ftp port open #3

How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I
am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address.

0
stchai
5/20/2005 3:12:34 AM
grc.shieldsup 2699 articles. 0 followers. Follow

FTP Ports open, but no FTP
Hi I have a win 2000 server set up as a web server with several IP adresses (6 total). I am running FTP service on two of these, but when I port scan, all of the IP's have port 21 open. Is this normal? My other services like SMTP and WEB only shows up on the IP's they are supposed to. If I try to connect with my FTP client on one of the IP's that is not set up to run FTP it just says: "Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message." and then after a while I get a timeout. Is it normal or are some nasty Trojan listening and waiting for the right commands to...

open ports #3
Hello, Until now I was very happy with my Norton Internet Security firewall. If I do a portscan with shieldsup it always reports that my ports are all stealth. But today, a friend of mine send me a program to scan for open ports. It is called pcscanner from www.pcinternetpatrol.com To my surprise there were at least 25 TCP ports open and thousands of open UDP ports. My question: Is this a fake program ( only to scare you and hoping that you buy their software) and can I still rely on the scans of Shieldsup, or do I need to close all these ports? Jaap Jaap wrote: > Hello,...

ftp port open
How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address. "stchai" <stchai@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:d6jrr3$2n3h$1@news.grc.com... > How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I > am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address. Try asking your question in dslreports. http://www.dslreports.com/nsearch?boardlist=125&cat=remark&advanced=1&125=1&p=10&o=r&q=speedstream http://www.alltel.net/downloads/links/SpeedStream211.pdf -...

Open ports #3
I assume .ru is for a Russian site. Is smartline.ru trustworthy? The Zip file unloaded perfectly from ntulity.com. Have you encountered any problems running the program. Thanks again. Lord >I assume .ru is for a Russian site. Is smartline.ru trustworthy? The Zip >file unloaded perfectly from ntulity.com. Have you encountered any problems >running the program. Thanks again. No problems. Russians aren't any more or less trustworthy than any other nationality. Assholes know boundaries. I've been running Active Ports without problem for many months. No virii...

open ports #3
how do i close open ports? >how do i close open ports? Go to the bulkhead, swing the hinged glass into the opening, and secure the latch. What ports? What operating system? -- Dave "Crash" Dummy - A weapon of mass destruction crash@gpick.com?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!) http://lists.gpick.com In grc.security.software "Crash" Dummy wrote: >>how do i close open ports? > > Go to the bulkhead, swing the hinged glass into the opening, and > secure the latch. Or have a hurricane headed your way and all the open ports *will* get cl...

open port #3
hello eveybody I did the GRC Shields Up scan yesterday and found port 80 open, but my web server is set for port 8080. I went and got NMapWin & LANguard Network Security Scanner and they told me that port 80 was closed. I went to scan.sygate.com and they said that port 80 was open. So is my port 80 open or closed? Why would I get told it's open on the web and closed with LAN scanners? Anonymous <harwoodspike@yahoo.com> wrote: > hello eveybody > > I did the GRC Shields Up scan yesterday and found port 80 open, > but my web server is set for port 8080. ...

open ports #3
Why would http telnet and ftp ports be open? All others are stealthed. I have a router with a virtual server where i routed to them to a LAN ip above the DHCP range. Should i change the IP to something off the mask like 120.0.0.0 or 0.0.0.0? -- phil "phil" <> escribi� en el mensaje news:kf886e$2kp2$1@news.grc.com... > Why would http telnet and ftp ports be open? All others are stealthed. > > I have a router with a virtual server where i routed to them to a LAN ip > above the DHCP range. Should i change the IP to something off the mask > like >...

UDP Port Open doesnt mean the port is open
Related to the other threads that are ongoing regarding a similar issue it SEEMS as if some people might be concerned because UDP ports are being shown as open when they are running being a Stealthing device. This does not mean that your ports are in fact open. This problem i sbeing cause by the way in which the UDP protocol works. Since it is a connectionless protocol there is no set-up or tear down of connections. Packets are puched out of the computer like a mother bird teaching her babies to fly. If they make it they make it. typically the way a port scan would see a closed UD...

Open Ports what opened them
How I find out what program has opened a port on my computer. port 2105 -- There is an old Vulcan proverb. Only Nixon could go to China. Brady Wang wrote: > How I find out what program has opened a port on my computer. You can use AtGuard (no longer available), Norton Internet Security / Norton Personal Firewall (non free) <http://www.symantec.com>, TCPView Pro (non free) <http://www.winternals.com/>, Fport (free but NT/2000 only) <http://www.foundstone.com/> and a few other tools. Sebastian ...

ftp port open #2
How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address. ...

Port 21 FTP Open
Running "Common Ports" displays port 21 as FTP port and is open. Should I do something about this? If so, what .... how do I fix it? Running Win XP Home, PC-cillin Security Suite (with firewall). "Bruce Fullerton" <znotify@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:di5h39$2gir$1@news.grc.com... > Running "Common Ports" displays port 21 as FTP port and is open. > Should I do something about this? > If so, what .... how do I fix it? > > Running Win XP Home, PC-cillin Security Suite (with firewall). Does the All Services scan also sho...

port 23 open #3
Ive recently gotten dsl installed with an actiontec 704 modem/gateway, and after running Shields Up! it says all ports are stealth except port 23, which is OPEN. Ive done much googling on this as well as scan this group, and conclude- Its the modem that has port 23 open. The manual isn't much help, nor the ISP tech support in gettting it closed. The remote activation feature is off. The router's NAT firewall is on. The general firewall setting is at "basic (Nat firewall settings)". Changing this setting to either low, medium, or high results in port 23 st...

Closing Open Ports #3
Hi, I am working on closing open ports and I have disabled everything that runs via ports ( Except IE 6.0 ) but there are still open ports that I cant close!! Ports that cant be closed: 135 137 138 139 1027 1030 1032 1034 1035 1071 I have disabled everything possible even file and printer sharing. But I still cant close those ports. At the moment I am running a firewall so that helps but I am looking for two layers of protection. I have disabled file and printer sharing in the registry so that it cant be re-enabled. I have heard that you can close open ports via th...

port 1 open #3
Hello (Robert): As to my last post: sorry about not mentioning my os, I am running Windows XP pro and I have a business line with high speed dsl. I also have Office xp pro. I recently install the sql server in office. As you can see I'm new at this, but I am willing to learn. Thank you for answering. ...... M_red .... ps. I also am using an Efficient networks 4 port speedstreem router. M_red <ed@ouestech.com> wrote: > Hello (Robert): As to my last post: sorry about not mentioning my os, > I am running Windows XP pro and I have a business line with high > spe...

Web resources about - ftp port open #3 - grc.shieldsup

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Man kidnaps inflatable Santa from Port Macquarie property
... outside a house on the NSW mid-north coast. CCTV vision of a man stealing a large inflatable Santa from a display on William Street, Port Macquarie. ...

Man kidnaps inflatable Santa from Port Macquarie property
... outside a house on the NSW mid north coast. CCTV vision of a man stealing a large inflatable Santa from a display on William Street, Port Macquarie. ...

Port Augusta - ‘hottest place on Earth’
PORT Augusta sweltered through its fourth day of extreme heat on Saturday, confirming its status as one of the hottest places on the planet. ...

Storm in a port over the homeless MV Portland
Alcoa's unwanted ship, the MV Portland, remains without course, its crew unwilling to sail it, and its home port making it clear it is not welcome ...

Malcolm Turnbull aghast at Darwin Port sale a week before it was announced
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull was so concerned about the sale of the Port of Darwin to a Chinese company linked to the Communist Party that ...

Chad Wingard sticks with Port Adelaide in new AFL deal
Port Adelaide have continued a series of off-season re-signings, tying down Chad Wingard to the end of the 2019 AFL season.