ftp port open #2

How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I
am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address.

0
stchai
5/20/2005 3:10:15 AM
grc.shieldsup 2699 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ShieldsUp finding 2 open ports.
I am running XP pro. I had the XP Firewall switched of. I am also running McAfee Firewall. ShieldsUp found ports 135 and 1025 open. When I activated XP's Firewall, they, were like the rest, then found to be "stealthed" I would have thought that McAfee would have blocked the ports when scanned by ShieldsUp. Anyone know why not. Thanks. Malky. MALCOLM WATSON wrote: : I am running XP pro. I had the XP Firewall switched of. I am also running : McAfee Firewall. ShieldsUp found ports 135 and 1025 open. When I activated : XP's Firewall, they, were like the rest, then ...

FTP Ports open, but no FTP
Hi I have a win 2000 server set up as a web server with several IP adresses (6 total). I am running FTP service on two of these, but when I port scan, all of the IP's have port 21 open. Is this normal? My other services like SMTP and WEB only shows up on the IP's they are supposed to. If I try to connect with my FTP client on one of the IP's that is not set up to run FTP it just says: "Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message." and then after a while I get a timeout. Is it normal or are some nasty Trojan listening and waiting for the right commands to...

open ports #2
Hi, with my w2kserver and client pc's (xp-pro) , i note that i have ports 53 and 199 open , is this normal and if not what can i do to close them. james <n21roadie@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > with my w2kserver and client pc's (xp-pro) , > i note that i have ports 53 and 199 open , is this normal and if not what > can i do to close them. I'm guessing this is not a question about ShieldsUp!, so you probably should post your question in grc.security or grc.security.software to get a good answer. http://www.imilly.com/noregrets.htm -- Robert Lis...

ftp port open
How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address. "stchai" <stchai@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:d6jrr3$2n3h$1@news.grc.com... > How to configure WAN to close the ftp port on my SpeedStream 5851 router? I > am using Covad SDSL with one static IP address. Try asking your question in dslreports. http://www.dslreports.com/nsearch?boardlist=125&cat=remark&advanced=1&125=1&p=10&o=r&q=speedstream http://www.alltel.net/downloads/links/SpeedStream211.pdf -...

Open ports #2
Hi I have a question. I am running a w2k box with Tiny personal firwall. When I test from the outside I don't get any open ports but when I do a netstat -an I see a lot of ports listening! Is this normal and how do I find out what programs are behind it? I checked for tools but came up empty sofar. Any advise? Haico Haico Bianchi wrote: > Hi I have a question. I am running a w2k box with Tiny personal firwall. > When I test from the outside I don't get any open ports but when I do a > netstat -an I see a lot of ports listening! Is this normal and how do I find &...

Open ports #2
How do you close open ports which are continually in a listening mode? My TCP ports 1025(BlackJack) and 1029(unassigned?) are open and listening. This began about a week ago---no new installations during this period. Running Win98/IE5.5sp2/ZAPro,The Cleaner, BO-Clean, eTrust EZ a/v, TDS-3 and numerous other programs/utilities. Anti trojan/anti-virus programs and MS security are up to date. Last night, here's what it looked like in Netstat from the TDS-3 console: ( Note:destination port changed alternately, at various times since last night, from :0 to: 24818,16562, 4139 and b...

Ports Open! Why? #2
[This followup was posted to grc.leaktest and a copy was sent to the cited author.] Just did leak test and it is showing Ports 480 through 1010 and Ports 1034 through 1055 are open. I'm using Online Armor firewall and a VPN! What does it mean that half of the first 1050 ports are wide open (the rest are at stealth)? ...

Open Ports? #2
I have a firewall running but am still reading lots of listening ports epmap, microsoft-ds,1028,445,3142,135,1025,3003,3004,139,2234,137,138,3002 All of them seem to be running under the process name svchost.exe or System, does anyone have any idea what they are doing? Are they being protected by the firewall (Norton Personal Firewall 2002)? Thanks, Andrew Andrew Johnson <andyjon12@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a firewall running but am still reading lots of listening ports > > epmap, microsoft-ds,1028,445,3142,135,1025,3003,3004,139,2234,137,138,3002 > &g...

open port #2
Name: Thomas Lee Email: pf6682atyahoodotcomdotsg Product: Firefox Summary: open port Comments: When I use Firefox to grc.com site to test the for the security, it have an open port on telnet and the rest of the port is closed on this computer only. When I use Firefox on my other computer to grc.com site all ports tested stealth. May I know what is the problem with this computer which is what I am using now to write to you. My computer is Pentium 111 766 m hertz 512 mb ram, pc tool firwall Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) ...

Open Port #2
Hi there, I ran "probe my port" and resulted one as RPC is open. How to stealth it? Am using Norton Internet Security 2001 with Win2000pro as OS and connected using PPP with ADSL modem. Please help. thanks a lot! problem solved.... Using Norton Internet Security I created a firewall rule to block svchost.exe then I ran the probe test again...result : All is stealth...whew! "Donna" <donna_tm@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a3m4g5$qmp$1@news.grc.com... > Hi there, > I ran "probe my port" and resulted one as RPC is open. How to stealth it?...

open ports #2
Can some one tell me what this is and if I should worry? TCP 1025 0.0.0.0:0 LISTEN <unknown> TCP 4444 0.0.0.0:0 LISTEN <unknown> TCP 21 0.0.0.0:0 LISTEN Fore / Invisible FTP / FTP / WebEx / WinCrash TCP 25 0.0.0.0:0 LISTEN Antigen / Email Password Sender / Haebu Coceda / Shtrilitz / Stealth / Terminator TCP 80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTEN Executor TCP 110 0.0.0.0:0 LISTEN <unknown> TCP 119 0.0.0.0:0 LISTEN Happy 99 TCP 137 0.0.0.0:0 ...

How to open a port #2
Greetings. I'm new to these groups and am hoping to find a little help. I get friends calling with computer problems and it would be so much easier to help if I could see what they were doing. If they're running Win XP, as I am, (Pro) it's easy to have them find and read me their IP address and connect using remote desktop connection. However some are still using Win 98 or Win 2000. My question is, is there a way to connect to their machine without having them install PC Anywhere or something else. I understand that hackers love Telnet for this. I've been expe...

UDP Port Open doesnt mean the port is open
Related to the other threads that are ongoing regarding a similar issue it SEEMS as if some people might be concerned because UDP ports are being shown as open when they are running being a Stealthing device. This does not mean that your ports are in fact open. This problem i sbeing cause by the way in which the UDP protocol works. Since it is a connectionless protocol there is no set-up or tear down of connections. Packets are puched out of the computer like a mother bird teaching her babies to fly. If they make it they make it. typically the way a port scan would see a closed UD...

Open Ports what opened them
How I find out what program has opened a port on my computer. port 2105 -- There is an old Vulcan proverb. Only Nixon could go to China. Brady Wang wrote: > How I find out what program has opened a port on my computer. You can use AtGuard (no longer available), Norton Internet Security / Norton Personal Firewall (non free) <http://www.symantec.com>, TCPView Pro (non free) <http://www.winternals.com/>, Fport (free but NT/2000 only) <http://www.foundstone.com/> and a few other tools. Sebastian ...

Web resources about - ftp port open #2 - grc.shieldsup

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Port - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A port is a location on a coast or shore containing one or more harbors where ships can dock and transfer people or cargo to or from land. Port ...

Controversial nuclear waste shipment arrives in Port Kembla
A ship carrying&nbsp;25 tonnes of nuclear waste will be transported to Sydney's Lucas Heights after it&nbsp;arrived in the state's south&nbsp;on ...

NT Chief Minister Adam Giles embraces the Chinese over the Port of Darwin deal
The rest of Australia and even the US might not feel the same way about selling out a strategically crucial port to the Chinese, but the Northern ...

Apple applies for patent for ‘self-healing ports’ as it continues to work on waterproofing
... been working hard in this area – with the new phones still working after a full hour underwater. But water will always get in through ports ...

Here’s what id Software’s PC port of Mario 3 could have looked like
Nintendo rejected this early demo, leaving id to make the Commander Keen games.

Medical Examiner: Port Huron Woman’s Dog Mauling Death Was Suicide
"It's akin to someone jumping into a cage with tigers or lions at a zoo." PORT HURON (WWJ) – Suicide by dog attack. That’s what authorities say ...

15,000 faulty hoverboards halted at UK ports as retailers issue recalls
Self-balancing scooters are in demand this season, but many are found to ship with poor-quality charging equipment that doesn't meet UK or EU ...