Windows 7 like network resource monitoring tool for XP #2

I know it was mentioned in an episode of past...a tool that graphically
shows network activity on my XP workstation, and the associated process/exe
with real time update.

If you have not seen it yet, Windows 7 resource monitoring tool is excellent
for this.

I searched linkfarm and Securitynow show notes, but I cant seem to remember
the tool that was mentioned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Tighe
7/8/2009 5:19:17 AM
grc.securitynow 3529 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Windows 7 like network resource monitoring tool for XP
I know it was mentioned in an episode of past...a tool that graphically shows network activity on my XP workstation, and the associated process/exe with real time update. If you have not seen it yet, Windows 7 resource monitoring tool is excellent for this. I searched linkfarm and Securitynow show notes, but I cant seem to remember the tool that was mentioned. Any help would be greatly appreciated. In article <h31a94$1emg$1@news.grc.com>, on Tue, 7 Jul 2009 22:16:51 -0700, Tighe wrote: | I know it was mentioned in an episode of past...a tool that graphicall...

setting up a network between Windows XP, Windows 7 opensuse
Hi I need some advise about setting up a wireless network, never had to do this before. My partner has just purchased a fancy laptop, which will have windows7. I have a desktop with two hard drives one with Opensuse 11.2 64 bits, the other with Windows XP. At present my box is connect directly via cable to the netgear DG834Gv2 router, that comes with me ISP.. May questions are; - can i have my box cabled to the router at the same time as using the router to connect the laptop by wireless? - Does Suse have a program for setting up such networks? I have the feeling this could be a ...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error #2
Name: D C DowDell Email: mailatapassion4jazzdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error Comments: Windows XP Home now displays "not found" type error when Firefox 2.0.0.7 is used as default windows browser accessing local files on machine. The files do exist and are found, but the alert is shown anyway. This never happened in previous builds of Firefox, and it started immediately after automatic upgrade. If Firefox is already open, then this error does not happen. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1...

Firefox 4 Beta 2
Name: Matthew Green Email: mgreenatgctechdotie Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 4 Beta 2 - 2 issues with dual monitor windows 7 x64 Comments: - When working with firefox when it is running the second screen, when you start to type in the top right search area, it lists the suggestions of what you are trying to type on screen one. - After going from 2 screens in the office to 1 screen out of the office, when you start firefox again it still restores to the second screen that isn't there. Great browser by the way. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Windows NT 6...

Windows 7 from XP #2
I'm pretty sure this was covered before, but I can't find it. I toyed with the idea of upgrading to WIN 7 from XP today on my 3 family systems - until I saw the bit about having to reinstall all software, and saving all files elsewhere. That seems to indicate basically scrubbing the drive. Is there ANY alternative to having to reinstall all software (or deleting it)? I vaguely recall the last time I saw comments on this it was something to the effect that MS was penalizing people who didn't move to Vista. -- I prefer responses to the group. email at rjackhamat...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

Windows 7 And Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows 7 (IR4)
Good afternoon, I'm currently employed at *Private* in IT, and since July we've been moving every PC over to Windows 7 (Upgrading Macs as well). So far so good, but we've run into a few walls with things we want to do. I've searched quite a while on it, and managed to make Novell the default login screen like it was in XP. However, we want to try and take it one step further and make the specific user's name as the default username. (Once again as it was in XP). We've had some issues, well, widespread issues, with people losing network drives and the li...

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (v 2)
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), currently a Release Candidate in Beta testing, includes significant enhancements to the Windows Firewall component, previously known as the Internet Connection Firewall (ICF). Windows Firewall is a stateful host-based firewall that discards unsolicited incoming traffic, providing a level of protection for computers against malicious users or programs. To provide better protection for computers connected to any kind of network (such as the Internet, a home network, or an organization network), Windows XP SP2 enables Windows Firewall on all network connec...

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools
Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=838079 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=49ae8576-9bb9-4126-9761-ba8011fabf38&displaylang=en The Windows Support Tools for Microsoft Windows XP are intended for use by Microsoft support personnel and experienced users to assist in diagnosing and resolving computer problems. For individual tool descriptions, see the Windows Support Tools documentation (Suptools.chm). The Windows Support Tools for Windows XP can be installed only on a computer that is running the Windows XP ope...

How To Replace Windows XP With Windows 7
Many Windows XP users have decided to skip the Windows Vista operating system due to countless problems reported in the early days of its release. Especially performance related issues where the main culprit why many Windows XP users decided to wait for Vista's successor instead. The release of Windows 7 is not that far away anymore. Microsoft did already make announcements regarding the possible upgrade opportunities. In short; Windows XP users will be able to buy an upgrade edition of Windows 7 but will not be able to upgrade the operating system itself to Windows 7. They ...

Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2
Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888413 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 888413 Last Review : March 7, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS After you install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) on a Windows XP-based computer, Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message. CAUSE This problem may occur after you ins...

Windows XP Networking doesn't like homeplug?
I have two computers connected to an internet switch. And this switch is connected to a homeplug. If I boot linux on both computers everything works fine. But when I boot windows xp on one of them, downloads (on windows xp) are slower, about a third of the speed. I tried connecting this machine directly to the router with a very long cable and the problem seemed to go away. So it seems that windows just doesn't work very well with homeplug. Is there a parameter I can tweak to resolve this? I thought it might be something to do with buffering. (By the way, I pointlessly re-...

Web resources about - Windows 7 like network resource monitoring tool for XP #2 - grc.securitynow

Environmental monitoring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Environmental monitoring describes the processes and activities that need to take place to characterise and monitor the quality of the environment. ...

Facebook Open-Sources Infrastructure Monitoring Framework and Security Tool osquery
Facebook announced the open-sourcing of security tool osquery , a framework that gives engineers a different way to monitor their infrastructure ...

Monitoring cache with Claspin - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Monitoring cache with Claspin geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Monitoring App Quality with Insights
We’re introducing two new features in Insights : App Ratings and Negative Feedback. They both help you monitor positive and negative user signals. ...

Social Media Monitoring
Events have been a premier feature for Facebook even in its earliest iterations. A great tool for community organizing and brand promotion, Facebook ...

Announcing Bosun, our new open source monitoring & alerting system
... all the time, for no good reason. - Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey A big part of scaling up an engineering team is getting serious about monitoring ...

System & Monitoring Tools on the App Store on iTunes
Get System & Monitoring Tools on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Initial experiences with the Prometheus monitoring system
I've been looking for a while for a monitoring system written in Go, self-contained and easy to deploy. I think I finally found what I was looking ...

Weighing the options for monitoring your body fat
If you want to lose weight, your Apple Watch can help you sustain healthy habits, but it can’t actually monitor your progress. For that you need ...

FBI Director Admits — ‘Encryption Is Getting In The Way’ Of Monitoring Terrorists
FBI Director Admits — ‘Encryption Is Getting In The Way’ Of Monitoring Terrorists