.GetProfile(UserName); UserProfile.PropertyName1=....   Please read this related thread : http://forums.asp.net/p/1243638/2279740.aspx   Regards,Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wron...

Proxy Access
I have a user who has <all user access> listed twice on their user list. Is there any way to remove the duplicate? -- nkerr Try a GWCheck run with ProxyFix set in the Misc tab Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ You can register now for the EMEA GroupWise Summit - June 28/29 The Hague, Netherlands http://www.groupwiser.net/Summit Dave: I tried to run GWCHECK. Do I type in ProxyFix in the pxoy under the Misc tab? The following are the errro messages that I get. I also get Mail/Library maint...

Access User Control From another User Control
 ASP.NET 2.0/VB.NET I have a number of pages all with two user controls on them.  I need to access controls/properties from one user control from within another.  I've tried the following from one of the user controls: Dim pg as Page = cType(Me.Page, Page) pg.FindControl("myControl")  'Returns nothing pg.form.findControl("myControl")  'Returns nothing   I also have public properties declared but I can't see those either (I also tried public shared property).  Can anyone help with the syntax?   thanks, Scott ...

Single user access on MS Access database
We just transitioned our DATA volume from a Netware traditional volume to a iSCSI connected NSS volume on a NetApp Filer FAS 270. Netware 6.5 Since the move we've noticed a MS Access database issue arise. When the database is opened by the next user they receice the error message: "MSysAccessObjects can not be opened it is currently opened by another user" This is an Access file table not a custom table. Is it a Oplocks and/or File Caching issue on the server? If so, where can I tuen that off? Does anyone know of any issues regarding MS Access and NSS volu...

access user control on parent from user control
I need to access the properties of a user control from another user control.  I tried... Dim d As pdfviewerd = Me.Parent.FindControl("PDFViewer1")d.filename = a & Me.lstDocuments1.SelectedValue But it didnt work... How do I access the properties of a user control from another user control?  When I do dim d as pdfviewer, pdfviewer is not in the dropdown list of available objects? Thanks for the help.  You need to find the UserCOntrol first before accessing the controls that is inside the UserControl.. Ex. Assume that we want to access the Label control...

Accessing Variable from User Control to user control
hi, I have one page: index.aspx and in that 3 user controls: header.ascx body.ascx footer.ascx Now all I want to do is access a variabled called ID that is in header.ascx from , body.ascx ? is this possible, vb example please?  Cheers.  smoothbugger wrote:Now all I want to do is access a variabled called ID that is in header.ascx from , body.ascx ? is this possible, vb example please? You should never get User Controls to communicate directly with one another. To do so violates the whole point of User Controls: that they are self-contained controls that can be placed on a...

Access to user data during a move user operation
GW 6.5.1 I started moving several users to a new PO overnight. This morning we found out that the receiving server ran out of hard drive space. We deleted a lot of space no problem. The problem is that the users don't have access to most of their GW--email, appts., & address book. Of course we trying to get them to be patient, but it may take most of the day across a slow connection to get their accounts moved. Anything I can do to get access to their unmoved data faster than waiting for the move to complete? Ted Kumsher (Also posted in clients forum.) Er,...

Web resources about - SQRL and accessibility for blind users - grc.sqrl

Accessibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the related design concept, see Universal design . For the logical notion, see Accessibility relation . For accessibility on the internet, ...

Accessibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the related design concept, see Universal design . For the logical notion, see Accessibility relation . For accessibility on the internet, ...

Accessibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the related design concept, see Universal design . For the logical notion, see Accessibility relation . For accessibility on the internet, ...

Accessibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the related design concept, see Universal design . For the logical notion, see Accessibility relation . For accessibility on the internet, ...

Facebook Improves Accessibility Of Mobile Apps
Facebook is a wonderfully picturesque site , and the company wants those who are visually impaired to be able to experience that, as well. The ...

Designing for Accessibility: Q&A with Jeff Wieland - Facebook
Facebook Design hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Designing for Accessibility: Q&A with Jeff Wieland geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text ...

Facebook Says Changes to Application Accesibility in New Profile “Definitely Not Final”
The changes to the new Facebook design that were rolled out last night, which changed the way applications are bookmarked and accessed have concerned ...

Accessibility Oz (@accessibilityoz) on Twitter
Accessibility Oz (@accessibilityoz) on Twitter

Windows 8.1 Accessibility and HP Classroom Devices - YouTube
Windows 8.1 Accessibility and HP Classroom Devices - YouTube

Canberra bus stops upgraded to boost accessibility
Tactile ground surfacing and larger flat waiting areas are part of 21 bus stop upgrades to improve access for the disabled. Bus stops across ...