XP network connections 1394 connection connected! huh?

Hi,
XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected.
There is no device plugged into my firewire port.
Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections?

Maybe I just never noticed before..

0
code_wrong

While ducking under cover and reloading, I thought I heard code_wrong say:

> Hi,
> XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected.
> There is no device plugged into my firewire port.
> Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections?
>
> Maybe I just never noticed before..

Same here, but like you said, nothing is plugged in so I don't worry about
it.  Wonder why, though...   :-)
--
Have a Nice Day, 'cause it sure beats having a Bad Day!
Tim Daniel, USMC(Ret)  Give a person a fish, and you feed them for a day;
Da Boss! wrote:
> While ducking under cover and reloading, I thought I heard code_wrong say:
>
>> Hi,
>> XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected.
>> There is no device plugged into my firewire port.
>> Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections?
>>
>> Maybe I just never noticed before..
>
> Same here, but like you said, nothing is plugged in so I don't worry about
> it.  Wonder why, though...   :-)

If it annoys you, as it did me, why not disable it with Device Manager?
The world did not end and everything else still worked.

The problem lies in the new connection wizard which turns it on....

--
Le Flake
 From deepest, darkest Ontario

> Da Boss! wrote:
>> While ducking under cover and reloading, I thought I heard code_wrong say:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected.
>>> There is no device plugged into my firewire port.
>>> Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections?
>>>
>>> Maybe I just never noticed before..
>>
>> Same here, but like you said, nothing is plugged in so I don't worry about
>> it.  Wonder why, though...   :-)
>
> If it annoys you, as it did me, why not disable it with Device Manager?
> The world did not end and everything else still worked.
>
> The problem lies in the new connection wizard which turns it on....

Didn't say it annoyed me, just made me wonder.  Doesn't seem to cause any
problems, so no big deal.

If I disable FireWire, then *if* I ever get a firewire device I would have
to remember to enable it, and my memory isn't what it used to be, so it can
think it's connect if it wants too!  :-)
--
Have a Nice Day, 'cause it sure beats having a Bad Day!
Tim Daniel, USMC(Ret)  Those who live by the sword get shot by those who

"code_wrong" <tac@tac.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected.
> There is no device plugged into my firewire port.
> Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections?
>
> Maybe I just never noticed before..

0
Jamie

not connected when I am connected

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

OpenVPN no connectivity after connecting
My goal with the OpenSuSE machine I have set up is to be an OpenVPN server. So far so good, I have started the server and I am able to connect a Mac client (running TunnelBlick) to the server. However the client doesn't have any connectivity, I can't ping any addresses for example. The server is set up for bridging instead of routing as I want the remote client to get an IP address in the same range as the rest of the LAN. The client is getting an IP address from the range specified in my server.conf file, so that's a start, but the client can't talk to anyone. ...

@@connections and user connections
Hi! I've a doubt, I hope you can help me. I've ASE 11.9.3 on HP-UX 11.0. The problem is at times, when an user run an aplication, soon afterwards system log out him. I checked the log and I found the next error: 01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.32 server Error: 1601, Severity: 21, State: 3 01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.33 server There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure SQL Server with more user connections. But, the point is I...

Connection within connection
I have a table that stores general information on employees. I have a related table that stores actions of those employees. What I would like to do is make a list of employees + their actions. I wanted to do something like this: Dim cnAccess As new OleDbConnection("provider=...") cnAccess.Open() Dim sSelect As String sSelect = "SELECT * FROM tblEmployees" Dim cmdSelect as New OleDbCommand(sSelect, cnAccess) Dim drEmployees As OleDbDataReader drEmployees = cmdSelect.ExecuteReader() Do While drEmployees.Read() 'get name 'ge...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

Connection Failed Activation of Network Connection Failed
I am running openSUSE 12.1 Beta 1 GNOME and I cannot get an internet connection. The wireless on my laptop says missing firmware which is fine. It says this on any distro and I can get it working. However, I can not get my wired connection to work. It keeps trying to connect and says "Connection Failed Activation of Network Connection Failed. I have seen other people have this problem online somewhere and they said they had to swap something from manual to auto, but I am not sure what or where. I know that this laptops ethernet card will work fine on here b/c I used ope...

Check for network connection before CONNECT USING SQLCA?`
If I try to connect to a database through a tcp-ip connection that is not currently active ( mobile user hasn't logged in, network is down, server is unavailable, ...) the CONNECT statement holds and does not seem to timeout. The users usually end up waiting between 1-5 minutes and then rebooting. This does not happen often, but it does happen often enough to try and prevent it. Is there anyway of setting a usable timeout on the CONNECT, or pre-testing for a live wire? Thanks in advance, Chris Ping? Chris Street <ctstreet@hydro.mb.ca> wrote in message news:377B6E...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
please can you help, when i do my request form i am getting an error. this happens when it is called over the web externally when i launch in visual stuido it works fine, i am local to the smtp server. it is an Exchange 2003 server. It has an address published, i can connect to port 25 with telnet to the dnsname.   I have many different snippets of code i have tried in a bid to get to the root, i think it cant authenticate. i have assigned 3 buttons to different subs for the mail send, noe of which work   A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am having issues while sending mails using the namespace System.Net.Mail.I keep getting the error as below:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondThe code works in other remote hosting servers. This error occurs only for this particular server infotechage.com. I found some articles which said increase the timeout, but that does not help me. What may be the reason for this? Please help. I have been working on this issue for the last 3 days but in v...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Hi All,  I have created a FTP client in ASP.net and it's working fine on my local system but when i deployed this code on Public IP(Remote server) it's not working.Code and Exceptions message are give below. public void Login() { if ( this.loggedin ) this.Close(); Debug.WriteLine("Opening connection to " + this.server, "FtpClient" ); IPAddress addr = null; IPEndPoint ep = null; try { this.clientSocket = new Socket( AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp ); addr = Dns.Resolve(this.serve...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. with ASP.NET(2.0) The Bank Give Me WebService and say to me to use post method for sending my information. My Transaction State Is Ok But when i call a method of Bank webservice  it give me error   _______My Sample Code ___________ double TA;WebServices.ReferencePayment PaymentWebService = new WebServices.ReferencePayment();string MID = "00229018-45987";string t_strRefNum="*********";double t_lAmount;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) &n...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Background: I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. I have tested my web application at my local machine. Everything just works fine. I have no problem to connect my payment gateway  However, after I have upload all my application code to my hosting company, I cannot check out because my web application cannot connect to the payment gateway And get following errors: " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected...

Web resources about - XP network connections 1394 connection connected! huh? - grc.security

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...