ftp port open

How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I
am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address.

0
stchai
5/20/2005 3:08:52 AM
grc.shieldsup 2699 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"stchai" <stchai@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router?
> am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address.

Try asking your question in dslreports.

http://www.dslreports.com/nsearch?boardlist=125&cat=remark&advanced=1&125=1&p=10&o=r&q=speedstream

http://www.alltel.net/downloads/links/SpeedStream211.pdf

--
Robert
GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets

0
Robert
5/20/2005 5:32:41 PM
stchai wrote:
> How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I
> am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address.

It's your Telnet (TCP port 23) port that is open, not FTP.

--
Robin
0
Robin Keir wrote:
> stchai wrote:
>
>> How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851
>> router? I
>> am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address.
>

> It's your Telnet (TCP port 23) port that is open, not FTP.

that would be a remote admin service then - it needs disabling.
0
sparky

FTP Ports open, but no FTP
Hi I have a win 2000 server set up as a web server with several IP adresses (6 total). I am running FTP service on two of these, but when I port scan, all of the IP's have port 21 open. Is this normal? My other services like SMTP and WEB only shows up on the IP's they are supposed to. If I try to connect with my FTP client on one of the IP's that is not set up to run FTP it just says: "Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message." and then after a while I get a timeout. Is it normal or are some nasty Trojan listening and waiting for the right commands to...

UDP Port Open doesnt mean the port is open
Related to the other threads that are ongoing regarding a similar issue it SEEMS as if some people might be concerned because UDP ports are being shown as open when they are running being a Stealthing device. This does not mean that your ports are in fact open. This problem i sbeing cause by the way in which the UDP protocol works. Since it is a connectionless protocol there is no set-up or tear down of connections. Packets are puched out of the computer like a mother bird teaching her babies to fly. If they make it they make it. typically the way a port scan would see a closed UD...

Open Ports what opened them
How I find out what program has opened a port on my computer. port 2105 -- There is an old Vulcan proverb. Only Nixon could go to China. Brady Wang wrote: > How I find out what program has opened a port on my computer. You can use AtGuard (no longer available), Norton Internet Security / Norton Personal Firewall (non free) <http://www.symantec.com>, TCPView Pro (non free) <http://www.winternals.com/>, Fport (free but NT/2000 only) <http://www.foundstone.com/> and a few other tools. Sebastian ...

ftp port open #2
How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address. ...

Port 21 FTP Open
Running "Common Ports" displays port 21 as FTP port and is open. Should I do something about this? If so, what .... how do I fix it? Running Win XP Home, PC-cillin Security Suite (with firewall). "Bruce Fullerton" <znotify@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:di5h39$2gir$1@news.grc.com... > Running "Common Ports" displays port 21 as FTP port and is open. > Should I do something about this? > If so, what .... how do I fix it? > > Running Win XP Home, PC-cillin Security Suite (with firewall). Does the All Services scan also sho...

ftp port open #3
How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address. ...

Probe My Ports: FTP and SMTP are open
When I probe my ports, I only have FTP and SMTP ports open. Is it dangerous for my computer to have those ports open ? What can I do to close them ? Are there options on Windows 2000 or on Zone Alarm Pro that can increase security on those ports ? Thank you Eric "Eric Desrochers" wrote in message news:9jnv37$a2j$1@news.grc.com... > When I probe my ports, I only have FTP and SMTP ports open. > > Is it dangerous for my computer to have those ports open ? What can I do to > close them ? Are there options on Windows 2000 or on Zone Alarm Pro that can >...

ShieldsUp finding 2 open ports.
I am running XP pro. I had the XP Firewall switched of. I am also running McAfee Firewall. ShieldsUp found ports 135 and 1025 open. When I activated XP's Firewall, they, were like the rest, then found to be "stealthed" I would have thought that McAfee would have blocked the ports when scanned by ShieldsUp. Anyone know why not. Thanks. Malky. MALCOLM WATSON wrote: : I am running XP pro. I had the XP Firewall switched of. I am also running : McAfee Firewall. ShieldsUp found ports 135 and 1025 open. When I activated : XP's Firewall, they, were like the rest, then ...

shieldsup shows port 641 open
I ran shieldsup on my win XP pro machine with ZoneAlarmPro and it showed that port 641 was open. I have no idea why this port is open and if someone could advise me as to what is opening this port and how to close it I would greatly appreciate it. [Rick Butera] wrote ... > I ran shieldsup on my win XP pro machine with ZoneAlarmPro > and it showed that port 641 was open. I have no idea why > this port is open and if someone could advise me as to what > is opening this port and how to close it I would greatly > appreciate it. That's an odd one alright ... way ...

ShieldsUp + free ZoneAlarm = port 1033 open
I've noticed that ZoneAlarm (the free version) has systematically failed ShieldsUp on port 1033 (ShieldsUp finds it OPEN). Currently using the latest version from ZA (4.5.594.000), although I've notice this problem several versions ago. I sent my concerns to ZoneLabs, but since the free version has lower priority, I'm not sure if they're aware of this flaw. All other tests pass with flying colors. Maybe Steve can get this issue to the folks at ZoneLabs. Regards, -- Luis Krause Mantilla lkrausem at shaw dot ca luis_krause at hotmail dot com "May the So...

ShieldsUp! detecting open ports on Sonicwall Appliances
Hi, I recently found out that on a Sonicwall PRO 4060 and Sonicwall TZ-170, when I use ShieldsUp!, it detects that almost all my ports are open. That is strange as I have already set sonicwall to randomize IP and to activate stealth mode. I even have rules to deny any wan to lan. This is not a problem with the Sonicwall PRO 330 and SOHO3. These 2 older generation Sonicwall appliances stealths all the ports. Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks. * Davey: > Hi, > > I recently found out that on a Sonicwall PRO 4060 and Sonicwall TZ-170,...

Port forwarding/open ports?
To be able for another person to connect to my Netmeeting (conf.exe)in Windows XP and share applications I would need to open the ports 1720 and 1503 in my router firewall. My wonder is how much more vulnerable I will be if I do that? It would be nice not to have to open and close those ports over and over again in my router firewall when I need it and instead having them open all the time so it will just be to start Netmeeting when I need to collaborate and share applications. - Is it just a risk (bigger or smaller?) when I have Netmeeting started since I suppose some good...

ShieldsUp shows open port 80 as stealthed
I have a web server running on my network. I have poked a hole in my firewall on port 80 so as to make it publicly accessible and have verified that it is. ShieldsUp says it is stealthed. Why? Why has this been posted in grc.shieldsup for several days and now here but no details of system used have been given! "Raven" <?@?.?> wrote in message news:dp1g7a$2hs7$1@news.grc.com... >I have a web server running on my network. I have poked a hole in my > firewall on port 80 so as to make it publicly accessible and have > verified that it is. ShieldsUp says ...

port 27960 and open ports
I am running zone alarm at the high security level and I am getting blasted with port scans over port 27960. when I goto shields up and test my system I find I have a whole bunch of ports open. This is wierd because I have checked my system before and all ports were stealthed. I have tried to disable port 180 via unbinding TCIP from every thing but it still seems to be open ! Any suggestions. Hi! Go there and click on port 180 and you will have more info: http://www.netice.com/Advice/Exploits/Ports/ HTH -- -- Pentab ��� ��� The Deranged Paranoid ��� ***Addy invalid---Re...

Web resources about - ftp port open - grc.shieldsup

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Damien Little: Why did he kill his own sons by driving off Port Lincoln wharf? - AdelaideNow Search Search ...
DAMIEN Little wanted to be the “perfect” father to his two young sons and a dependable husband for his wife — who was his teenage sweetheart ...

Tug boat strike to shut eastern ports
... in eastern Australia will strike next Tuesday for 12 hours, halting all coal carriers, fuel carriers and bulk container vessels in the ports ...

Tug boat strike will have 'minimal' impact: Port of Brisbane
Port of Brisbane expects minimal impact when crews go on strike.

Phoebe Jonchuck: Murder by father could stop next Port Lincoln
ALMOST exactly a year ago, Phoebe Jonchuck’s father stopped his car on a bridge, lifted her out and dropped the five-year-old 19 metres into ...

Second port strike added in Brisbane as tensions rise
Brisbane &ndash; and other Australian seaports - are creeping towards an ugly seven-day strike by tug boat crews which could genuinely affect ...

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch courting karma
Port Adelaide chairman David Koch has a huge public platform as a television celebrity with the Seven network.