peer to peer share programs

What about morpheus an winmx relative to spyware?
0
Juan
10/25/2001 3:59:00 AM
grc.spyware 3226 articles. 0 followers. Follow

WinMx is spyware free to the best of my knowledge. Morpheus I think does
have crap with it and IIRC won't work without it but I am not certain of
that.

--

Charlie Tame

"Juan Carlos <Fortinero>" <noemail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> What about morpheus an winmx relative to spyware?

0
Charlie
10/25/2001 4:43:00 AM
Juan Carlos <Fortinero> <noemail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> What about morpheus an winmx relative to spyware?

Juan,

    Win MX is spyware free - I'm using it right now!
    Someone in these groups recommended it a couple of weeks ago, and I love
it! A lot like Napster, except you can resume failed d/l's!
http://www.winmx.com
    Never used Morpheus, but I think there's been talk here of it containing
spyware.

HTH,

--
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted." - Groucho Marx Rick

---
Rick
10/25/2001 5:25:00 AM
"Juan Carlos wrote:

> What about morpheus an winmx relative to spyware?

I read a post saying something about a dat file that is part of a download
and when the guy opened it it had all this stuff in there like cookies from
other website and stuff from his hard drive, I wish i could find the post
but I can't, i Used WinMX it claims to spyware free. I would avoid morpheus
the other two guys who have replied to this post think it's spyware so do I
so i haven't seen anything saying it isn't spyware.
--
The Box said use with Windows 98 or better so I installed Linux - taken
from the net.

Merijn

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:59:44 -0300, "Juan Carlos <Fortinero>" <noemail@coldmail.com> wrote:
> What about morpheus an winmx relative to spyware?

0
Merijn
10/25/2001 8:47:00 AM
thank you to all of you.

"Juan Carlos " wrote:

> What about morpheus an winmx relative to spyware?
0
Juan
10/25/2001 1:00:00 PM
Morpheus = Kazaa, pretty much.  Yep, it has spyware.

>     Never used Morpheus, but I think there's been talk here of it
containing
> spyware.
0
Kat