"Access Code" is not descriptive and poorly chosen

Gang...

I'd like to immediately abandon the term "Access Code" before it
takes any deeper root.  I didn't think it through very well, and
it doesn't really tell much of a story about its purpose.

What I'm looking for is what the user-interface will call this
thing.  It's definitely, I think, a "code"... since it'll be
maximum entropy and impossible for typical users to memorize.

SQRL Recovery Code

SQRL Emergency Code

I like "Emergency Code" since it conveys the idea that it's NOT
normally needed, but that it might be needed in an "emergency".
So you need not freak out about remembering it... but neither
should you ignore it.

If anyone has something that seems better than "Emergency Code",
please share it!

Steve.               Working on moving the SQRL project forward.
0
Steve
2/12/2014 4:30:00 PM
grc.sqrl 459 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In grc.sqrl, Steve Gibson wrote ...

> If anyone has something that seems better than "Emergency Code",
> please share it!

Rescue Code

Recovery Code

Restore Code

I like Rescue Code.

--
Terry //
0

> > If anyone has something that seems better than "Emergency Code",
> > please share it!
>
> Rescue Code
>
> Recovery Code
>
> Restore Code
>
> I like Rescue Code.

I like it too, Terry.

"Rescue Code" sounds beneficial and positive.

"Emergency Code" sounds important... but a bit worrisome.

I think Rescue Code is really good!

Steve.               Working on moving the SQRL project forward.
0
Steve

Web resources about - "Access Code" is not descriptive and poorly chosen - grc.sqrl