Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at.

host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com
or 217.35.99.250
is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range)
when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system.
0
abcministoragellc
4/3/2003 9:17:00 PM
grc.shieldsup 2699 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In message <b6i8f8$tp1$1@news.grc.com>, abcministoragellc
<abcministoragellc@netzero.net> kicked in with

>host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com
>or 217.35.99.250
>is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic
>IP address range)
>when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system.

Had the same here, a couple of minutes ago. Now it seems to have gone
back to normal again!
--
Fungus (aka Urgje)
PGP Key ID:0xDDD4F1E2

> host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com
> or 217.35.99.250
> is someone else's IP address, not my IP address
> (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range)
> when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system.

My TESTING VERSION was moved to the nanoprobe.grc.com server by
mistake.  :(   I was juggling too many things at once, and talking
to Mark Thompson on the phone at the same time ... and I pushed the
wrong button.

All's fixed and well now.

At least I sure know that all of you are on the ball!!!  :)

Steve Gibson, at work on: new stuff at <http://nanoprobe.grc.com>
0
Steve

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

Gwia, "Bind exclusively to TCP/IP Address" and Secondary IP addresses problem...
Hello, I have a GWIA on a Bordermanger server with 3 private nics and 1 public. Gwia works with a groupwise PO server but also relays as an SMTP server other applications (like Topcall, Hp management server notifications, Listmessenger server etc.). Relays occur on different IP addresses on the different nics... By default, gwia listen and works with all the IP addresses and bordermanger filters have been configured accordingly. On the public side, the ptr dns record matches a secondary ip address. But, because of that, I get more and more errors like the following: &q...

What is Ip address if network card has more than one ip address assigned
Okay, I have a machine running sqlanywhere server, I have several ip addresses bound to the network card. if I am going to use a client on another computer, what ip address is sqlanywhere server bound to? Regards, Andy Pick one! Then when you configure the db server us it: -x TCPIP{MYIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx} -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStart '99 Ent...

Changing to NAT using Private IP address What to do with OLd IP addresses
I have a client that is setting up NAT and using private addresses for the internal network. If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the old addresses or is there a way to specify which set of Ip addresses for DHCP to hand out? Also, is there a way to just edit the present addresses? We looked and we are not able to see a way to edit the addreses. Thanks in advance for your help and advice. PLW In article <KVn8c.8445$jb5.1118@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the > old addresses or is there a wa...

IP Addressing question
It seems to me that this is an elementary TCP-IP networking question. I must have skipped class for a baseball game that day <g>. I have two networks connected via VPN (watchguard) at two offices: Pittsburgh: 192.168.1.0/24 Cleveland: 192.168.2.0/24 We can communicate over the tunnel between the two networks without problem. However, what I want to do now is to set up a new computer for the branch (2.x) network, but I want to do it *here* in the Pittsburgh network (1.x). Unfortunately, it doesn't work. If I give the server an IP addres...

How to force MTA to use cluster ip address rather than physical ip address
Hi, Is there a way to force the MTA to use the virtual ip address for outbound connection. We run GW 6.5 SP2 in cluster with 6 nodes. We want to add an external Domain who have to go through a firewall. We added a rule to let the virtual ip address of the MTA to pass but we see that the MTA are using the physical ip address of the server so if the resource migrate, MTA will use an other address and my rule will not work anymore until I add the 6 physical ip address of each node, thing I don't want to do. Regards, Eric Bellavance Ministere des Finances It should...

Catch IP Address of Local Machine Insted of Server IP Address where the application is deployed at
Hai ,  I have a survey that will be sent to all the users across a group, This survey application is deployed on webserver and that link will be sent to all the group members.Right now it was capturing the IP  Address of server for all members in group , insted i need each members Local machine IP Address to be sent the database via server.  I tried using the following two requests but all they are doing is capturing the server ip address:  String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"]; String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADD...

Allow duplicate ip address command didn't work in Master IP Address Resource
Hiya. I have a 3 node nw6.5 sp3 cluster. The node with the Master ip address was poison pilled and the master ip address went to another server, however in the logger of the server it went to it shows the duplicate IP address message TCPIP-6.59-185: Sun Aug 14 23:38:25 2005 Added secondary IP address 139.143.51.2. TCPIP-6.59-344: Sun Aug 14 23:38:25 2005 WARNING : Duplicate IP address in use. Contact your system administrator. The Load script for the master ip address resource hasn't been changed and it does have the lines ignore_error set allow ip address duplicates...

How do I add an 'IP Address' field to my SQL Database and code the Confirm.aspx.vb page to write IP addresses to it?
I use Storefront Software 6.6 for my E-commerce site and would like to know:How to add an 'IP Address' field to my SQL Database and code the Confirm.aspx.vb page of my website to write IP addresses to it? Specific instructions would be appreciated. Many thanks.Steve Piotrow, All Things Arctic...

Ip Address Problem
HI, Ok I have a project asp.net project in my computer (laptop). Now I have a Wireless card in the computer so I can connect to Internet. ok I ran my asp.net application and replace the localhost with my Ip Address and it works fine. But the problem is that When I give the ip address of my computer to someone else it does not work and says" Page cannot be displayed". Does any body know what the problem isHighOnCodingWanna get high! Are simple html pages visible? hi, No nothing is visible. Its kinda strange ProblemHighOnCodingWanna get high! Are you try...

IP Address problem
Hi all, Thanks for taking the time to read this. Sorry if it seems trivial, but as a newbie its driving me nuts! I have an application which takes data from a database and converts it to PDF. This works fine: http://[ip]/APP/?data=3 But this just shows an empty page: http://[ip]/APP/Application.aspx?data=3 Can someone explain (or show how) I can use the second method? Many thanks, Millie.    in the first method your are not specifying a web page, so the default page will be used (probably default.aspx, it can be changed in iis manager), so probably both...

IP Address Problems
Name: Dominick O. Maggiore Email: dommaggioreatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: IP Address Problems Comments: My log viewer for Norton Anti-virus keeps stating that there is unauthorized access logged. I called Stopzilla as well. It was stated that there are no known software problems between those products and that they can be used on the same pc. It was also explained that someone could have hijacked my IP address. I have made extensive inquiries and still don't have a reasonable answer. Do you have any information or guidance on these findings? Browser Det...

IP Address Problem
I'm on a network where users travel to remote locations. I have one user with a laptop set to DHCP running XP authenticating with Novell. The problem I periodically have with him is that when he gets to a new location and tries to log into the network, he gets a tree or server error message. I log in as admin and do an ipconfig and it shows that he is still pulling his previous address from the other location. I then do an ipconfig /realease and then ipconfig /renew and now he is pulling a correct working address for this location. My question is this: Are there any settin...

Find an IP address having only the MAC address
Hi again, I've been searching google for a while about this issue, but I'm still too confused. My goal is to discover the IP address of the LAN interface of a Cisco 1721 router (it's located at the office where I work). I know the MAC address because it's written in a sticker at the bottom of the router. But I don't know the password to the router admin console :( The router's LAN interface is connected to a Sun workstation that has two NICs (one of them connected to the cisco and the other connected to a 24- port switch). The Sun machine works as a...

Web resources about - Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at. - grc.shieldsup

Why Bernie Sanders' success in Iowa is a problem for Rio and BHP
Rio Tinto and BHP have a bit to lose if Bernie Sanders beats Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic nomination.

The problem of money is not what it used to be.
"Jeb Spends $2,884 Per Iowa Vote."

George Clooney nails Hollywood's diversity problem
At the Los Angeles Premiere of the new Coen Brothers movie "Hail, Caesar!", George Clooney made some choice remarks about Hollywood's lack of ...

No dairy is now no problem for Ben & Jerry's
The Vermont ice cream maker has created four flavors, including some classics, using a vegan almond milk base

Japan's two China problems
"The current situation of the Chinese economy is not good for anybody," a top Japanese diplomat told CNBC.

Sanders: I Have ‘A Real Problem’ With Clinton Speaking Fees
'Money in politics is something the American people are deeply concerned about'

The Economic Problem With Luxembourg's Space Mining Law
Luxembourg has announced that it is going to be drawing up new laws to aid in defining how space mining may be efficiently and economically governed. ...

IRS computer problems shut down tax return e-file system
IRS computer problems shut down tax return e-file system

Peru Straps GoPros to Hungry Vultures to Sniff Out Its Trash Problem
... on the brink of death. But in Peru, the carcass-eating birds will soon be outfitted with cameras so they can help map Lima’s awful trash problem. ...