Who's show is SN? Steve's or Leo's?

I don't want to start anything (honestly)!  Just want to ask a simple
question.  Does the Security Now podcast belong to Steve Gibson or Leo
Laporte?

Maybe I'm in a world all to myself, but when I listen to the excellent
SN podcasts, I want to hear STEVE, not Leo.  But especially in the past
few shows, it seems Leo will repeatedly interrupt Steve in the middle of
a sentence that I want to hear the rest of.  I consider this very rude
of Leo.  Steve is making a point that I (we) want to hear, then looses
his train of thought after Leo barges in and asks something.  It's as if
Leo feels we all want to hear what HE has to say and what HE is thinking
about.  Sorry Leo, not on SN.

But then again, if it's Leo's show, I'll stop complaining.  At least I
feel better now just venting about it!  :)

-Tim
0
Tim
1/15/2008 11:14:05 PM
grc.securitynow 3529 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Tim Lemmon" <tim@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I don't want to start anything (honestly)!  Just want to ask a simple
>question.  Does the Security Now podcast belong to Steve Gibson or
>Leo Laporte?
>
> Maybe I'm in a world all to myself, but when I listen to the
> excellent SN podcasts, I want to hear STEVE, not Leo.  But
> especially in the past few shows, it seems Leo will repeatedly
> interrupt Steve in the middle of a sentence that I want to hear the
> rest of.  I consider this very rude of Leo.  Steve is making a point
> that I (we) want to hear, then looses his train of thought after Leo
> barges in and asks something.  It's as if Leo feels we all want to
> hear what HE has to say and what HE is thinking about.  Sorry Leo,
> not on SN.
>
> But then again, if it's Leo's show, I'll stop complaining.  At least
> I feel better now just venting about it!  :)
>
> -Tim

My understanding is that Leo is the host, and Steve is the (permanent)
guest.

You could view it that Leo is effectively interviewing Steve, the
expert, on a subject matter.

Therefore, in the terms you have set out, I guess the answer is that
it is Leo's show and it is one of the TWiT productions (Leo is
producer, editor, and host).

In general, I find Leo's "interruptions" well timed to avoid things
getting too bogged down and they work well together - much better than
either would on their own.  We all have a subjective view on that
though!

Alan.

My unmunged email is:  1bupdvc02@sneakemail.com (valid for 30 days
min).  The following is a probably unique, meaningless string you can
use to find my posts in search engines: ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

0
Alan
1/16/2008 2:27:58 AM
"Alan" <alan@alan.alan> wrote in message news:fmjq3h$atm$1@news.grc.com...

> Therefore, in the terms you have set out, I guess the answer is that
> it is Leo's show and it is one of the TWiT productions (Leo is
> producer, editor, and host).

That's my understanding, also.  Pardon the comparison, but Leo is like a Jay
Leno on the show.

--
Robert
GRC Newsgroups/Guidelines/No Regrets

0
Robert
1/16/2008 2:27:52 PM
[for the unabridged version, see Tim Lemmon's post above]

Alan and Robert are right.

I would also mention that Security Now! would have never
happened if it weren't for Leo suggesting it and making
it happen -- along with the rest of his TWiT network.

Although I know that my constant SpinRite testimonial reading
has become redundant and annoys some, the podcast is the perfect
marketing opportunity for SpinRite and that -- alone -- provides
the incentive for me to keep giving the podcast any time that it
requires.

Our interruptions of each other are, I think, mostly a
consequence of the fact that we're not face-to-face and there's
some delay across the network through Skype, so it's not
possible to read body language to determine what the other is
thinking and when they're interested in interjecting a comment.

Steve.
0
Steve
1/16/2008 8:29:01 PM
"Steve Gibson" <news07_@_grc.com> wrote in message
> [for the unabridged version, see Tim Lemmon's post above]
>
> Alan and Robert are right.
>
> I would also mention that Security Now! would have never
> happened if it weren't for Leo suggesting it and making
> it happen -- along with the rest of his TWiT network.
>
> Although I know that my constant SpinRite testimonial reading
> has become redundant and annoys some, the podcast is the perfect
> marketing opportunity for SpinRite and that -- alone -- provides
> the incentive for me to keep giving the podcast any time that it
> requires.
>
> Our interruptions of each other are, I think, mostly a
> consequence of the fact that we're not face-to-face and there's
> some delay across the network through Skype, so it's not
> possible to read body language to determine what the other is
> thinking and when they're interested in interjecting a comment.

Hi Steve,

For me at least, the show works so well because of your superb
partnership / rapport that comes across to me in the podcast.

I imagine that the show would just not work very well if either of you
tried to do it without the other (like a comedy double-act, the funny
guy needs a straight guy to 'play off' else he is just being silly).

I have listened to at least one other tech security related netcast
hosted by a single person, and I gave up - it was just boring / dry /
hard going.

On the SpinRite ads - I fully support your including them (I have
bought SpinRite purely because of the SN netcast to support you - I
was aware of it for years before, but never did buy then).  I don't
expect to get something for nothing, but I would probably not buy the
netcast if you charged, so I am very happy to 'pay' via listening to
ads (not just SpinRite but other sponsors too).  All the better that
you use the interesting letters rather than just having Leo repeat the
same blurb each week, but I would still listen even if he did!

Thanks again for SN!

Alan.

My unmunged email is:  1bupdvc02@sneakemail.com (valid for 30 days
min).  The following is a probably unique, meaningless string you can
use to find my posts in search engines: ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

0
Alan
1/16/2008 11:17:35 PM
Hamachi with Webcams? :)

0
MOS
1/17/2008 6:35:24 AM
What I see, that Leo had just limited time to get his show done <<<SMILE>>>

--
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be
counted counts."

0
Johannes